Possible great idea for Marvel movie

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Peyton Westlake, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Spidey 2007 Renegade

If it were possible,

ABSOLUTLEY, ive always had this idea too about a punisher/ DD cross over, Kingpin is a very universal villian and both worlds would definatly co-exist..

Punisher coming hot from Florida to New york, having a run-in with the kingpin would be awesome... and throw some DD in there.

Both movies were superb, both styles would work together perfectly... havea director who can put one and one together to make his own.

2. CAH Registered

Wow Peyton Westlake, that idea sounds PRETTY DAMN COOL.

I would definately watch a Punisher/DD movie...

CAH

3. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

Glad i'm not in the minority.

4. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

Thanx a lot bro'

5. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

Since Marvel had embraced the crossover idea......what do you think of this?

6. Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

I like the idea... I really think that DD needs a reboot. He is s great character, but I felt that the movie was... well, my mom says if I have nothing nice to say, I shouldn't say anything.

So, a good way to open the film is that Matt Murdock is trying the case against Kingpin, after DD defeated him from the first film. He gets put away, but only for a outrageously short period of time (pissing off Murdock and separately cueing in Punisher that he has to keep an eye on this). Kingpin makes some contacts on the inside, and then is released in short order... ready to take back control. Some crime wars open up (introduce Tombstone, Task Master and some of the other marvel crime syndicates)... Punisher and DD would be inevitably drawn into the fray and clash... then team-up.

7. SupaFresh208 Registered

Of course this would work everyone knows Marvel Universe is known for crossovers so why not. The Kingpin has been apart of many of top Marvel superhero storylines so naturally this will work. Since DareDeveil came out in 2003 I can only imagine they had a 10 year contract or lets say 5. If it was in fact 5 then Marvel can buy the rights back like they did with the Hulk. I'd like to see Spidey, Punisher, & DD in one film but the Spidey aspect won't happen due to the ongoing sequels by Sony...sighs

8. FaT_tONle Registered

I think DD can benefit by leeching off other characters. First of all we have to see how War Zone turns out... if it's a bust then Lion's gate will ditch the property... meaning we'll only see Punisher again by 2013 in a Marvel studio film. I don't think Marvel will revisit either Punisher or Daredevil by 2013 either considering they'll probably make movies of new characters or continue their established ones with sequels. Punisher and Daredevil can also be good leechers off a guy like Spidey. But perhaps Punisher is too dark a character for SPiderman. If Lionsgate has a hit with Punisher: WZ then they should absolutely pursue crossover potential with the other characters. But at the same time... if WZ is a monster hit then there would be no need to. I don't think Lionsgate will pay for another character even if its a guy like Dare Devil. But it could definitely work IMO.

9. Katsuro Registered

Anyone know when Fox looses control over the DareDevil franchise? How long ago was Elektra?

10. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

Glad you agree. And your idea of how to start, is a good one too.

11. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

I agree with pretty much what you say 100% on how the films go.