Iron Man 3
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America: The First Avenger

Boom.

That's the second person on this page to put The First Avenger last?

Why the hate?

People just have different tastes but it's all good.

The Avengers
TWS
TFA
Iron Man 3
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk

I watched First Avenger last week, I still like the movie a lot. Red Skull was awesome, they build up Steve's character perfectly, and there is some good action scenes. The finale of the film was the MCU's best up to that point.

Now with The Winter Soldier backing it up they really make a good pair. Avengers in between them is the icing on the cake. I like how Steve goes back to his TFA costume at the end of TWS. They could've used the Avengers suit but they brought it back to the first film, smart decision, and the suit still looks good!

1) The Avengers
2) Iron Man
3) TWS
4) Thor
5) TIH
6) IM 3
7) IM 2
8) TDW
9) TFA

1) CA: The Winter Soldier
2) CA: The First Avenger
3) Iron Man
4) The Avengers
5) Iron Man 2
6) Thor
7) TIH

Still haven't seen Thor 2 or Iron man 3. No desire either.

1) TWS
2) The Avengers
3) Iron Man
4) CA:TFA
5) Thor
6) IM3
7) TDW
8) TIH
9) IM2

The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 3

I watched First Avenger last week, I still like the movie a lot. Red Skull was awesome, they build up Steve's character perfectly, and there is some good action scenes. The finale of the film was the MCU's best up to that point.

Now with The Winter Soldier backing it up they really make a good pair. Avengers in between them is the icing on the cake. I like how Steve goes back to his TFA costume at the end of TWS. They could've used the Avengers suit but they brought it back to the first film, smart decision, and the suit still looks good!

Cap went back to his old WWII suit because he wanted Bucky to remember him, even though Sam (Falcon) advised not trying to save him, just "stop him", he was not giving up on his friend, that was not an option to Cap.

After TWS, I re-watched CA:TFA and I noticed the little details in the friendship between Bucky/Steve, and also how they put in there details of showing that during WWII when Cap and Bucky were on the field fighting, Bucky was the one covering his back from afar with a rifle, there is a seen he shoots a soldier from afar with incredible skill, which is the skill TWS uses during all the years doing assassinations. The details planted in TFA for Avengers and then TWS, is really well done, the Cap movies are the best built films plot wise for the sequels, though they both are so different one from the other.

This is just my POV, but back to the point... my list:

1) CA: TWS: 10/10 (Cap is my favorite, as it is played by Evans, the character is really great and interesting; there is also great character development, the villain/s are menacing and the political back is well done: The movie is grounded, as it is it could work as a Superhero film or a political/action/thriller)

2)Avengers: 9.5/10 (I enjoy it a lot, I wouldn´t put it as the best superhero/es film, but it is a great film, the epicness of having so many characters and that their dynamic work so well and it doesn´t look dull, is great)

3) IM I / CA: TFA: 9/10 (IM is the first of this bunch, the one that broke the mold and set the tone for all the other flms, kind of lead the way into which Marvel studio could do things. And it is in tie with TFA, for the reasons I said before)

4) IM III : 8/10 (it was just fun)

5) Thor I / Thor:TDW : 7.5/10 (they are fun and I like all the characters, I just think that Marvel should just be more careful with them and not make so fan service with them, the first worked better than the second, but TDW cut character development and the villains development, to put more Loki in there, which I love, the character is fun, but the improve to put more of him in there was too obvious)

6) IM II: 6.5/10 (it was fun but it was all over the place)

As of right now, this is how i rank them:
1) The Avengers
2) Iron Man
3) Captain America: TWS
4) Thor
5) Thor: TDW
6) Captain America: The First Avenger
7) Iron Man 3
8) Iron Man 2
9) The Incredible Hulk

Rankings from a non CB Guy:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (9/10)
2. The Avengers (8.5/10)
3. Iron Man (8/10)
4. Thor (8/10)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (8/10)
6. Iron Man 2 (7.5/10)
7. Iron Man 3 (7/10)
8. Thor: The Dark World (7/10)
9. The Incredible Hulk (6.5/10)

