Days of Future Past Connecting XMO: Wolverine to DOFP - my thoughts

Stryker states explicitly, "you were always an animal, I just gave you claws".

And I always considered that line him playing with Logan's head, having the upper hand that he knows more about Logan than Logan does himself.

Wouldn't saying he was always an animalistic freak with claws be more persuasive in his mental upper hand over Logan?

Stryker states explicitly, "you were always an animal, I just gave you claws".

In X1, Xavier says that Cerebro was built by himself and Magneto.

I wouldn't lose sleep over these minor inconsistencies.

No, because in telling Logan he gave him claws, Logan would always subconsciously have Stryker to attribute any use of his claws, when in fact he had them all along. Stryker just refined and finessed them.

No, because in telling Logan he gave him claws, Logan would always subconsciously have Stryker to attribute any use of his claws, when in fact he had them all along. Stryker just refined and finessed them.
But Stryker is always trying to assert that Logan is an animal. Revealing that he always had claws would validate that theory.

But Stryker is always trying to assert that Logan is an animal. Revealing that he always had claws would validate that theory.

Bryan Singer synched up with Origins and also stated Logan has bone claws.

Stryker was speaking metaphorically.

For me the problem isn't differences in the adaption. Fact is, Origins just didn't flow with the continuity as established within the X-Men series former. FC has a few, yes. As noted Moira and Charles's age are the ones you can't defend. But a few common ones can be explained:

-Magneto could have built cerebro at the mansion off-screen with Charles and Hank. Yes, he didn't make the CIA cerebro, but who says he didn't help build the mansion one? Nothing.

Magneto has been in prison since the JFK assassination in 1963. Plus, he's too busy antagonizing the human government with his brotherhood of mutants before his arrest so there's no way in hell that Magneto would have enough time to help Charles build cerebro. He didn't even bother to help Charles at all after he accidentally tossed a bullet into Charles's spine which left him crippled in the first place.

Spider-Fan said:
-The Soviets made the helmet in FC. But, who says Magneto didn't design a new helmet later? Nothing.

Except the part where Magneto snatches his helmet from a museum which tells us he never designed a new helmet.

Spider-Fan said:
I don't care about adaptational changes, especially if they work. In FC, the changes they make work. But, Origins made poor decisions, and the entire Weapon X escape doesn't mesh with what X2 showed us. That is a problem within the film series's continuity. THAT is my larger problem with Origins (on top of it just being absolute garbage). Banshee not being Siren's dad and Havok being Scott's father instead are changes I can deal with, especially if they use that in Apocalypse and the movie is good.

If the Weapon X escape scene being different is what messes up the continuity, then by your logic, so does the Xavier/Mystique friendship. FC tells us that they've been BFFs since childhood but in the X-Men trilogy, they have no interaction whatsoever. Xavier had a fallout with another friend who shall remain nameless but he still talks to that person but with Mystique, Xavier doesn't even acknowledge that she existed. Another continuity screwup is that in X1, Xavier said that Cyclops, Storm, and Jean Grey were some of his first students but they're not featured in First Class at all. Xavier also said that his students came up with the team name of X-men but in First Class, it was Moira Mctaggert who gave the X-men their team name. Again, just because the weapon x escape scene is different from the one in X2, it doesn't mean that Origins screwed up the continuity and that movie flowed with the continuity perfectly, unlike First Class.

Yeah,that's basically my point too.FC screwed up continuity far worse than Origins,like it or not.

My apologies.
It seems like there was no blonde at the end of DOFP, but I was sure there was one... :huh:

I must rewatch the X-Mansion sequence, so strange......... sometimes mind plays strange tricks on you.

In the aftermath of ORIGINS..............

Gambit knew everything about Stryker (or not?). He was held in captivity for 2 years, indeed. So when Logan became amnesiac, Gambit could have revealed him everything about Stryker(?)... or so I think.
But no. Logan departed from Gambit.
Since in X1 he was wearing the same jacket, I guess he met Gambit later in his life and Gambit gave him back his jacket.
But what does Gambit know about Stryker anyway? What could he have revealed to Logan? Because Logan in X1 had no clue about either his past or Stryker.

My guess is that Gambit didn't really know anything deep or detailed about the people who took him in captivity.

Magneto has been in prison since the JFK assassination in 1963. Plus, he's too busy antagonizing the human government with his brotherhood of mutants before his arrest so there's no way in hell that Magneto would have enough time to help Charles build cerebro. He didn't even bother to help Charles at all after he accidentally tossed a bullet into Charles's spine which left him crippled in the first place.

Magneto, Charles and Hank must have built a new Cerebro when they were training at the mansion before going to Cuba.

I'm wondering if the satellite dish on land by the mansion (which Erik moved) had anything to do with Cerebro, as the prototype we saw them use earlier in the film was in some sort of radio transmitter/receiver installation.

Except the part where Magneto snatches his helmet from a museum which tells us he never designed a new helmet.

Well his original one wasn't metallic, so at very least he gave it a nice new cover.

Gambit knew everything about Stryker (or not?). He was held in captivity for 2 years, indeed. So when Logan became amnesiac, Gambit could have revealed him everything about Stryker(?)... or so I think.
Since in X1 he was wearing the same jacket, I guess he met Gambit later in his life and Gambit gave him back his jacket.
But what does Gambit know about Stryker anyway? What could he have revealed to Logan? Because Logan in X1 had no clue about either his past or Stryker.

My guess is that Gambit didn't really know anything deep or detailed about the people who took him in captivity.

That was probably the only thing that drove me nuts.There's one guy that appears to know something about you,and instead of going and questioning him,you're like "Naw,I'll go my own way."

I always figured Gambit dropped his coat over him from his airplane.:oldrazz:

Or, in classic X-Men fashion, Gambit and Logan don't often get along,(Two alpha males kinda thing, same reason Logan and Erik constantly clash) causing the two of them to not have a lot of chit-chat moments.

Gambit probably knows the same thing that Blob told Logan. He knew that Stryker was performing experiments on mutants and was extracting powers from each of them so he could combine those powers to create the ultimate weapon like Deadpool and Lady Deathstrike. Gambit doesn't really know Logan because he just met the guy for 1 day and with Logan's amnesia added to the mix, Gambit could care less about him.

Gambit probably knows the same thing that Blob told Logan. He knew that Stryker was performing experiments on mutants and was extracting powers from each of them so he could combine those powers to create the ultimate weapon like Deadpool and Lady Deathstrike. Gambit doesn't really know Logan because he just met the guy for 1 day and with Logan's amnesia added to the mix, Gambit could care less about him.

This.

Not only. Blob was part of Team X and he did know Stryker (he was his boss).
Gambit was just a prisoner and I highly doubt Stryker exposed himself with anyone in there, including Cyclops. Deep inside, he was afraid to be recognized by mutants, because one day they could get their revenge upon him.

By the way:

When Trask is in his lab talking about the mutant problem, young Stryker says to him, "you really hate mutants, don't you?" Trask responds, "Hate? No. I admire them."

In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, General Munroe says to Stryker, "you really hate them" regarding mutants, and Stryker responds with, "No, I don't hate them. After twenty years of working with them, I just know what they can do."

More proof XMO:W belongs to the Timeline Prime canon. :BA

I almost forgot that when Wolverine wakes up in 1973, his girlfriend called him "Jimmy". The only people who knew him by that name were his parents, his father's killer (until the killer tells Wolverine that he's his actual father), and Victor/Sabertooth. Another proof that XMO:W belongs in the timeline prime canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"