Days of Future Past Connecting XMO: Wolverine to DOFP - my thoughts

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
ORIGINS still belongs to the Timeline Prime canon, it's not a "what if" story at all.

1940: William Stryker Jr. is born.
1962: William Stryker Senior operates in America.
1963: Jason Stryker (Mastermind) is born.
1970: Jimmy Logan (James Howlett) and Victor Creed (Victor Logan) fight in Vietnam.
1973 (January): Jimmy Logan is located in NY (America) for a break from his military duties. The "Mobster issue" (he slept with his daughter) forces him to go away and embark on a new military campaign.
1975 (Fall of Saigon): After the firing squad failed to kill them, Logan and Creed are put "in brutal custody". Stryker recruits them for Team X.
1976: William Stryker approaches Xavier.
1977: Jason Stryker "kills" his mother. He is 14 years old. William orders him to be frozen.
1979: Logan quits Team X.
1985: ORIGINS. Scott is 16 years old or so.
1990: Stryker has no way to track Logan back. Logan starts to wander across the globe. "15 years before X1".
2005: X-Men 1.

I noticed:

1- Logan INSTANTANIOUSLY recognized 1973 Stryker because he looked like 1975 Stryker, if you know what I mean. IN-FICTION, of course. That's why he recognized him and had a post-traumatic disorder attack.
2- Danny Huston was digitally de-aged in the 1975 scenes. We must suppose he was playing THE young Stryker we see in DOFP for one minute of film. Next time we see in the movie, it's 1979. Then it's 1985, where he looks 45. It's everything fine in terms of continuity.
3- Logan had been part of Team X until 1979, then he quitted.
4- Most of the movie is set in 1985. Stryker relocated on the 3 Miles Island to avoid suspicions.
5- There's a nice cameo of Emma Silverfox in the "new" Timeline Sigma future 2023.

Last edited:
Well, the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was August of 1964 that jacked up the war. The Paris Peace Accord was signed by all parties in January of 1973.

So, despite the different ages of the actors involved, why couldn't Stryker have put together his team in the late 60's? Logan and Creed could have served and been arrested in that time frame. Logan could have quit and stormed off. After he did that in Origins, it cuts to SIX years later. It all fits as is. The events of this film clearly take place in that six year gap before he meets Silver Fox.

Well, the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was August of 1964 that jacked up the war. The Paris Peace Accord was signed by all parties in January of 1973.

So, despite the different ages of the actors involved, why couldn't Stryker have put together his team in the late 60's? Logan and Creed could have served and been arrested in that time frame. Logan could have quit and stormed off. After he did that in Origins, it cuts to SIX years later. It all fits as is. The events of this film clearly take place in that six year gap before he meets Silver Fox.

In DOFP, Stryker doesn't know Logan at all. Or so it seems... it's not so clear.

I believe they completely nullified Origins and X3.

I think they nullified Origins before DOFP starts. There is no way the Stryker of DOFP becomes the one of XOW in 1 or 2 years. Also, how would Wolverine (technically a Canadian) go from being hired muscle in New York to a Vietnam grunt after the war technically had ended (though not really)?

It is best not to think about it.

I think XMO:W was retconned before DoFP began, also. Much of the continuity with those 2 films makes no sense.

Didn't Singer say he wasn't ignoring any of the films?

He did include some scenes from Origins in DOFP.

He said he is not erasing any films and he believes in alternate timelines.

But of course some people would like to believe that they are already ignored those movies like as if they didn't happen because they were not good. Its been 2 movies in a row and TW/DOFP clearly acknowledged those films.

I'm pretty sure there was only one shot from Origins in DOFP. It was included in the sequence in the Paris Accord meeting where Wolverine first notices Stryker and flashes to the Weapon X transformation. Most of the footage was from X2, but there was one brief shot where we see the needles inserted into Logan which I'm pretty sure was from Origins.

As far as I'm concerned from now on when someone mentions that film my reaction will be,"What Origins film are you talking about? I'm not familiar with Fox ever making such a thing."

As far as I'm concerned from now on when someone mentions that film my reaction will be,"What Origins film are you talking about? I'm not familiar with Fox ever making such a thing."

What Origins film? There was never such a thing :oldrazz:

Seriously though, Origins still exists in my mind in the original timeline, but is just bent a little through DOFP. New timeline, it's all to play for :yay:

The shot that was shown from Origins, is Sabretooth breaking Logan's bone claws and that happened when Charles looked into Logan's mind.

Watching the film I was wondering where Sabretooth was. I know they rebooted most of the franchise, but Logan still grew up with Creed and fought wars together. Would have set my mind straight if he had a cameo in Vietnam. I mentioned in another thread that I would have loved it if it is Sabretooth that pulled Logan out of the water at the end, like where the hell have you been bro?

Sabretooth being missing was a big mistake, but one that's forgiveable given the small timeframe DOFP takes place in. Maybe he went out for groceries?

Origins belongs to the canon/continuity of Timeline Prime.

So we must take that in account if we're talking about Timeline Prime.

Sorry.

The thing is that Origins enters in direct conflict with the flashbacks in X2, which were also more prominently used in DoFP

The thing is that Origins enters in direct conflict with the flashbacks in X2, which were also more prominently used in DoFP

Memories can be altered by brain over time.

Which one's Stryker sr? In the movies that is. I'm confused now, lol.

The shot that was shown from Origins, is Sabretooth breaking Logan's bone claws and that happened when Charles looked into Logan's mind.

Exactly.

BobcVLSCcAAZm1H.jpg

All movies are canon.
And all movies are erased at the end (except in the minds of Logan).

I'm thinking that Wolverine getting Adamantium is one of those immutable Constances that will always occur.

Same with Xavier forming the X-Men and Magneto becoming a villain.

I'm starting to thnk Stryker wasn't Stryker in Origins but actually Mystique. If not then Mystique may assume his character to use Logan as a Weapon after she captured him at the end of DOFP.

I'd love to see the Weapon X version where he doesn't volunteer but is forced and hypnotised into doing missions with Team X.

I'd love to see this...

Weapon_X_Polar_Bear_HV.jpg

xmen32048tn.jpg

Though I'm not sure if they'll re-do Weapon X again. They should though imo as they can do so much better

Last edited:
I'm guessing he'll be getting his adamantium from Apocalypse, if he's not going off with Stryker in the new timeline.

Apocalypse is the one who put the adamantium back after Magneto ripped it out in the comics.

By their own words you can just forget about origins now.

I will have to watch It again but i thought when wolverine has flashback to weapon X you only see Images from X-Men and X2.

My bet remains APocalypse will get wolverine his adamanturm In Apocalypse.

The only image from origins In first vewing i could make out was shot of wolverine getting Bone claws cut off.

I would love to see that too, but i doubt they will adapt it again. But i really don't think Mystique should be the one doing that, it would just make her even colder than when she wanted to kill Trask, brainwashing somebody into doing all that violent stuff is way too dark for her new character, i don't even think old mystique would to that to a fellow mutant.

By their own words you can just forget about origins now.

I will have to watch It again but i thought when wolverine has flashback to weapon X you only see Images from X-Men and X2.

My bet remains APocalypse will get wolverine his adamanturm In Apocalypse.

The only image from origins In first vewing i could make out was shot of wolverine getting Bone claws cut off.

There were flashes of the Weapon X scene from Origins with the X1/X2 flashbacks during the Paris scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"