Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Poison Ivy -

IMG_5544.jpg

Wrong wi(i)g?

Pixen, mate, this entire exchange is flying over your head. Check regwec's and mine posts on previous two pages and it will shed some light on the matter.

Increasingly, I wonder whether the rest of humanity has tuned into a frequency different to mine.

Increasingly, I wonder whether the rest of humanity has tuned into a frequency different to mine.

Being prone to the usage of sarcasm and encountering similar situations during the years, I came to the conclusion that many people are really bad when it comes to reading it, even if it's delivered in a quite obvious way. It's just the way it is, I guess...

I got the sense of sarcasm but it's harder to really confirm when comic fans can be that anal/serious with things like that.

I got the sense of sarcasm but it's harder to really confirm when comic fans can be that anal/serious with things like that.

Yeah, I can understand that... despite being ridiculous, it's not that far from the truth. Actually, one might argue that it is believable exactly because of the ridiculousness. :p

In any case, I didn't mean to offend you, mate. Though what I've said, I've really been getting that a lot... people taking seriously everything I say, even if it's bunch of nonsense.

Since it appears Marvel has scooped up Jessica Chastain for X-Men I would have nominated her for the role of Poison Ivy but now my second best choice definitely has to be Bryce Dallas Howard

Since it appears Marvel has scooped up Jessica Chastain for X-Men I would have nominated her for the role of Poison Ivy but now my second best choice definitely has to be Bryce Dallas Howard

Bryce is a better choice, anyway. :cwink:

Jessica Chastain.

Poison_Ivy_jessica_chastain.jpg
Can't Jessica be in both the DC and X-Universe?

I can't help thinking that Fox simply cast Jessica in the upcoming X-Men film (in what I suspect will be a pointless role in a pointless film - does anyone really want another X-Men sequel after the atrocious Age of Apocalypse?), just to spite/block DC seeing as she's the absolute perfect choice for Poison Ivy (she was practically made to play that role).

I like the idea of Fox executives acting like 60s Batman villains going "we shall foil them once more!"

Honestly Chastain mostly just looks the part.

I like Bryce Dallas Howard and Evan Rachel-Wood for this.

I'm gonna go left field and say Lady Gaga. Was very impressed by her after seeing AHS when I had strong doubts.

Honestly Chastain mostly just looks the part.

I like Bryce Dallas Howard and Evan Rachel-Wood for this.

Yep. She'll always be the better choice when it comes to her and Chastain. I mean, let's present Exhibit A (again):

fan-art-imagines-bryce-dallas-howard-as-poison-ivy-in-gotham-city-sirens

Megan still is a contender in my book. She would look more of Ayers asthetic he created with SS and isn't nearly as bad of an actress as some have made her out to be.
2ijiybq.jpg

In terms of pure talent, Megan Fox is one of the most trash actresses in recent memory. You're right, she's not as bad as most make her out to be: she's far worse.

Casting Megan Fox as Ivy would pretty much be proof that WB isn’t take this material seriously.

Not a choice I think they would go for, but my dream choice would be Gillian Anderson as Ivy.

A more realistic choice would be Chastain or Howard.

Chastain, Howard or Evan Rachel Wood would be amazing.

Gillian Anderson would also be awesome. She still looks amazing. Honestly, I think she just gets better with age.

I would go with either Jessica Chastain or Bryce Dallas Howard I would go with Bryce because comics wise she looks the closest to Pamela Isley and not to mention Bryce Dallas can act especially if you have seen her work

Not to mention it isn't like she hasn't done CBM before case in point Spider Man 3 when she played Gwen Stacy

But also she has matured as an actress as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"