The Dark Knight Product Placement?

-"Mr. Bond, what a nice bespoke suit you're wearing, Armani?"
-"Why yes it is, say, can you make me a medium dry vodka martini, shaken, not stirred. And don't use that cheap vodka, use Smirnoff, it's triple distilled."
-"But of course Mr. Bond. But I hope you're not planning on driving your aston martin home after this!"
-"My aston martin that i drive?"
-"Yes your aston martin"
-"hmmm. you're right. Ooh, look at the time"
-"No, I mean look at the time, it's always right on my Citizen Eco Drive watch you know. I think your clock is slow.

etc etc etc.

He did show off his Omega Seamaster and drove a prototype of the new Mondeo in the last bond, while in Die Another Day the bad guy had a Jag.

Also, i dont know about Dell or others (the computer had to be from one company or the other. Were you watching the film or the badges?) but Lamborghini is definitely a product placement. I know they signed a deal for it. I dont know how, but you americans arent so familiar with Lambos, and Begins probably helped a lot. Its a shame really that rappers buy those cars... Also, in TDK he still drives a Murcielago. Its not a Reventon. Though i wish it was.

Okay, I was a few years older. Lol. Just look at it for what it really is... a silly rubber mask with big bug eyes =)
I know but...it doesn't help with fake blood either. :csad:

I dont know how, but you americans arent so familiar with Lambos, and Begins probably helped a lot. Its a shame really that rappers buy those cars... Also, in TDK he still drives a Murcielago. Its not a Reventon. Though i wish it was.
If it was a Reventon, it wouldn't have the cool bat reference. :oldrazz:

And yeah, I only recognize Lambos because it was in BB. :o I saw one recently on the freeway here, and I finally understood why some people are obsessed about cars. With a car like that...wow. That beast snarled when it accelerated. Slightly amusing that it was caught in traffic, though. Poor thing.

Not making a judgment either way, but in the trailer, you can also see the "CHASE" sign on top of the building in the shot when Batman is on top of the building.... Very beginning of the trailer. It would be the exact location of Chase tower in Chicago relative to the Sears Tower. I know since I work at the Board of Trade right by there and you can google map sears tower and Chase tower... So it wouldnt have been "placed" there. Also, Harris Bank right at the end to the left of Joker which is also there in real life. In my opinion, they will most likely be edited out since it wouldn't make sense to have 2 competing banks have product placements in the same movie... Curious to see how itll work out.

To be fair, it's impossible to film in any city without getting a starbucks into a shot at least once.

Yep. Starbucks is everywhere. Remeber the spoof of it on the Simpsons one time? Bart was getting an earring at the mall & the guy said he need to hurry, 'cause they're closing & Starbucks will replace it. After Bart got his ear done, he carry a Starbucks coffee & we see bunch of Starbucks stores everywhere at the mall behind him. :hoboj:

Yep. Starbucks is everywhere. Remeber the spoof of it on the Simpsons one time? Bart was getting an earring at the mall & the guy said he need to hurry, 'cause they're closing & Starbucks will replace it. After Bart got his ear done, he carry a Starbucks coffee & we see bunch of Starbucks stores everywhere at the mall behind him. :hoboj:
Oh yeah, I remember that :D . Sadly, there were no Starbucks around Germany (at least when I was living there), so I didn't understand what they were talking about.

I wonder if we'll get a shot of Bruce drinking a can of Dr. pepper...

with the label turned towards the camera of course

with the label turned towards the camera of course

Reminds me of the first scene in Spiderman 2 where a guy in the background was drinking a cup of it, AND he had a bottle of the same drink right there :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"