Except for the kid, Iron Man 3 wasn't bad. I also didn't like the fact that IM 3 meant that Rebecca Hall was one and done in the MCU. Take the kid away and make Rebecca's character survive and I would have given IM 3 a higher ranking. In regards to Thor: TDW, except for most of the Earth scenes, it wasn't a bad movie. Get rid of Darcy and her assistant and I would have given the film a higher ranking. I understand why the latter two films before The Winter Soldier people here didn't like (especially the Mandarin twist), but I wasn't upset with that twist, even as an Asian American. I enjoyed Iron Man 2. TIH was the only one I gave a failing grade to because I thought the Ang Lee version was better.

But I'm a non CB guy, so I am waiting for comments from some here calling me an idiot and I don't know nothing (which I don't and that is true, but there's a thing called the internet. It's how I research the characters that will be featured in CBM's from Marvel and DC).

maybe i'm misunderstanding the original post question, but i am surprised that reading through all the threads, there is practically no mention of Spiderman or Blade as Marvels' top films. (basically seems to be IM, Thor,Avg and Capt.)

i made a top list in a previous thread and still claim these following as the top Marvel films i've seen thus far:

1. X2: X-Men United
2. X-Men:First Class
3. The Avengers
4: Spider-Man
5. Capt. America Winter Soldier
6. Iron Man 3
7: Xmen
8. Incredible Hulk
9. Iron Man
10: Blade 2

maybe i'm misunderstanding the original post question, but i am surprised that reading through all the threads, there is practically no mention of Spiderman or Blade as Marvels' top films. (basically seems to be IM, Thor,Avg and Capt.)

i made a top list in a previous thread and still claim these following as the top Marvel films i've seen thus far:

1. X2: X-Men United
2. X-Men:First Class
3. The Avengers
4: Spider-Man
5. Capt. America Winter Soldier
6. Iron Man 3
7: Xmen
8. Incredible Hulk
9. Iron Man
10: Blade 2

Post-Captain America: The Winter Soldier Marvel Studios films ranking thread

Post-Captain America: The Winter Soldier Marvel Studios films ranking thread

This. The question asked us to rank the films that are made by Marvel Studios...in other words, those that are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man 1-3, Thor, Thor The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers). The question does not pertain to films using Marvel characters, but made by other studios, such as Fox (the X-Men series, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Daredevil), Sony (Spider-Man 1-3, The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance), and New Line (the Blade series).

My ranking:
1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man
4. Thor
5. Iron Man 3
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Thor: The Dark World
8. Iron Man 2
9. The Incredible Hulk

9) Iron Man 3
8) Iron Man 2
7) Thor The Dark World
6) The Incredible Hulk
5) Thor
4) Captain America The First Avenger
3) Iron Man
2) Captain America The Winter Soldier
1) The Avengers

Adjusting for GOTG, and the passage of time:

10) Iron Man 3
9) Thor The Dark World
8) Guardians Of The Galaxy
7) Iron Man 2
6) The Incredible Hulk
5) Thor
4) Captain America The First Avenger
3) Iron Man
2) Captain America The Winter Soldier
1) The Avengers

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
10. Thor: The Dark World

Updated list.

Great:
1) Cap 2
2) Avengers
3) Iron Man

Good:
1) Guardians
2) Iron Man 3
3) Incredible Hulk

Ok:
1) Cap 1
2) Iron Man 2
3) Thor
4) Thor 2

1. Avengers
2. Winter Soldier
3. Guardians
4. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. First Avenger
7. Dark World
8. Iron Man 3
9. Iron Man 2
10. Incredible Hulk

The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

Haven't seen Guardians, not really all that interested in it. I'll watch it at some point though. Not even Robert Downey Jr. could save Iron Man 3 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"