Power Cuts (and other anomalies)

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Characters suck as Thor and Hulk will always be known as power houses, though there's a good number of MCU characters that have been nerved. Was reading up on some characters earlier, and the likes of Drax (apparently) should be tougher than Hulk; obviously not something that applies in the MCU.

In the comics, Tasha (Black Widow) is some sort of enhanced super soldier (not quite to the levels of Rogers or Barnes mind). Falcon can (in the comics) communicate with birds; something that doesn't seem too farfetched when you consider that MCU Ant Man can influence Ants. In any case, that's been left out of the MCU.

Quicksilver should have easily been able to outrun bullets too, right? Regardless of whether he was just going for a push.

Which other characters have taken a hit from comic book counterpart to MCU, and which characters have actually benefitted from the big screen?

I think the Falcon one was more of just a believability issue. Some stuff from the comics just doesn't work as well on the big screen in my opinion.

Plus Red Wing can be moderately useful in combat against most foes while an actual Falcon would break every bone in its body bouncing off Iron Man's suit lol.

Malekith & Korath are two who I think im right in saying are stronger in the comics.

Most of the live-action cb characters have been nerfed DCEU and MCU alike...

I think the Falcon one was more of just a believability issue. Some stuff from the comics just doesn't work as well on the big screen in my opinion.

Plus Red Wing can be moderately useful in combat against most foes while an actual Falcon would break every bone in its body bouncing off Iron Man's suit lol.

Malekith & Korath are two who I think im right in saying are stronger in the comics.

Great point about Redwing's usefulness.

Also, it's a matter of the story they built around the characters. Ant-Man has a suit from a guy that's smart enough to make a suit that shrinks and do all the Pym Particle stuff, the idea that he can make some tech or sonar that affects the super-limited hive mind of ants is a lot more believable than being told that a military project about the usefulness of soldiers with jetpacks would also develop tech for exclusively-bird telepathy.

Quicksilver worked for story reasons. Super speed is one of those powers where you have to constantly ignore how often they could immediately end the entire conflict of the movie - if Quicksilver was as fast as he is in the Fox movies (ie evacuating an entire school in the quarter second it takes for an explosion to happen, the whole kitchen scene) than anything short of a Thanos-level threat. It's a big problem with the Flash show (and I've watched it and enjoyed it, not trying to trash the Flash overall) - there's times where he can do a task that would normally take ten minutes in the time it takes someone to blink, and there's other times where someone without super speed just punches him or throws something at him and he gets hit.

I actually really liked his power level in Age of Ultron - fast enough to be a legitimate asset, fast enough to be a legitimate fight for any hero, but not so fast that he could just solve the conflict of the movie in two seconds and go home. I just wish they hadn't killed him off immediately.

As far as wishing for a higher power level on someone, I will say that I feel like Drax could be way better portrayed. Like does Drax even have above-human strength in the MCU? 99% of his displays of attacks are him slashing with knives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"