Post Flashpoint & Snyderverse

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Flash section, the Justice League section, or here, and as this is more generic, here seemed like the most suitable place, and so here we have it.

We know there's a Flashpoint film in the works (eventually) that'll portray two Batman (Affleck & Keaton) and introduce Supergirl. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a scene or two involving Cyborg either, but I don't think that's confirmed. One thing, well, two things we do know (or can at the very least assume) is that firstly, this wont be the Flashpoint of the comics, and secondly, the DCEU (or what we think of it) will be very different at the end of Flashpoint, because there's no way Flashpoint is going to wrap with everything as the same. Pretty sure nothing will follow Snyder's cut either, that's just going to hit a wall, regardless of how good or bad it is.

I know we all (okay, most of us) want a Man of Steel sequel, but Flashpoint is, as mentioned above, introducing Supergirl - and two Batmen. Could we be seeing the start of an entirely new Justice League at the end of this? One where Supergirl has replaced Superman, where there's no Batman (or if there is, he's just Bruce Wayne financing everything - Keaton) and where the roster is changed? Maybe one where they include Shazam even?

Pretty sure Jason (Mamoa) would be happy to reprise his role as Aquaman, not sure on Gal though, but they could always recast Wonder Woman or throw in a different Wonder Woman (there are others to choose from).

If (and that's a big if) DC/WB get this right, then they could ... potentially get ahead of the Young Avengers Initiative that the MCU are undoubtedly working toward. I'm just curious mostly whether people would accept a DCEU without an active Batman and/or Superman. Would kinda' feel more like a Teen Titans theme, rather than Justice League, at least as far as the ensemble features go. I'm sure there will still be an abundance of solo films.

If AT&T/WB/DC has a plan, this seems like the way to go. One of my problems with the noise surrounding ZS's JL is that it may make it difficult for the studio to move onto the next JL film. There will be a loud segment of the fanbase that will reject any film that doesn't follow Zaddy's plan. But the franchise has unlimited BO and streaming potential, and Flashpoint could potentially set up "The Justice League" a loosely connected sequel in the spirit of James Gunn's "The Suicide Squad"

A core group of Flash, Supergirl, Batman (Beyond version) and two or three other youngish heroes (Blue Beetle? Plastic Gal? A member of the Shazam family?) could be a strong counterpart to the Young Avengers team Feige and company are assembling in film and online.

Last edited:
I don't see Flashpoint setting up a new/younger JL. It certainly won't have anymore of Snyders influence.

WB is also in a bit of a bind. The problem with BvS & JL was that there was a month between the release and filming. Now even if the Snyder Cut is a success, you are talking at least 3 years before filming. Theatrically that's how a lot of movies sequels are but for success in the genre and for that success to spill into other titles, I think you can't just rely on people hanging around and loose continuity between the other licenses.

I still feel that's how the MCU got people invested was that Tony, Thor and Cap appeared at minimum every other year and sometimes every year between 2008-2019.

So if the Snyder Cut is a hit, you have to wait 3-4 years for a JL2 or even a Batfleck movie/series? I think these sandbox films is why the DCEU are up and down. Aquaman did well but Shazam and BOP did not. I think interconnectivity helps but I don't necessarily trust anyone currently at WB to supervise that. And I won't even get into the cost aspect.

Pretty sure Jason (Mamoa) would be happy to reprise his role as Aquaman, not sure on Gal though, but they could always recast Wonder Woman or throw in a different Wonder Woman (there are others to choose from).

I'm sure people are going to disagree with me on this, but if Gal isn't interested in reprising her role what is even the point in sticking with this continuity? The Zack Snyder universe has it's share of issues, and if we are talking about replacing the actors for both Batman and Wonder Woman, and Superman is up in the air, wouldn't it make more sense to just start over?

Lot of assumptions here.

And ones which have been bandied about for years that keep being the "common knowledge " but events turn out never to quite be what many online assumed.

Will Flashpoint be In Name Only with some touches from the comics? Sure. Like a lot of CBMs that's something I'll believe.

But I have high doubts it will "change everything in the DCEU" (suspiciously ALWAYS in the ways people disappointed with the D.C. adaptations want it to be changed, curiously...) and that will include the "wish" to retcon all things launched since 2013.

