Popular characters you don't like so much (or hate)

Emma Frost because she only exists to be eye candy and a poor man's Jean Grey replacement for Cyclops.

Joker. He's responsible for every major tragedy the Bat-Family has faced. Everytime he shows up in a comic, he arbitrarily murders dozens of innocent people. To the point where Batman looks like a moron for not putting him to some kind of permanent end.

Barry Allen. He's boring and he's a murderer WORSE than when Hal was possessed by Parallax. At least Hal can say his choices were influenced, Barry destroyed billions of lives because of his own selfish needs. Bringing him back from the dead ruined the best thing about him: the way he died. Barry had quite honestly, to me at least, the single best death in super hero comics EVER. Truly noble, completely selfless...PERFECT.

And they ruin it by reviving him and having Barry decide that the life of his mother meant more than everything else in the universe.

Never mind that Wally and Jay are just better characters than Barry. Barry is a monster and has yet to, and never will, pay for his crimes against existence.

Then there's the bonus that the only way to make Barry interesting in other media is to give him Wally's characteristics. Just a boring bland, yet totally morally corrupt, character.

Last edited:
Yes, Barry and Hal should've stayed dead honestly.
Barry didn't bother me as much, but they had a great thing going with Hal as The Spectre, and just couldn't leave it at that.

Speaking of Hal, he's probab the only character I would come close to actually hating, if only because he constantly gets in the way of the superior Lanterns.

Marrow.

Wolverine and the X-Men made me dislike this character because she had an annoying voice, put a lot of people in danger and was befriending a sentinel robot.

I don't hate characters, they can be annoying, but with history like theirs -long and rich- they can come of as *****ey (applies to good characters) or annoying at certain points.

Joker & Harley.
They are funny as a duo, Batman kicking the socks out of them is funny.
But yeah, leaving them alive after all the murders they did, especially after all the damage Joker does to Gotham and Batman's loved ones is just stupid from Batman's end.
I understand how in comics they need to leave a character live on, cause.. comics, but I wish Joker really dies in other media, like his death in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, or in the first Burton Batman film.

Red Tornado (John Smith)
I don't hate him as a whole, but much like Vision, I hate the concept of a robot having a soul, and hate it more when the robot feels love for a human, and the human loves back.

Wonder Woman
I like this character, I really do, she's a good valuable member to the Justice League and the DCU mythos as a whole, but I don't like the Norse mythology bits.

It's not Norse Mythology though it's Greek Mythology. The Mighty Thor is Norse Mythology.

Oops.
Must be because I have Thor on my mind lately.
I don't care for Greek or Norse.

Joker. He's responsible for every major tragedy the Bat-Family has faced. Everytime he shows up in a comic, he arbitrarily murders dozens of innocent people. To the point where Batman looks like a moron for not putting him to some kind of permanent end.

aw man, not even including the Killing Joke with the cool backstory?

I have to add Damian Wayne. I generally hate clones and home-grown people (except the Scarlet Spider). The idea off Batman giving in to his urges,...well, to Talia at least doesn't ring true.

I'll probably see The Suicide Squad, but whoever plays Harley better not mimic that friggin' annoying voice from the Arkham games.

I really liked Queen Hippolyta in the beginning, but the New 52 turned her into a homewrecking ****e sleeping with Zeus.

It's way out of character, who a queen who dislikes all men.

As much as I loved Azz's Wonder Woman his take on the Amazons did indeed leave a lot to be desired. The one flaw in an otherwise impeccable run but not jarring enough for me to take away from it's strengths either.

I'm a Batman fan, but the favoritism he gets does get kind of annoying. Especially when it comes at the cost of Superman or Flash (they dumb those two down).

I feel the same way. He started out my favorite superhero too, but I despise the way he's come to symbolize the haterdom of Superman, being held up as the antithesis to all of Superman's flaws.

I'm a Batman fan, but the favoritism he gets does get kind of annoying. Especially when it comes at the cost of Superman or Flash (they dumb those two down).
And Green Lantern

I feel the same way. He started out my favorite superhero too, but I despise the way he's come to symbolize the haterdom of Superman, being held up as the antithesis to all of Superman's flaws.
I still love Batman, but will never like the "Batman is everything and can beat everything and everyone" chaotic thought.

Yes, Barry and Hal should've stayed dead honestly.

Especially Barry . Sacrificed himself to save the whole multiverse( how much better can someone go out?) and had a very viable successor who I actually found more interesting.

As for Hal. more of the John Stewart fan myself.

Yeah I'd rank Rayner, Stewart and Gardner above Jordan. He served as a stern reminder for all heroes to remain strong in the face of tragedy.

Green Arrow. I want to like him so much, but he pisses me off

Last edited:
Terry McGinnis.
Well its not specificly him, its the whole batman beyond universe i despise as hell.
I hate it, i hate that it is so famous and liked...i hate everything about it.
To me there is only one possible Batman...Bruce Wayne.
I maybe can get behind Damian as Batman, but the whole Batman Beyond universe is bad, i dont like it.

Terry McGinnis.
Well its not specificly him, its the whole batman beyond universe i despise as hell.
I hate it, i hate that it is so famous and liked...i hate everything about it.
To me there is only one possible Batman...Bruce Wayne.
I maybe can get behind Damian as Batman, but the whole Batman Beyond universe is bad, i dont like it.

I take it you didn’t like Morrison’s run with Dick as Batman? Or The Black Mirror? Or Gates of Gotham?

I take it you didn’t like Morrison’s run with Dick as Batman? Or The Black Mirror? Or Gates of Gotham?

Oh i could, i saw them as temporary things and did enjoy the different way it tackled batman...but i wouldnt say its my favorite thing.

The Problem batman beyond adds is the futuristic setting...for some reason it really annoys the hell out of me with batman beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"