Predators 2 or AvP3, which would you rather see?

The guys in playing Predators in Predators where about 6'5".

The guys in playing Predators in Predators where about 6'5".

Ah! I was unaware of that. They looked much bigger in the movie, likely due to some fancy camera tricks. Which, btw, are completely unnecessary. Aside from the two former NBA superstars I mentioned above, pro wrestling is filled with guys who stand 7' tall or taller. Many of them are incredibly agile as well. Just off the top of my head there's The Big Show, The Great Khali, The Giant Silva, Big Ron Studd, Kane and The Undertaker. And please don't go off on a tangent that "wrestlers can't act worth a damn". What acting? They just have to get done up in full body Predator make up and pretend to kill a bunch of stunt men half their size. Except for the latex prosthetics, it's just like squashing jobbers in the WWE.

Oh man I hate that 'wrestlers can't act' crap. Such pretentious dribble. It's a f***ing action movie, not The f****ing Godfather!

Blain.jpg

Here, your entire arguments have been rendered invalid.

Yes big dudes need to play Predators, so it is said, so it should be done.

Also wrestlers should play commandos that get killed by Predators. Because they're big growly dudes who look badass. Just like the first freaken Predator movie.

Oh man I hate that 'wrestlers can't act' crap. Such pretentious dribble. It's a f***ing action movie, not The f****ing Godfather!

Blain.jpg

Here, your entire arguments have been rendered invalid.

Yes big dudes need to play Predators, so it is said, so it should be done.

Also wrestlers should play commandos that get killed by Predators. Because they're big growly dudes who look badass. Just like the first freaken Predator movie.

I never said that wrestlers can't act. I'm the first to defend just about any movie that people don't bother to even give a chance because "it stars (insert wrestler's name here) and he's just a wrestler, I want an actor". What I said was "please don't criticize my choices because they're wrestlers".

So we're agreed that very tall people should be cast as the Predators. Kareem Abdul Jabar is over 7' tall and studies kung fu. Shaq is over 7' tall and can't act worth a damn, but has experience in front of the camera. The Big Show is 7'2" and has plenty of experience in front of the camera. Unfortunately he's also very broad around the chest and waist, so as THE Predator he might not be the best choice. However he could play the clan elder or something, a Pred who's too old to hunt anymore so he teaches and observes the younger generation. The Great Khali is taller at 7'4", but is much thinner, lighter, and quicker than Big Show. He's also done plenty of movie work. Big Ron Studd is 7'6", and like The Great Khali is thinner and faster than The Big Show. Kane is 7' even and is able to jump around the ring like a cruiserweight. Undertaker is 6'10" and is similarly as agile. All of which could make very impressive looking Preds.

The tallest wrestlers are too doughy to play predators.

Basketball players would be bettrr. Then add muscle looking padding later.

Last edited:
The tallest wrestlers are too doughy to play predators.

Basketball players would be better. Then add muscle looking padding later.

Depends on the wrestler. Big Ron Studd is tall, but not exactly doughy. Big Show is definitely too doughy to play a Predator, which is why I suggested he play a pred elder rather than the main pred in the movie. Who says only humans get beer guts when they retire?

If they adopted the storyline (or some elements) of the most recent AVP, I would be for it. Otherwise, I would be in favor of a direct sequel to Predators.

If they get Ian Whyte to play the Predator in Predators2. I'm up for it.

I never said that wrestlers can't act. I'm the first to defend just about any movie that people don't bother to even give a chance because "it stars (insert wrestler's name here) and he's just a wrestler, I want an actor". What I said was "please don't criticize my choices because they're wrestlers".

Hey man, I was agreeing with you! I just get annoyed when people get all bothered at the idea of bodybuilders and wrestlers and fighters being cast in freaken' action movies. I'm utterly with you on your choices! :up:

If I had to choose, I'd go for a solo Predator film, and have it be something different. I'd actually prefer it to be like the Concrete Jungle video game, in the sense we follow a Predator's journey and while it's methods are brutal, it isn't 'the bad guy' per se.

I'd like that, directed by Neil Blomkamp. Start at their home planet with a fairly young Predator that needs to prove his worth and build from that..drop him on earth 2029, earth is devestated and reigned by man in machines. Almost impossible to destroy. So actually the humans are the badasses.

Last edited:
I'd like another solo Predator.

I wouldn't mind another AvP movie if they could get it right, but I highly doubt they would.

I'm honestly not in a hurry to see either. I love Aliens and I love Predators, but AvP movies get treated like some cheap cash-in and ignore what made the separate Movies great and Predators had almost no originality. Plus Predators that moved worse than the first AvP Predators.

The thing is I liked predator 2 maybe alittle bit more then the first just cause it didnt do the same group being hunted in the jungle story and rather put it in a city where I think is the best way to go honestly. I mean hollywood seems to think the only way this can work is too set it in the jungle and have a group of soldiers being hunted. I would like to see finally us go to the predators homeworld and maybe have a battle there.

Personally I don't think that would work. Maybe if a ship carrying xenomorphs from the Alien franchise crash lands on the Pred homeworld. Even then, a whole planet with millions of Predators vs one ship with maybe a few hundred Xenomorphs? A total mismatch. Plus, there's the lack of the human element. Two species, neither of which speaks, fighting to the death for 90 minutes.

Even if you were to have humans visiting the Predator Homeworld, it would make the mismatch from Predators and multiply it a millionfold. Honestly, there's taking an old concept in a new direction, and then there's being innovative for the sake of being innovative.

