Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

I have a feeling it'll just be Xbox with Series X in smaller letter underneath

1591959960-PS5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-differences-specs-teraflops-RAM-and-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Series X looks a little too like a box but it is what is inside that counts. The PS5 looks good to me (better if it were black) but what it has inside is as good or better than the Series X. I have not had a Microsoft console since the 360 but I am glad the Series X is compatiable with X-Box One. Saves me having to buy one of them too.

PS 5 is rumored to be cheaper than Series X but if both came out with the exact same price, Do you all think it'll be difficult for you or some people to choose? For launch it'll basically be Halo: Infinite vs Spider-Man: Miles Morales

PS 5 has a strong future in the long run with exclusive games but Xbox Series X is suppose to be the best console in specs and will have great features. If both consoles have the same price tag, which would you gravitate towards to or at least first if you're planning on getting both?

I'm personally hoping that PS4 exclusives will get 60FPS support when PS5 launches. Not only Part II, but also God of War, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Uncharted 4+LL and other.

There's Morales on PS5 at launch, but also Demon's Souls remaster.

As for Xbox, I don't even know what they have to justify spending $500 more. I'm not a fan of Halo or Gears of War.

Last edited:
PS 5 is rumored to be cheaper than Series X but if both came out with the exact same price, Do you all think it'll be difficult for you or some people to choose? For launch it'll basically be Halo: Infinite vs Spider-Man: Miles Morales

PS 5 has a strong future in the long run with exclusive games but Xbox Series X is suppose to be the best console in specs and will have great features. If both consoles have the same price tag, which would you gravitate towards to or at least first if you're planning on getting both?
Xbox needs to come out with some big exclusives next month. They probably need to treat this gen like a catch up gen like Sony did with PS3 (and they did catch up by the end) as they are likely to lose even if everything goes right for them unless Sony make big mistakes.

Next gen Halo needs to have some wow factor and feel new. If it feels derivative it won’t make much difference. They need it to do what Halo 3 did for the 360 and have people coming back to play it non stop.

I think whatever happens the story is going to be just how big the lead is for Sony and even if Xbox do amazingly they are unlikely to see all the rewards till the gen after.

Xbox also has Senua.

Personally, even if the Xbox managed to score lots of eXclusive for this next console. I can't simply afford two new consoles plus plugging them out again and again in the back of my Tv would be tedious.

You do know there are switches you can buy fairly cheaply to have both consoles plugged in at once, right?

Most tv's have multiple hdmi ports and stuff needed. When I had a PS4, I had it right next to my xbox by the same tv. I simply switched input with my tv remote

I think the XBox One requires you to sign in using your hotmail to be able to play? At least I was told it's this way by someone who used that device once.
I don't want to have to connect the device online to be able to play a single game, so I'm ignoring this Microsoft device as well and favor the PS5 instead.

I think the XBox One requires you to sign in using your hotmail to be able to play? At least I was told it's this way by someone who used that device once.
I don't want to have to connect the device online to be able to play a single game, so I'm ignoring this Microsoft device as well and favor the PS5 instead.

No you don't need to be connected online to play

Most tv's have multiple hdmi ports and stuff needed. When I had a PS4, I had it right next to my xbox by the same tv. I simply switched input with my tv remote
I have 4 HDMI ports and 2 USB3 ports and I still needed a switch. Going to need a second one after I get the PS5 and eventually XBSX

Getting the PS5 is now a sure deal for me. Even if the PS5 is more expensive than the Series X (though I hope it won't be).

For me, it comes down to 2 issues.

One, I have found that it is highly impractical for me to own 2 or more main consoles at the same time (I consider the Switch a secondary console that occupies its own niche). I tried it off and on during this gen, and the Xbox always lost out. The same was true last gen with the PS3 and 360, and even prior gens going back to the SNES/Genesis days.

Now that I have gotten older with other priorities in life, I find myself with even less time to game these days. So, that makes it even more impractical for me to own multiple main consoles.

If I own multiple consoles, inevitably, I will use one of them the most and the other console(s) will just sit there and literally collect dust. Also, when my attention and gaming library get divided amongst consoles, I find that I tend to not make much progress with games. Until I settle on the primary console, I will keep jumping back and forth between the platforms, often buying a title multiple times for the multiple consoles (which means wasting money).

Once Sony came into the gaming scene with the PS1, the Playstation has ALWAYS ended up being my primary gaming console. It may not start the gen that way, but it always ends that way.

PS1 won over N64. Same with the PS2 during its gen. I got the Xbox 360 first when I made the jump to HDtvs, but that was because it was cheaper than the PS3. When I got the cheaper PS3 Slim a year later, I went back and forth between the consoles for several years before the PS3 eventually won out.

