Pokémon live-action trailer-- leak, or forgery of crafty fanboys?

Just watched the video. Normaly I ****ing HATE the show (the games are ok, though), but I'd definitely pay to see this as a feature-length film! I like how they made it a lot more serious and how dark the mood is. It feels almost as gritty as Christopher Nolan's Batman films! But the icing on the cake is that they did what the show couldn't: making Team Rocket actually as threatening and diabolic as they're allegedly SUPPOSED to be! Hell, they even use GUNS! Overall, I REALLY want to see this made as a full movie, and bravo to the guys who made this for taking a piece of **** anime and giving it the retooling it deserves!

9/10

Just watched the video. Normaly I ****ing HATE the show (the games are ok, though), but I'd definitely pay to see this as a feature-length film! I like how they made it a lot more serious and how dark the mood is. It feels almost as gritty as Christopher Nolan's Batman films! But the icing on the cake is that they did what the show couldn't: making Team Rocket actually as threatening and diabolic as they're allegedly SUPPOSED to be! Hell, they even use GUNS! Overall, I REALLY want to see this made as a full movie, and bravo to the guys who made this for taking a piece of **** anime and giving it the retooling it deserves!

9/10
:dry:

Pfft... Jeremy Irons is Professor Oak. Also, if you don't think Team Rocket is evil, you haven't played the games, and you're ignorant for not liking the awesomeness that is the animated Team Rocket.

Yeah that was a pretty crappy rendition of Pokemon, absolutely nothing like what I grew up with.
I think it would be a cool idea, if they WERE to do a live-action Pokemon, would be to do it documentary style, like a David Attenborough style mockumentary. It would be like Walking with Dinosaurs (if some people havn't heard of that show GOOGLE IT NOW IT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW) but with better CG and just render the pokemon like those fan drawings of photorealistic pokemon you see on DeviantArt (well, the good ones XD)
And every now and then they can stumble onto a trainer battle...I'd see that TV show. I think about things too much. :D

Pfft... Jeremy Irons is Professor Oak. Also, if you don't think Team Rocket is evil, you haven't played the games, and you're ignorant for not liking the awesomeness that is the animated Team Rocket.

The cartoon Team Rocket can sometimes do good things when they want to. Other Team Rocket members such as Butch & Cassidy are a little bit more evil though.

They should be able to do some good things for the bad reason. Team Rocket was basically the Pokémafia. They weren't environmental terrorists (Team Magma/Aqua) or diabolical supervillains (Team Galactic), they were criminals, and they did do evil things. Chopping off the tails of Slowpokes to sell, unleashing Gyarados after Gyarados onto populated areas to force a red one into being and genetically engineering a superweapon are pretty damn evil, but realistically so for a criminal enterprise in a world dominated by organized monster fighting.

When the live-action movie inevitably gets released, you already know the writer/director will make Team Rocket funny, but will make them more dangerous than they're portrayed in the cartoon.

First of all, I hate the Pokemon anime show. It's exactly the type of amine I just can't stand. Half the characters never open their eyes, the rest have eyes that take up 60% of their faces. They have no noses and their mouths open to be twice as wide as their heads when they talk.

And don't even get me started on how the poklemon talk, just saying their own names over and over again. It's like on that episode of Robot Chicken, where Squirtel breaks character and says "What the f**k am I saying? I can't understand anything in this script! Kids! Go read a book!" (I loved that!).

I always wanted to see an episode where a hunter was hunting and killing pokemon. A pikachu coat. A charmander belt. A pair of charazar boots. "Gotta kill 'em all! Goota kill 'em all!"

So it really doesn't make any difference to me if this is real or fake. I wouldn't want to watch it anyway.

That being said, I can understand why film makers would make a live action movie version of Pokemon a little more serious than the original anime source material. The kids who grew up with the show and the trading card game (and it was a trading card game long before it was ever a video game for Nintendo), thus they would need to make it a little more mature to reflect the maturity of their fanbase. But because the source material is intended for children, then it shouldn't be rated any higher than PG or PG-13 at the most.

And making a Pokemon movie a little darker and edgier isn't exactly new. In the animated Pokemon Movie, which introduces Meuwtwo, Ash actually dies at the end and Pikachu tries to use his lightning powers as a defibulator to revive him (I was working in a movie theatre when it was showing, and ended up seeing bits and pieces of it during my periodic theatre checks).

If you're wondering how someone who despises Pokemon knows so much, aside from having worked in a movie theatre when the first feature length movie came out, my nephew was a big fan of both the show and the card game. Learning that crap kinda goes hand in hand with being a good uncle.

Pokemon was a video game before a card game Thundarr. And the Pokemon anime is the only one I can stomach for any length of time, thanks to the wackiness of Team Rocket so :oldrazz:

Yea Team Rocket was far more interesting than the rest

If you're wondering how someone who despises Pokemon knows so much, aside from having worked in a movie theatre when the first feature length movie came out, my nephew was a big fan of both the show and the card game. Learning that crap kinda goes hand in hand with being a good uncle.

The way you talk about it makes it completely seem like you watched the show.

And how old are you? Just going by that you have nephew, maybe it's possible that you're a little old to be in the target audience? If that's the case, it's a little silly to go off ranting then.

Sorry, just wasnt sure. In anycase I have been laughing about this all day. I actually like the concept of real Pokemon you posted Kane. Ecspecially the Arcanine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"