Predict the Worst Films of 2014

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Sorry if we already have a thread on this. But which movies do you think will be the bottom of the barrel in 2014? And what movies are you afraid will disappoint you (possibly making them even worse than the films that wind up with an RT score below 10%)? Here are my projections:

WORST OF THE WORST

The Legend of Hercules
I, Frankenstein
A Haunted House 2
The Purge 2: Re-Purgitated
Resident Evil 6: Yes, They Are Still Making These Movies

PROBABLE CRAP

Devil's Due
Paranormal Activity 5 and 6

22 Jump Street(I hated the first one too, so even if this film is of similar quality, I doubt I'll enjoy it)
Divergent
Blended
Transformers 4
Annie
Night at the Museum 3

PROBABLE DISAPPOINTMENTS

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Pompeii (Since this is Paul WS Anderson, it should probably be in the "crap" category, but Jon Snow and Emily Browning give me at least some hope for this film)
300: Rise of an Empire
Need for Speed
Noah
Sabotage
Malificent
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Jupiter Ascending
Hercules: The Thracian Wars

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Last edited:
Yikes you just don't like movies huh. I'd take 22 Jump St, Dawn, Tmnt, and Noah off

Malificent has Paul Dini as co-writer and Peter ****ing Capaldi in it so I'm optimistic.

Yikes you just don't like movies huh. I'd take 22 Jump St, Dawn, Tmnt, and Noah off

No, I certainly hope that Dawn, TMNT and Noah are good. I just have this feeling about them that I'll be disappointed. Jump Street though... I really thought the first one was crap and I don't expect the sequel to be any better.

How about we watch the movies before passing judgement?

Good God you guys, this is what we do here all the time. Can some of you get off your high horses for a minute?

But if you feel you need to watch A Haunted House 2 to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that it's a turd, be my guest.

But if you feel you need to watch A Haunted House 2 to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that it's a turd, be my guest.

:funny:

I don't see the problem in what you're doing. You're not saying these movies are going to be crap but that you're expecting them to be crap. It's all about personal taste.

I expect the Paranormal films to be fairly godawful, because the last ones I watched were.

Thanks. Yeah, it's not that I WANT these movies to be bad. I'm just making predictions based on what I know or just gut feelings. Like you said, the last couple PA movies weren't good, and neither were the last two Transformers movies. So it's not a large jump in logic to assume the next ones won't be much better.

Preconceived notions can hurt viewing experiences imo. This is a bit of fun, but I don't like to engage in it on any real level.

That being said, I don't think I have seen worse trailers then for "I, Frankenstein" (with no Frankenstein to be seen) and the non-Rock Hercules film. Those don't exactly bring me hope for greatness.

Preconceived notions can hurt viewing experiences imo. This is a bit of fun, but I don't like to engage in it on any real level.

That being said, I don't think I have seen worse trailers then for "I, Frankenstein" (with no Frankenstein to be seen) and the non-Rock Hercules film. Those don't exactly bring me hope for greatness.

Bingo. Some of the other ones I've mentioned, I'll admit, I'm probably jumping the gun on, since we haven't seen much (or anything) from them. But those two trailers are so god-awful that I can't fathom either movie being good.

^^^ I was going to pin I, Frankenstein and that Hercules too. With a good dose of Paranormal Activities for good measure.

I think Jupiter Ascending is gonna end up really corny/stupid

and I. Frankenstein looks like the worst piece of sh**.

Bingo. Some of the other ones I've mentioned, I'll admit, I'm probably jumping the gun on, since we haven't seen much (or anything) from them. But those two trailers are so god-awful that I can't fathom either movie being good.
The funny thing about the Hercules movie, with its crazy number of name changes, is that with each trailer it looks worst. With every bit of new footage, it looks worse. That is quite the feat. Can't talk about most of the others, though I don't except much fro, Resident Evil films.

On your "probable disappointments" list I think Jack Ryan, 300:Rise, Noah, and Dawn look really promising. The cast, crew and footage for each have me excited. But then again I might be a little basis, with Keira, Emma, Eva and Keri being the leading ladies in those films. :D

The rest I am going to have to wait on. "Maleficent" especially. I didn't love the first trailer, but I can see some real potential.

The funny thing about the Hercules movie, with its crazy number of name changes, is that with each trailer it looks worst. With every bit of new footage, it looks worse. That is quite the feat. Can't talk about most of the others, though I don't except much fro, Resident Evil films.

On your "probable disappointments" list I think Jack Ryan, 300:Rise, Noah, and Dawn look really promising. The cast, crew and footage for each have me excited. But then again I might be a little basis, with Keira, Emma, Eva and Keri being the leading ladies in those films. :D

The rest I am going to have to wait on. "Maleficent" especially. I didn't love the first trailer, but I can see some real potential.

Yeah, I hope Jack Ryan, 300, Noah and Dawn turn out great. I just have this sneaking feeling that they won't. Hard to say exactly why though.

But yeah... that Hercules movie looks like the worst piece of sh**. I can't listen to Kellen Lutz do his stupid Pepe Le Pew accent without laughing.

Sorry if we already have a thread on this. But which movies do you think will be the bottom of the barrel in 2014? And what movies are you afraid will disappoint you (possibly making them even worse than the films that wind up with an RT score below 10%)? Here are my projections:

WORST OF THE WORST

The Legend of Hercules
I, Frankenstein
A Haunted House 2

PROBABLE CRAP

Devil's Due

22 Jump Street(I hated the first one too, so even if this film is of similar quality, I doubt I'll enjoy it)
Divergent
Blended
Transformers 4
Annie
Night at the Museum 3

PROBABLE DISAPPOINTMENTS

Pompeii (Since this is Paul WS Anderson, it should probably be in the "crap" category, but Jon Snow and Emily Browning give me at least some hope for this film)
Need for Speed
Noah
Sabotage
Malificent
Jupiter Ascending

Has there been a single thing indicating that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes won't be at least quite decent?

I, Frankenstein looked stupid based on the trailer, so I'm going with that one........lol

Same. And I'm hoping Robocop surprises the **** out of me because I'm not that excited about it despite the great talent involved.

WORST OF THE WORST

The Legend of Hercules
I, Frankenstein
A Haunted House 2

PROBABLE CRAP

Devil's Due

Divergent
Blended
Transformers 4
Annie
Night at the Museum 3

PROBABLE DISAPPOINTMENTS

Need for Speed
Noah
Sabotage
Malificent
Jupiter Ascending

I agree with your "Worst of the Worst." As for probable crap, if T4 is the same quality as TF1 or TF3 then I'll be fine with it. 22 Jump Street I'm a tiny bit cautious about because it might be a complete rehash.

Same. And I'm hoping Robocop surprises the **** out of me because I'm not that excited about it despite the great talent involved.

somehow.......I don't think Robo will be as good as the original. the trailers so far haven't really sold me.

however, I Frankentstein just makes you go...........why?? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"