Post-Aquaman...Rank the DCEU

1. Wonder Woman: Overall, its easily the best film. Its also proof that WB really didn't have to mess up Superman as bad as they have. The third act is pretty underwhelming. 7.5/10

2. Aquaman: Pretty much number 2 by default. Its ok, but it could've been better. 6.5/10

3. Man of Steel: Pretty much number 3 by default. Very beautiful looking film, but otherwise underwhelming and potentially infuriating in places. 5.5/10

4. Justice League: Is number 4 because its inoffensively bad instead of offensively bad. 5/10

5. Suicide Squad: Margot Robbie and Will Smith are pretty solid in this...thats pretty much the only good thing I can say about this. 4.5/10

6. Batman V Superman: What a dreary slog of a movie. And that goes for the Ultimate Cut as well. 4/10

:applaud While I prefer MOS to Aquaman, your reviews are great, you summed up each film much better than I did !

I recent;y added rewatch factor into my ratings. For example if an action/comedy movie is fine but I will never watch it again I'm not gonna rate is as high as something I will probably rewatch 5+ plus lol So Ant Man is a decent film but Aquaman is so much better for me because I cannot wait see it again.

I had to modify because often times something that ended up as one of my fav/most rewatchable movies from a certain year had lower rating in my chart than something I liked but won't see again

Aquaman had one of the best final battles of any superhero movie ever.

Agreed, sometimes I find it’s just noise in the final battles of superhero movie so such as Age of Ultron but I was hooked for every second of Aquaman’s final battle.

Agreed, sometimes I find it’s just noise in the final battles of superhero movie so such as Age of Ultron but I was hooked for every second of Aquaman’s final battle.
Wonder Woman also had one of the weaker final battles TBH. The Ares reveal was a bit of a letdown. I think we’re in for something special with Cheetah though

1. Man of Steel -- I still think it's the most epic and dynamic movie of the bunch. The action is, IMO, incredible and there are some phenomenal moments. Love the score. It's definitely flawed and I wish there were things I could tweak but I think it's really good.

2. Aquaman -- I loved it, and I think it's possible on repeat viewings it might be number one. An absolute visual feast with an epic story -- it's a bit cheesy and campy sure, but it goes all in and embraces it's cliches. A lot of fun.

3. Wonder Woman -- If I were trying to be objective I think this might be the best. It has the most effective and efficient story, the most charismatic leads with the best chemistry and some very cool moments. But there's something about it that just doesn't reach that epic, dynamic feel I think MoS and Aquaman have. The action and scale just isn't there.

4. Batman v Superman -- It's interesting and ambitious and there are moments about it I genuinely love... But it's also a disjointed, joyless slog. I still have it above JL if only because they were going for something grand and even if they fell short I respect what they wanted to do. I love the visuals and will always worship the Batman warehouse rescue.

5. Justice League -- It's obviously a mess of a movie and the poster-child for studio interference/reshoots but it's funny and has it's moments. It is what I'd describe as "painfully mediocre" though in a way no Justice League movie should ever be. I'll take the movie that goes for something grand and fails vs. the movie that panders to mediocrity.

6. Suicide Squad -- I like the first act. It has some funny moments. Margot is incredible. But overall it's easily the weakest to me. Just a bad story that doesn't really work.

Batman v Superman > Man of Steel > Aquaman > Wonder Woman > Suicide Squad

I'm still waiting for the REAL Justice League to be released, so I can rank it.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Aquaman
3. Man of Steel
4. Justice League
5. Batman v. Superman
6. Suicide Squad

1. WW ---------------2. AQM................................yeah that's it.

Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Suicide Squad
Justice League
Batman v Superman

Aquaman
BVS
Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Justice League
Suicide Squad

1) Man of Steel
2) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
3) Aquaman
4) Suicide Squad
5) Wonder Woman
6) Justice League

1. Wonder Woman
2. Aquaman
3. Man of Steel

HUGE DROPOFF

4. Justice League
5. Batman v. Superman
6. Suicide Squad

1. Aquaman 6/10
2. Suicide Squad 5/10
3. Man of Steel 5/10
4. Wonder Woman 5/10
5. Justice League 4/10
6. Batman Verses Superman Colon Dawn of Justice 2/10

As a DC fan I have to say...

tumblr_oz8vcnfPzV1qfcx4to3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oz8vcnfPzV1qfcx4to1_r1_540.gif

Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Man of Steel
JL
BVS
Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Man of Steel
Justice League
Batman v Superman
Suicide Squad.

Wonder Woman is the best of course, Aquaman was very entertaining but not perfect. The rest are pretty meh to outright terrible.

I have to agree with "everything is garbage".

Wonder Woman - 6/10
Man of Steel - 6/10
Batman v Superman - 5/10
Suicide Squad - 5/10
Aquaman - 5/10
Justice League - 3/10

1) Man of Steel
2) Batman v Superman : Extended Edition
3) Aquaman
4) Wonder Woman
5) Justice League
6) Suicide Squad

To be fair though, I love every entry in the DCEU, there hasn't been one 'bad' film for me. Loved them all.

1) Man of Steel
3) Aquaman
4) Wonder Woman
5) Justice League
6) Suicide Squad

To be fair though, I love every entry in the DCEU, there hasn't been one 'bad' film for me. Loved them all.

I’m the same mate, I love them all for different/varying reasons.

All it's 'action' beats for me were just epic, some of the best in the genre and the Sicily Confrontation from both edit, structure and shot composition was just glorious.
Yeah, continuous top quality action throughout. The Sicily scene was great with gorgeous visuals.

1) Man of Steel
3) Aquaman
4) Wonder Woman
5) Justice League
6) Suicide Squad

I’m the same mate, I love them all for different/varying reasons.

nice!, its fresh to see someone else who loved every DCEU film like me :D instead of all the "all garbage" comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"