Days of Future Past Connecting XMO: Wolverine to DOFP - my thoughts

Watch the movie. The end. :word:

By the way... I'm wondering what's your problem with me... maybe you don't like Italian pizza? :woot: (LOL)
Try to be more sympathetic. Gratuitous hostility smells like "bullism" in my agenda. Just saying... :cwink:

But it was not her...

But it was not her...

Well... a blonde chick, dressed in white (if memory serves me well), who smiles at Wolverine like an old friend.

Who is she?

It could be a nice reference to both Emma Frost and Emma Silverfox. Since the former died...

Well... a blonde chick, dressed in white (if memory serves me well), who smiles at Wolverine like an old friend.

Who is she?

It could be a nice reference to both Emma Frost and Emma Silverfox. Since the former died...

It could be well, a blonde chick dressed in a common color white smiling at her history teacher, like most students do.

It could be her, but most likely isn't. Most people don't even know the Silverfox character, which means a cameo for her would be highly unlikely.

It could be well, a blonde chick dressed in a common color white smiling at her history teacher, like most students do.

It could be her, but most likely isn't. Most people don't even know the Silverfox character, which means a cameo for her would be highly unlikely.

You could be right, of course. I could be wrong. But it seemed to me a subtle hint to the fact Origins is still part of the Timeline Prime canon.
:cwink:

It wasn't 'Emma Silverfox' at all. I think it was pretty obvious Origins was already apart of it, hence the flashback of Wolverine's bone claws. Though I can definitely see why people wouldn't want it to be canon, I kind of wish the same.

I still think it isn't canon, myself. The movie doesn't mesh with what other films show us, thus I am treating it as non-canon.

I still think it isn't canon, myself. The movie doesn't mesh with what other films show us, thus I am treating it as non-canon.
There are so many inconsistencies with it that it's hard to think it is canon. But they did show a scene or two of it, so it does make you wonder.

There are so many inconsistencies with it that it's hard to think it is canon. But they did show a scene or two of it, so it does make you wonder.

I still choose to ignore it, LOL! :oldrazz:

Watch the movie. The end. :word:

By the way... I'm wondering what's your problem with me... maybe you don't like Italian pizza? :woot: (LOL)
Try to be more sympathetic. Gratuitous hostility smells like "bullism" in my agenda. Just saying... :cwink:

I saw the movie. Three times. She's not there.

No one's bullying you. They're all trying to tell you the same thing, because you're driving people crazy.

There's a reason why Kinberg regrets X3, Fox wants to do Deadpool right, Fox is recasting Gambit and why Singer chose his Weapon X treatment over Origins. Origins is gone and they retconned X3. Singer only included all films to be polite and respectful. He isn't bending his creative vision to another film that butchered what foundation he created.

Everything but First Class and the 1973 part of DoFP is gone now.

I think most of X1still exists as Rogue had her white streak. X2...not sure about yet.

I have to agree with those who are saying XMO: Wolverine isn't canon in any timeline. It just doesn't mesh with the rest...at all.

I don't see all these "inconsistencies". :doh:
Origins is a very entertaining movie, despite its flaws. People should enjoy life more I think.

Origins is a very entertaining movie, despite its flaws. People should enjoy life more I think.

Why did Sabretooth not recognize Wolverine in X1? We see in Origins that not only did they know each other, they were brothers. In X1, Sabretooth acted like he didn't know Wolverine.

You don't see inconsistencies because you go through hoops to link everything up no matter how improbable and impractical.

You don't see inconsistencies because you go through hoops to link everything up no matter how improbable and impractical.

So you're in the camp that would prefer to believe they are just poorly constructed films?

No, I think everything fits. Post-1991 X-Men comic books are way MORE messy and incoherent.
My "fixes" are generally and universally regarded as plausible in a comic book-ish cinematic world like that.
The X-Men movies were made in a Pre-Avengers era where continuity flaws were "normal".

So you're in the camp that would prefer to believe they are just poorly constructed films?

I'm in the camp that recognizes that the film makers took too many creative liberties without thinking of the effects it would have later down the line for the continuity. "Oh yeah we'll throw an Xavier cameo in here, also every other mutant we can think of. It makes total sense and the fans will love it!".

Origins is a poor constructed film. It just is. Everything went utterly downhill after other directors and writing teams took over Singer's set timeline in X1 and X2. They added this, and that and in the end it backfired and created a huge convoluted mess of plot holes. Some can be linked and fixed, but there are some that people push to too unbelievable lengths.

I don't get how Origins was so diametrically opposed to Singer's Weapon X flashbacks.Basically,it's the same thing except:

Obviously,Brian Cox wasn't involved in Origins.

They weren't sharing champagne.(which was a touch I always loved)

And a machine injected the adamantium instead of guys in hazmet suits.

Oh,and Logan wasn't covered in blood (which has more to do with them wanting to keep the PG-13 rating than anything.)

I don't want my life to be filled with crappy movies.

I don't get how Origins was so diametrically opposed to Singer's Weapon X flashbacks.Basically,it's the same thing except:

Obviously,Brian Cox wasn't involved in Origins.

They weren't sharing champagne.(which was a touch I always loved)

And a machine injected the adamantium instead of guys in hazmet suits.

Oh,and Logan wasn't covered in blood (which has more to do with them wanting to keep the PG-13 rating than anything.)

The design of the Weapon X facility is completely different.

The lighting is very different.

How Wolverine reacts to seeing his claws for the first time is completely different.

In X2, he's stumbling down the hall covered in blood and escapes out a door into an open field whereas in Origins he runs out the facility with no blood and leaps off of a waterfall.

In X2, it's made clear that he loses his memories DURING the procedure, hence why he's so shocked/horrified by his claws initially. In Origins, he doesn't lose his memories until much later with the astoundingly stupid Adamantium bullet idea.

Seriously, you'd have thought that the people who made Origins would have at least tried to make things line up at least a little bit, but they didn't.

Origins IS a poorly constructed film.

-The plot is all over the place and they try to cram way too much into one movie.
-They gloss over the interesting stuff (Wolverines years of war, the strike team, etc) to focus on stuff that's either dull (his poorly developed romance with Silverfox) or just dumb (the conspiracy).
-There are massive continuity issues with the previous films.
-They throw in a bunch of mutants that serve no real role beyond fanservice and none of them get proper development.
-Wolverine is made to look like an idiot for falling for such an obvious trapped.
-Stryker's plan makes no sense once you learn what it actually is.
-etc.

It was just a poorly-done and sloppily-written film. Hence why it was a failure with both critics and audiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"