MCU Fight: Valkyrie Vs Ronan (No Power Stone)

Thör-El;36939673 said:
A fair fight could probably go either way. The "did Odin ever fear you?" line and Loki resorting to the casket of ancient winters implies he thinks Heimdall has a chance of beating him. I suspect Heimdall's physically stronger, similarly durable and he does have that feat taking out the dark elf ship.

But Loki doesn't fight fair and on feats he's miles ahead.
  • He's fought Thor twice and between illusions and skill he made each a good fight (admittedly he had gungnir/the scepter and Thor was holding back)
  • He's taken a savage beating from Hulk
  • He's fought crowds of dark elves/undead asgardians without ever taking a hit (whereas Heimdall was almost killed by the same undead Asgardians)
  • He made Valkyrie work for it to beat him in a knife fight
And if you think about it, conjuring the casket and freezing Heimdall before he could even finish one swing of his sword is a clear speed feat for Loki over Heimdall.

The conjuring of The Casket wasn't really a speed feat as much as it was Loki clearly having the jump on Heimdall by preparing for the confrontation beforehand.

Fighting Thor is not that impressive since Thor was holding back, Loki was going for the kill while Thor just did enough to win. The Warrior's Three took blasts from The Destroyer which is more impressive than a few body slams from Hulk and Heimdall should be comfortably above them.

Yeah Loki wasn't harmed by the Undead Asgardians but let's not forget that he was fighting alongside the Sakaar Gladiators unlike Heimdall who was fighting alone. Also Heimdall's standard weapon can summon the Bifrost which places him further above Loki.

Last edited:
Compared to Thor he isn't a Warrior. A Gazelle can fight, doesn't mean it's a Warrior. Ronan finished off The Other with his Hammer (indirectly cause he didn't swing it at him). In truth, none of us quite know just what The Other was capable of, though I'm pretty sure Valkyrie could have taken him out too given the chance.

Compared to Thor Iron Man or Spider-Man aren’t warriors, so that’s hardly an apt comparison. Loki is thousands of years old and was raised by a warrior race, he knows how to fight.

How? By standing relatively still and not getting hit? Ronan may have also fought in many wars, but we don't know his direct involvement in them. Was he obliterating planets from orbit? Was he down on the ground as a General? Was he on the front lines? It's all speculation. He might have worked his way up the ranks thanks to a tactful effort whilst in the safety of his ship for all we know. What's further great about the poll is that it enables people to have opinions. The result doesn't create facts.

Ronan was not standing still the whole fight, he was dodging, ducking, diving and blocking until he got the knives out of Drax’s hands, then he was mostly using brute force. That showed skill and strategy to me.

I don’t think Ronan ‘s name would stoke fear into people if he was just doing things from orbit. And the fact he favours a melee weapon to me indicates he likes a fight.

And I never said the poll creates facts, I just said more people agree with me on who would win.

Except Valkyrie isn't an average Asgardian...

Never said she was. But I think Drax would give her fight, which to me shows that Ronan would be too much for her.

It’s been a good debate Flash, but we may just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back