Days of Future Past Poor 70's Wolverine

DoomGuy91

Civilian
Reaction score
His life is interrupted by an future version of himself and his body is hijacked, he later gains control for a brief moment then returns to a "sleep".

He would then later wake up from a drowning incident not knowing how he got in that situation.

Then 50 years later he basically is erased from existence, all those memories from 1973 to that point when original timeline Logan returned, gone, he basically "died", to be replaced by a Wolverine who knew nothing of his alternate's life after 1973 (I wonder what his relationship with Jean was like later on, since he would have no memories of the romance or death of Jean that his future version had).

Poor guy, he did not deserve that fate.

I do hope though that we see him again in Apocalypse (since it is set in the 80's, before he is replaced by future Wolverine ).

Anyone else feel sorry for this new timeline version of Logan, other then me?

He is in the same situation Marty McFly is in when he comes back from 1955 to 1985.

Marty is the only one who remembers a past that didn't happen. Marty has childhood memories of his dad being a nerd, his mom being fat and depressed and his brother and sister being boring. But none of that happened after he and Doc Brown corrected the timeline.

Marty is, like Wolverine, a person with memories that belong to a reality that doesn't exist any longer. Quite frustrating, even if the new reality is a better one.

Why should you feel bad for Logan? He just save a lot of people from being killed in the future.

Because oh what I said one post earlier.

Would you like it if you remembered decades of your life in a way that never happened for the rest of the world?

Well didn't Kitty already mentioned to him what would have happened if he successfully changed the past?

Also he got a chance to save friends from being dead forever. That should at least give him some peace.

Because oh what I said one post earlier.

Would you like it if you remembered decades of your life in a way that never happened for the rest of the world?

Yes. Because I'd remember the far worse scenario and why it's worth it.

I think it would have been better if it were a merger of personas instead. Wolverine taking over another Wolverine permanently like that just feels wrong. They are two separate entities. What if that was our Wolverine being taken over by another Wolverine? As a matter of fact, we're probably going to feel a connection with this Wolverine since he'll be in Apocalypse, but it might be weird knowing that Wolverine will pretty much "die" in the future when another version of himself takes over his mind.

To avoid this, they should have just had the two "merge". But with Wolverine not knowing what the heck was going on in the new timeline, it's obvious he basically killed the other one.

Perhaps Xavier can merge the two somehow.

I feel bad for Kitty more. An important instrument in changing the past, to be rewarded by her romance being erased and her former boyfriend being back with his ex.

Perhaps Xavier can merge the two somehow.
This might even be likely. For all we know, Xavier could have anticipated this, helping store or "preserve" Logan's memories-- sounds weird, but stranger things have happened.

It would be quite depressing for original Logan also, because the way he knows people would probably be different. Characteristics are still the same but depending on events Storm, Jean, Cyclops are all going to be different people. Would be strange waking up to old friends but with completely different memories of them. And probably different relationships.

I would've liked to see future Hanks reaction to future Logan of the old timeline reappearing in the altered future. As he was there in 73, when he came back. Would've been cool to see his reaction like we saw Professor Xaviers

This might even be likely. For all we know, Xavier could have anticipated this, helping store or "preserve" Logan's memories-- sounds weird, but stranger things have happened.

He can do that, of course.

Fact is, they would be just sterile infos with no feeling or emotion attached to them.

I do wish there had been a way to preserve both wolverine's in the altered present.

Bingo.

He seemed pretty happy to be home, with all of his friends back.

This is true.
Did u see the way he greeted Cyclops? Haha that was awesome!

Logan: "Good to see you Scott"

Scott: "Uhhh, yeah"

The OP is kidding right? I mean...he' so attached with an alternate version of Wolverine that only existed for a few seconds that he wants him needlessly brought back just to confuse things?

Not to mention Xavier will obviously just merge their memories.

I personally believe Wolverine just needs a few weeks to sort through memories and he'll be good. Until a movie taking place after 2023 proves it wrong, there's no reason it couldn't happen.

He can do that, of course.

Fact is, they would be just sterile infos with no feeling or emotion attached to them.

I'm in the theory that Charles could perform a mind meld so Wolverine would remember the last 50 years. I'm very sure it's possible for Charles to do

I mean...he' so attached with an alternate version of Wolverine that only existed for a few seconds ?

In universe wise he is very old like the wolverine we know, just has lived a different life post 1973.

Nothing wrong with feeling sorry for a wolverine that basically died so that the one we knew could continue living, and wishing that there had been a way to preserve those 50 years of memories that are foreign to our Wolverine.

I just don't like the idea of one wolverine joining the X-men, becoming a teacher, making friends, having a good life, then falling asleep and never waking up again, while another wolverine takes his place.

I simply don't want a wolverine to die, even if its not the actual Wolverine of the other films.

Last edited:
Its the same guy...and if it makes you feel any better, then just assume that Charles helped him regain his memories. We won't be catching up to that time for many years to find out either way, so its best to just move on.

Well to the time-traveller Wolverine, it's the other way around. To him, his friends as he originally knew them (and everyone in the world) ceased to exist and were replaced with altered versions with different memories.

(granted most of the people he knew ended up dying in the old timeline anyways, so there's no downside)

It's not just memories, they are two different people, two different consciouses. It'd be like Wolverine taking over Xavier's mind at the end, even if he gains the memories it's still Wolverine in control and not Xavier. They made it clear in the movie they were two different people. It's basically like our Wolverine travelling to that time and killing the Wolverine of that time and then taking over his life. I mean that's basically what happened, but it just happened in the mind.

I think the same thing happened at the end of the movie Source Code.

I guess it's not really fair to that other Wolverine, but we'll just have to accept it unless Xavier does some kind of mind merger thing.

I believe Logan will just be getting his memories merged and back again, i don't like the idea of a Logan being replaced by another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"