The Dark Knight Product Placement?

WalterKovacs

Sidekick
Reaction score
OK, nolan is basically the kubrick of his time in terms of keeping his soul. He's not the type of guy who'd have product placement. (IE the bat-boots having the nike logo, commercials of alfred drinking diet pepsi, the dodge logo on the fantasticar, peter parker web slinging some dr. pepper.)

Or is he? Product placement can seriously kill a movie (See: I, robot)

Pause this video at 1:46.
[YT]WaIR9dAZRR0[/YT]
DId anybody notice this little bad boy behind the joker?
starbucks-logo.gif
Nothing like a little Starbucks pick-me-up in the middle of a superhero battle, amirite? Maybe joker is saying "Hit Me" because he wants a doubleshot expresso...

Its like that rolling stones song where theyre like "...But he cant be a man 'cause he doesnt smoke the same cigarettes as me..."

When i showed my sister that lyric her jaw dropped, lolz.

how much product placement did you see in batman begins
none?
tdk won't have any product placement ethier

I can't wait to take on the Joker and Two-Face when they start attacking the city. That's why I use Preparation-H.

This doesn't belong here. It belongs in the Nobody Cares Forum, in the Official List of the World's Most Trivial Things Thread.

They may edit it out in the final cut.

LOL, it's not product placement if a Starbucks happens to be on the street they're filming. In a city it's pretty impossible not to have one in shot :oldrazz:

Wow. I would never have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Who cares? There's Starbucks in real life, there's Starbucks in the film. You can't even read it... :huh:

OK, nolan is basically the kubrick of his time in terms of keeping his soul. He's not the type of guy who'd have product placement. (IE the bat-boots having the nike logo, commercials of alfred drinking diet pepsi, the dodge logo on the fantasticar, peter parker web slinging some dr. pepper.)

Or is he? Product placement can seriously kill a movie (See: I, robot)

Pause this video at 1:46.

DId anybody notice this little bad boy behind the joker?
starbucks-logo.gif
Nothing like a little Starbucks pick-me-up in the middle of a superhero battle, amirite? Maybe joker is saying "Hit Me" because he wants a doubleshot expresso...

my god youve wasted my life

To be fair, it's impossible to film in any city without getting a starbucks into a shot at least once.

anyone got a screencap
cause i never take that much notice to the buildings not that i really care about a building when the freakin joker is in the same shot

all i'm saying is that unless people are indoors hiding from the joker or watching the battle, star bucks wouldnt be open for business. And it's gona be like 10' tall on the big screen. I dont know, I'm bored. And i noticed it.

Plus, Dodge Hemis exist in real life, doesnt mean that a shout out to them in fantastic four isn't 100% out of place.

But I'm sorry if i wasted your lives. :o :-)huh: )

I don't care what anyone says. I don't like starbucks. The service sucks and i just genuinely don't think a regular coffee should come in a litre mug.

all i'm saying is that unless people are indoors hiding from the joker or watching the battle, star bucks wouldnt be open for business. And it's gona be like 10' tall on the big screen. I dont know, I'm bored. And i noticed it.

Plus, Dodge Hemis exist in real life, doesnt mean that a shout out to them in fantastic four isn't 100% out of place.

so.. because the joker showed up in the middle of the street outta nowere.... starbucks has to close and kill the lights?

so.. because the joker showed up in the middle of the street outta nowere.... starbucks has to close and kill the lights?
Well its a pretty busy city, i dont know why Gotham would just turn into a ghost town randomly unless there was a reason. I mean other than starbucks, the rest of the city looks pretty desolate and empty.

A little subliminal advertising is good for ya!!! :cmad:

Dude, bad comparison. He happened to pan by a building with a Starbucks sign on it. If nobody had pointed it out, I would honestly NEVER have noticed it. I was looking at Heath, as I'm sure will the majority of movie-goers will be come July. It's such a non-issue that I haven't given it anything even closely resembling thought. My hopes and dreams for the future rest firmly in Nolan's ever-capable, soft, creamy hands. That is all.

I don't care what anyone says. I don't like starbucks. The service sucks and i just genuinely don't think a regular coffee should come in a litre mug.

Never been to Starbucks, so...that's a banjo I don't care to strum. :up:

What are the rules when showing registered trademarks in films without permission? Are there any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"