• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Predict the Worst Films of 2014

Well, the surprise disappointment thing is what I was talking about with the last category (although I guess if you're concerned about a movie disappointing you, then it really isn't a surprise if it does).

What about "surprise disappointments"?

I was certainly surprisingly disappointed by The Amazing Spider-Man and Man of Steel. I've begun to enter these movies with very, very low expectations these days.
That's how I felt about them too. :csad:

Yeah going in with low expectations is probably the best way to go.

I will be stunned if I'm surprisingly disappointed in Godzilla, but I doubt I will because there has been so much good faith being built up so far that I don't think it'll suck.

I think Godzilla will be good too, but... Like some other movies, everyone EXPECTS it to be absolutely amazing.

That's dangerous territory. I'm trying to temper my expectations.

I actually expect to enjoy the Frankenstein movie, because I enjoyed Underworld.

Lol at people getting their panties in a twist over a single word post. I sometimes wonder, what is easier to play - the piano or Nolan fans. :funny:

I guess though such posts get me the deep-rooted unending hatred of fans which I know can be as powerful as their devotion for Nolan. But what does it matter, a good joke is too precious to pass up on. :woot:

That sounds like trolling to me...so I suggest in the future you do pass it up.

Almost everything in January and February.

Some decent films do manage to filter in those months in the past. The Lego Movie, Monuments Men, and Robocop (all February films) look like they could be fun.

I'm pretty sure The Legend of Hercules, Ride Along, Haunted House 2, Blended, Purge 2, Step Up All In, and Paranormal Activity 5 will be shoo-ins for 2014's worst films.

I do not think any of the blockbusters will fail in the apocalyptic sense this thread focuses on, but might disappoint the investors on the return. Sadly, the comic-book film is starting to stretch its bubble, and I am wondering how long it will be until it bursts. If it does not burst, I keep wondering if the exhaustion that crept into the movie-going public this summer is going to return over the next few years.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I really wanted to like the first film, but I was letdown. I'll give ASM2 a chance, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Some decent films do manage to filter in those months in the past. The Lego Movie, Monuments Men, and Robocop (all February films) look like they could be fun.

I'm pretty sure The Legend of Hercules, Ride Along, Haunted House 2, Blended, Purge 2, Step Up All In, and Paranormal Activity 5 will be shoo-ins for 2014's worst films.
They are making a Purge 2 ? :doh:

If it does not burst, I keep wondering if the exhaustion that crept into the movie-going public this summer is going to return over the next few years.

Assuming facts not in evidence. Just because Man of Steel didn't break a billion, is not evidence for "super hero fatigue."

Assuming facts not in evidence. Just because Man of Steel didn't break a billion, is not evidence for "super hero fatigue."

Agreed how in the hell can a movie that made 291 million dollars in its debut be considered evidence for fatigue? I think people may have had wolverine fatigue but there is no way MOS was any sign of fatigue. Its still the third highest live action grossing movie of the year. And will probably end up that way. That is pretty freaking good.

Paranormal Suckvity needs to fu**ing end already!

And this is just a spin off...we're probably three f***ing movies away from them actually giving any of these plot lines closure.

I will be stunned if I'm surprisingly disappointed in Godzilla, but I doubt I will because there has been so much good faith being built up so far that I don't think it'll suck.

hey.......don't be talking like that.......you're scaring me. :ninja:

Sorry if we already have a thread on this. But which movies do you think will be the bottom of the barrel in 2014? And what movies are you afraid will disappoint you (possibly making them even worse than the films that wind up with an RT score below 10%)? Here are my projections:

WORST OF THE WORST

The Legend of Hercules
I, Frankenstein
A Haunted House 2
The Purge 2: Re-Purgitated
Resident Evil 6: Yes, They Are Still Making These Movies

PROBABLE CRAP

Devil's Due
Paranormal Activity 5 and 6

22 Jump Street(I hated the first one too, so even if this film is of similar quality, I doubt I'll enjoy it)
Divergent
Blended
Transformers 4
Annie
Night at the Museum 3

PROBABLE DISAPPOINTMENTS

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Pompeii (Since this is Paul WS Anderson, it should probably be in the "crap" category, but Jon Snow and Emily Browning give me at least some hope for this film)
300: Rise of an Empire
Need for Speed
Noah
Sabotage
Malificent
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Jupiter Ascending
Hercules: The Thracian Wars

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I could probably agree with this list so far. I'm not really hyped for any movies on this list that I must even go see let alone be disappointed in. I'm a sucker for RE movies and the Transformers; So, I'm gonna check it out without Shia LeSuck in it :)
I'm hoping Godzilla isn't a total flop, trailer looked good, but the acting might be suspect.

Wasn't Resident Evil meant to be released in 2015?
As movies, I don't think they are incredibly terrible and worthy of being dubbed the worst of any group or era of movies, so I won't add it to the worst

Pompeii and Noah will probably be terrible, I don't like messing up with a historical event or person for the sake of making a movie
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
It might be a fun mess, that's my expectation

Godzilla and Robocop have alot working against them. Both have had such bad sequels that it seems quite hard to recapture the magic of the originals.

Captain America 2 looks like it has a good political action thriller thing going on, however like the rest of the Phase 2 movies it will most likely have that ruined by their insistance of shoehorning too much comedy in and at the wrong times.

How about we watch the movies before passing judgement?

This comment is too rational and logical for the internets :funny:

Last edited:
I normally don't like to judge movies before I've seen them, but I saw "A Haunted House" and I'm prepared to take the bold stance that the sequel will probably be just as bad.

Hey, Guardians of the Galaxy comes out in 2014.

Hmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"