Police Standoff with suicidal solidier on my block

EdRyder

Sidekick
Reaction score
It all started off normal.My brother in law and myself on the porch smoking a cigarette.When a police officer pulls up across the street and is greeted by a soldier in uniform and another man who is clearly a soldier but in civies.The female officer got out of her vehicle and began to speak with the men when another squad car pulls up right in front of my house-"Go in the house! Go in your house!" is all he said,so we did

It turned into a three and a half hour standoff with a suicidal soldier.

It just so happens that those other two men were in this mans unit.They must have known he'd been depressed and alerted the Police who I imagine ,were informed there were weapons in the house.
For the whole ordeal we watched safely from the window.Dozens of officers positioned themselves around the area,and blocked off the streets.

A man on a PA kept trying to make contact with him.
"Wesley, come on man,..your not in any trouble.Turn on your cell phone so I can call you."
He continued to repeat and repeat similar things throughout-
"Wesley,Come on bro,..Turn on your cell phone!Or you can call me!My number is blah blah blah"
"Just come to the window so we can talk"
"Shake the drapes so that I know that you're alright in there"

After the sun went down it looked like there was more and more cops all over the place-On the sides of the houses ,behind tress..Everywhere.

Finally after one last attempt of contact-They stormed his house.When the first sound of a shotgun-ish blast went off both me and my brother in law agreed "Those ain't shots" Sure enough you could see the sparks coming from the barrel in the distance with another two shots ..They hit him with the CS-Used the ram to knock the door down ,and brought him out unharmed.

It was little scary at times just to see people on your block in swat helmets and assault rifles,,.But I'm glad it turned out ok and I hope this dude gets the help he needs

Image18-1.jpg

Image15.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image11.jpg

Image10.jpg

Pics I took

Wowsers! :wow:

If I lived on that street I'd be cowering most of the time, and then timidly peeking out of the window every few minutes. :o

That is a lot of wasted man power on a suicidal man. Just let him do his thing. Then send a clean up crew.

That's nuts, glad the guy is alright.

they should legalize suicide and have clinic that you can go to.

Thats a waste of money. Just let the people do there thing. If their family, or friends want to stop them then fine, but sending out that many police, & everything else. Is just crazy. If he really wants to kill himself. He will just reschedule for a day that people aren't bugging the piss out of him, then he will down a bottle of jack, & oxy. & call it a day.

Thats a waste of money. Just let the people do there thing. If their family, or friends want to stop them then fine, but sending out that many police, & everything else. Is just crazy. If he really wants to kill himself. He will just reschedule for a day that people aren't bugging the piss out of him, then he will down a bottle of jack, & oxy. & call it a day.

:whatever: Nice outlook you have there Sparky.

No because I do not believe in suicide, but if another person does believe in it. Then so be it. If it is a friend I will do what I can to stop them, but I wouldn't waste law enforcement man power on the issue. I would call a psychologist.

yea seriously... its not news worthy. you realize how many suicides go down and are stopped every day? theres a god damn HOTLINE you can call if you are feeling low and about to kill yourself.

sucks but people do do that. and small towns have no reason to even have police so if anything is going down, they all gotta see.

No because I do not believe in suicide, but if another person does believe in it. Then so be it. If it is a friend I will do what I can to stop them, but I wouldn't waste law enforcement man power on the issue. I would call a psychologist.

That's the same way I feel about seat belts. Who the **** are you, the government, to tell me I can't drive without a seat belt?! Am I endangering other people?

Seriously, though, I fail to see why suicide is "illegal". Its a sin, but plenty of other sins are legal. At least suicide very rarely puts others in harms way.

Now, I'll just sit back and wait until someone quotes me and tells me how I'm mislead. That's been happening a lot and believe it or not, my opinions have been swayed a little lately.

Wow. Clarksville.

I grew up in a town about an hour away from there.

That's the same way I feel about seat belts. Who the **** are you, the government, to tell me I can't drive without a seat belt?! Am I endangering other people?

Seriously, though, I fail to see why suicide is "illegal". Its a sin, but plenty of other sins are legal. At least suicide very rarely puts others in harms way.

Now, I'll just sit back and wait until someone quotes me and tells me how I'm mislead. That's been happening a lot and believe it or not, my opinions have been swayed a little lately.

That is the irony of this world. Everyone believes in freedom of speech, but only if they are doing the talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"