I got a little flack from one of my fans when he read my script for a live action movie adaptation of Thundarr The Barbarian . He wrote that my having Thundarr's family killed and his tribe enslaved was derivative, too similar to the Conan films. Another fan pointed out that by making Thundarr and Ookla childhood friends, and showing that this is how Thundarr learned to understand Mok, I've taken the same basic concept as Conan but spun it in a different way. Plus, I managed to stay within known story canon, so another plus.

So one fan would like to see something innovative just for the sake of being innovative, while the other prefers a classic approach with a twist. I think the majority of movie goers would be of the latter description.

Hey man, I was agreeing with you! I just get annoyed when people get all bothered at the idea of bodybuilders and wrestlers and fighters being cast in freaken' action movies. I'm utterly with you on your choices! :up:

Sorry. It kinda came off like you were assuming I was saying "wrestlers shouldn't try and act". In my opinion, their movies don't bomb because they suck. They bomb because people are prejudiced against wrestlers. I bet if someone wasn't even aware that The Rock used to wrestle when they watch one of his movies, or didn't know who John Cena was, or whatever, that they'd probably really enjoy their movies.

This

I say do a Predator: Legacy Trilogy

movie 1 - Apache and cowboys

movie 2 - Vikings

movie 3 - Ninjas and Samurais

(I did it in order of least to most badass but you can also do it in chronological order)

I like the first idea. That could be great if done right. Hard R, serious tone. Not like cowboys and aliens.. :cwink:

Predators wasn't even that good. AVP3 would be the more interesting sequel to be made.

I like the first idea. That could be great if done right. Hard R, serious tone. Not like cowboys and aliens.. :cwink:

And as a twist (for a Hollywood movie anyway), have the Apache be the one to best the Predator. While the cowboy, with his fancy Smith & Wesson Peacemaker and Winchester rifle, winds up getting gutted.

Would that really be much of a twist? Predators were always defeated at the end without guns.

They need to take the fight to the Predator's homeworld. Owned. Predators 2!

Would that really be much of a twist? Predators were always defeated at the end without guns.

The twist would be it's not the cowboy who's the hero of the story, unlike most westerns.

Predators wasn't even that good. AVP3 would be the more interesting sequel to be made.

I disagree with you on Predators. I found it to be very enjoyable.

As for AVP3, doing a straight up sequel would be a mistake. Maybe do a completely separate AVP movie that has nothing to do with the first two, but call it AVP3. That I could probably get behind. The problem is that people might associate the title with the previous two dismal attempts and not see it simply on the reputation of the previous films.

I'd definitely like to see some hunts set in the Wild West, Feudal Japan, Vikings & Visigoths, maybe something during the French Revolution? Those concepts might be a hard sell to the general audience and studios but would make an excellent comic mini-series to expand the Predator mythology on Earth.

I enjoyed Predators and thought it was a faithful sequel to the original but i'm not sure how you continue the story from where it ended. They're still stuck on a planet somewhere in the big cosmic soup with no real way of escape. So maybe the prequel route is the way to go.

After the first two AvP films destroyed my hopes for the franchise, the only AvP movie i want to see is set in the future like in the comics and video game.

On the other hand, what if the sequel to Predators is also the third AvP movie? Just have those pods seen at the end contain xenomorphs or eggs or a queen with a couple of human redshirts. Then Adrian Brody and his latina lover can deal with Preds and Xenos. :wow:

I'd definitely like to see some hunts set in the Wild West, Feudal Japan, Vikings & Visigoths, maybe something during the French Revolution? Those concepts might be a hard sell to the general audience and studios but would make an excellent comic mini-series to expand the Predator mythology on Earth.
They've already done that in the comics, to a certain extent. That's why I think it would also work for a major Hollywood movie.
I enjoyed Predators and thought it was a faithful sequel to the original but i'm not sure how you continue the story from where it ended. They're still stuck on a planet somewhere in the big cosmic soup with no real way of escape. So maybe the prequel route is the way to go.

After the first two AvP films destroyed my hopes for the franchise, the only AvP movie i want to see is set in the future like in the comics and video game.

On the other hand, what if the sequel to Predators is also the third AvP movie? Just have those pods seen at the end contain xenomorphs or eggs or a queen with a couple of human redshirts. Then Adrian Brody and his latina lover can deal with Preds and Xenos.
:wow:

Now that's an interesting idea. Maybe have an American SWAT officer, a fugitive bank robber, a Navy SEAL, and maybe another police officer or soldier of some kind (Texas Ranger, Marine, etc). They parachute down and are recruited by Adrien Brody and the sniper chick. But coming down in the crates are eggs containing face huggers. They infest the other creatures that were dropped in in crates and produce xenos. Then Brody and the others are battling to survive both the preds and the xenos.

Maybe the xenos get out of control? Like, one of the face huggers creates a queen, which then starts laying eggs. The eggs hatch and the face huggers infest other indigenous and imported creatures. Now there are too many xenos for only 3 preds to hunt safely so they have too team up with the remaining humans.

^I just cant see that ever coming to fruition though. The franchises have both gone their seperate ways now, so for me it just makes sense to continue on with what they set up in Predators.

There are more places they can take that concept with how it ended IMO, throw more creatures on the planet, hell borrow from an AvP book and have a T-Rex or something there, but dont end it the same way, have Brody and whoever else escape only to land on the Predator homeworld or another hunter world.

Predators 2!

The AVP series ended whey decided to make Predators and Prometheus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"