• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Possible Bryan Singer X-Men movie remakes?

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
My theory is that Singer teased Wolverine's background in X-2 and had great ideas for X-Men 3 before he left the project (proper Phoenix, The White Queen & Hellfire Club) so what I'm thinking is he said "Fu** Origins and The Last Stand!" so he could do re-tell them with his stories later down the road. Thoughts?

With the Hellfire Club gone, and the White Queen dead (?), I'm not sure Singer has plans on revisiting his X-Men 3 storyline. I am curious to see how he handles a young Jean Grey, though.

I don't know. But maybe he could carry some of the elements that he wanted to use in X-Men.

I think if all goes well, after Apocalypse, we could have a proper Phoenix film. Fortunately, this is one implication of the course correct from X-men: Days of Future Past that could lead to a Phoenix cinematic redemption. Whether it will happen or not is completely up in the air. For now, I'm just glad the potential exists.

I doubt the Origins story will ever be told again though.

Hmmm a proper Phoenix film could be great if done right. But of course, they should include new things to make it more fresh, maybe include Shi'ar empire?

a proper Phoenix saga would be great, obviously, but Id say lets wait and see how good young Jean is to then decide that. same with young Cyclops.

If they are awesome, Id say yes, but if not so much, Id preffer another story

Last edited:
After Apocalypse, i hope they start thinking about another take on Dark Phoenix Saga, that and Magneto starting to form his oun mutant nation.

i think its fair to say Singer won't contradict X3 since he has already acknowledged it in DOFP and even though its wiped from the timeline doesn't mean it will change the idea that X3 has set for her character

and i am pretty certain that singer doesn't wanna repeat ideas already done so if he wants to do his phoenix idea it will be in Apocalypse and then it will probably be only a small but impactful part of the story rather then a full on film all about her

i can see it being a mixture of what he set for X2 and what they did with X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"