I'm sure people are going to disagree with me on this, but if Gal isn't interested in reprising her role what is even the point in sticking with this continuity? The Zack Snyder universe has it's share of issues, and if we are talking about replacing the actors for both Batman and Wonder Woman, and Superman is up in the air, wouldn't it make more sense to just start over?

Gadot said that she's looking for some sort of closure for WW in the third movie. Will she come back for a JL sequel/reboot? I'm sure if the money is good, why not.

Honestly I don't even think they should do Flashpoint. I have said this many times end everything with Snyder's Justice League (be ii good or bad) and reboot everything on HBO Max giving all their heroes their own series. For me I would reboot Superman as the first of the superheroes to appear (using Calvin Ellis minus the President thing) and the only thing I would use from Snyder is that Batman was around 15-20 years before Superman. That way they could have a Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Titians,, etc series for him as well as give folks an origin series for him as well. Then I would just use the Justice League for movies and team-ups and that would be it. But that's how I think they should move forward.

I've always said the use of Batman is just difficult because how many appearances across how many titles can you actually have. You want to see him with Nightwing, Robin & Batgirl, not to mention his own series.

I'm dreading Flashpoint for the fact they may just scrap everyone existing when all I really want is Snyder to continue and carry on from his JL cut and we have his 'vision' and we go along those lines. Affleck as Batman, Cavill as Superman et al.

It's the "less sexy" option, but depending on how Black Adam does maybe ride the Justice Society of America for a bit.

The Snyderverse actors are either done or in the tail-end of their contracts. Best move for the Justice League is to reboot the entire thing with a whole new cast. But then you've got the issue of having two cinematic Batman interpretations running concurrently since Reeves' Batman is just starting up (and I sincerely doubt he and Pattinson play ball in a shared universe).

It's not a clean situation and they'll either have to get very creative or they'll just need to table the franchise until all these existing solo properties run their course.

Last edited:
I never mind when they do time travel stories or Crisis stories that set a new status quo because everything that happened before still happened that led to that point. It doesn’t actually wipe anything away.

I've always said the use of Batman is just difficult because how many appearances across how many titles can you actually have. You want to see him with Nightwing, Robin & Batgirl, not to mention his own series.
Which is why I say go the Snyder route for a Batman reboot/show where one series deals with his early years, first fight with the Joker, bringing on Dick and Babs, meeting Ras, etc. Then a second series running parallel dealing with the age of superheroes, Robin's death, the killing joke, Dick as Nightwing, Damian and so forth. That way you can also do a Nightwing series or Birds of Prey, etc.

The Snyder Cut at the moment is getting good critical / fan reception. Now time to see how the general audience reacts these next few weeks.

I enjoyed ZSJL, but the die hard Snyder fans are already demanding their Affleck solo films, Cyborg in The Flash, restoration of THEIR universe.

Obviously t's not as simple as that - certain actors have pretty much burned their bidges with DC/WB for starters, and some don't want to return.

A big complaint with the DCEU since early on is that there has been no clear plan, and things have changed so much. We're already getting a Batman in another new universe (a movie which looks gorgeous so far btw)

I'm hoping the success of Snyder's cut doesn't change things too much. Perhaps selfishly the one thing piquing my interest for the Flash is the pending return of Mr Keaton, so I hope his return isn't jeopardised. There's rumours that JJ Abrams' Superman is Val-Zod which will be very interestingbut, yes, Cavill is wonderful and deserves another shot.

Especially without a CGI top lip!

I enjoyed ZSJL, but the die hard Snyder fans are already demanding their Affleck solo films, Cyborg in The Flash, restoration of THEIR universe.

Obviously t's not as simple as that - certain actors have pretty much burned their bidges with DC/WB for starters, and some don't want to return.

A big complaint with the DCEU since early on is that there has been no clear plan, and things have changed so much. We're already getting a Batman in another new universe (a movie which looks gorgeous so far btw)

I'm hoping the success of Snyder's cut doesn't change things too much. Perhaps selfishly the one thing piquing my interest for the Flash is the pending return of Mr Keaton, so I hope his return isn't jeopardised. There's rumours that JJ Abrams' Superman is Val-Zod which will be very interestingbut, yes, Cavill is wonderful and deserves another shot.

Especially without a CGI top lip!
Not Val but Calvin. I think you should use Val-Zod if you continue with Snyder's Knightmare timeline. That's where he'll best fit in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"