Justice League Poll: Should DC do a World's Finest movie before Justice League?

The problem there is that it's too soon to reboot origins that were just recently told. In the last 6 years both Green Lantern and Batman have had their origins told. Doesn't it seem too soon to do those origins again? The biggest knock on the Amazing Spider-man was that the first hour was filled with something that the GA has already seen recently, albeit about 10 years ago. It shows that continuing to start over isn't always the best route.

Batman can be rebooted without an origin movie. Everyone already knows it.

Trinity! We've seen superman and batman, a WF would be so anticlimactic. Bringing Wonder Woman would be the way to go

Seemed to work well in Batman/Superman Apocalypse... but they might want to change the story a bit.

But who knows, maybe WB are headed towards another Justice League: Mortal debacle with this JL movie and it'll get scrapped again and they'll change their strategy!
I sincerely hope so. Character-wise, it's better with solo lead-ins :)

i feel like the first cinematic meeting of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent definitely deserves its own movie
Batman meeting Superman is something audiences should be dying to see and is worthy of a film in itself. It's better from a storytelling and financial point of view as it would do massive numbers at the BO.
Something can't be more true than what you two said

Yeah, in theory a WF movie would be much easier to accomplish and it still would make huge b.o.!

I would love to see a World's Finest movie first. It would be a great way to build up to a JL film. In way I think you need Superman or Batman to set up there world, introduce us. I know that superman is coming out next summer and I suppose be kinda like what Ironman did for marvel giving us our first steps into a connecting DC film universe.

I know it's not going to happen but WB will follow the money like Marvel has done successfully (as far as story's go I think they've lacked other than the first Iron Man). I would hope that WB would go for quality and a strong build up then just pumping them out.(hopefully learning from the mistakes of the green lantern movie) I think WB will fail if they follow the "marvel plan." First marvel established there universe over what a 4 year span. I don't think that WB should expect to do it faster, plus we are way more saturated with superhero moves then we have ever have been before. (Don't get wrong it's an exciting time to be a comic book fan)

WB has to do something that sets them apart. A JL movie will make a lot money just off of novelty like the Avengers cashed in on. I consider myself I guess more of DC fan I don't know (with exception to Spider-man, X-men, Dare Devil, Iron man, Hulk lol) I truely enjoyed the Avengers, I've seen it multiple times but I know for me the novelty of all those great heros on the screen plus non-stop action is what sold it. (Which is great that's what they intended I think) Like I said WB has to do there own thing.

I like the idea of World's Finest first. It would be less risky (less expensive), while still retaining the two most important/appealing characters. They could even introduce WW or someone towards the end, making it a nice lead-up to JL.

Lately I've been thinking about the special effects budget that JL would require and it seems like even breaking even financially would be a huge challenge. I really like WF as a pre-cursor/testing the waters type move. Plus they could really focus on these two characters' relationship, which is very rich material.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was pointless and another fanboy dream, but thinking about it now, I do think this may be a better option than a JL movie first. It's definitely less risky and I agree that it could pull in Avengers numbers anyway (if done right, natch). So you have my vote.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was pointless and another fanboy dream, but thinking about it now, I do think this may be a better option than a JL movie first. It's definitely less risky and I agree that it could pull in Avengers numbers anyway (if done right, natch). So you have my vote.

I'm actually with you about the first thought and I created the thread, heh. What really got me thinking about it was the amount of screen time that it would take to introduce 5+ characters over the Avengers' 4.

The reason that Marvel is doing so well isn't just because they had one extremely successful movie (Avengers), it's because they're making a profit on all of the characters individually too. I can understand DC wanting to not miss the boat, but putting together 5 (or 4 more) movies just to build up to that point will take more time than they seem to think they have.

After fleshing out the idea a little more, I think the order that they should go with is Man of Steel, World's Finest, Man of Steel sequel, Justice League, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Justice League 2, Green Lantern. The reason that I put the Green Lantern last is to space it out from the recent origin story (connected or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"