And that brings me to my 2nd reason. I keep going back to Sony/Playstation because that's where the games I like tend to be found. Not just for the exclusives but also for the genre variety (though the 2 often go hand-in-hand). For instance, I like JRPGs and fighting games (including JDev fighters). These type of games tend to be exclusive to Playstation, favor Playstation, or otherwise skip other platforms like Xbox as they have done this gen.

So, for this next gen, based on my gaming history and current situation, I am only going to buy one console. And that will be the PS5. If I had to choose between Halo and Spider-Man, it's a no-brainer for me that I would choose Spider-Man.

The only chance that I would consider getting the Series X would be several years down the road when it's cheaper (or some kind of revision) and more importantly when I see it has some must have exclusive game which I feel I must absolutely play.

Until then, I'm sticking with Sony and the PS5.

That was a great post/read and you're right! Do you all think PS will have third party exclusives again like timed games and dlc content? PS4 got a ton of stuff this gen whether first or third party

That was a great post/read and you're right! Do you all think PS will have third party exclusives again like timed games and dlc content? PS4 got a ton of stuff this gen whether first or third party
They've already demonstrated that with their show last week.

at least one of those 3rd party titles, the Square Enix Project Athia, was specifically mentioned in the trailer as "Designed Exclusively for the PS5." In fact, that was one of the games that made the biggest impression on me. It's right up my alley and if it's a PS5 exclusive, that means I'll need to own a PS5 to play that game. Of course, being Square Enix, whether or not it ever comes out next gen is another matter......haha. But still, that helped sell me on the PS5 last week.

after the show, I believe Jim Ryan or some other execs said in interviews that other titles shown would get timed exclusivity ranging from months to years.

There's also the heavily rumored Silent Hill remake/reboot that is supposed to be PS5 exclusive. So that would be another big 3rd party exclusive.

So, it looks like Sony is already making the play for exclusive content (timed or otherwise). As I've said before, this is often more important than the 1st party exclusives. My favorite games this gen, like Persona 5 and FF VII Remake, are 3rd party exclusives on PS4. As are a lot of the JRPGs and JDev fighters that I like.

This is another area where MS completely dropped the ball this gen. They tried early on with stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, and Quantum Break. They got Rise of Tomb Raider exclusive for one whole year. But after that, and after they cancelled Scalebound, it's like they just totally gave up the play for 3rd party exclusive deals.

Aside from Ori (which is great) and a few indie titles here and there, I can't think of a major 3rd party exclusive title on the Xbox One, other than the titles that I mentioned above. Heck, when was the last time Xbox One even got exclusive content in games?

Project Athia is third party? Damn

Project Athia is third party? Damn
It's made by Square Enix, so yeah.

Another game shown that caught my eye is Kena: Bridge of Spirits. the one with the mage girl running around with a staff/bow and those cute furry little creatures.

apparently, it will be a timed PS console exclusive, coming to PS4/PS5 first, and then to PC later.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Announced on PS4, PS5, PC via Epic Game Store

Will this game come to Xbox as well? Who knows. If not, it's yet another example of a game that comes to multiple platforms, but just not to Xbox.

I thought Square Enix was pulling a Capcom with Street Fighter V, which is only on PS4 and PC. "Designed Exclusively For PS5" is a pretty big slap to Microsoft

Not being able to play Street Fighter V or having the Adam West bat suit in Arkham Knight still hurts and then finding out some games were timed exclusives for PS4 by 3 or more months

I thought Square Enix was pulling a Capcom with Street Fighter V, which is only on PS4 and PC. "Designed Exclusively For PS5" is a pretty big slap to Microsoft

Not being able to play Street Fighter V or having the Adam West bat suit in Arkham Knight still hurts and then finding out some games were timed exclusives for PS4 by 3 or more months
Yeah, SF V was weird. I mean, it's Street Fighter, your flagship fighter. Was Capcom in such dire straits that it needed Sony to help fund/develop the game? I still have a hard time believing that.

Plus, Sony still "let" the game go to PC, so it wasn't a true PS4 exclusive. And to play the game on PC, you'd presumably use the Xbox controller with the Xbox button layout. You just couldn't play it on Xbox.

Games that come to PC but not Xbox are the ones that really ****** me off as an Xbox owner, especially games that come to PC, PS4, AND EVEN SWITCH! But not Xbox.

But that's why Xbox needs to step up in the 3rd party exclusives department. At the very least, they can't afford to have games come to all other platforms, including PC and Switch, but not Xbox. That's another reason why I couldn't bring myself to go Xbox only this gen. I'd be missing out on too many games!

Yeah. I've started to realize that and I hate to admit it as an Xbox guy(I love PS but have mainly been into Xbox since the original). Xbox Series S overall being the best console in specs in a huge plus but everything seems to point to PS5 truly being the game changer and worthy new generation

I plan to own both. Which one I buy first will depend on what PS5's launch exclusives are.

I don't know if I'll eventually get both as I was planning or just one for the whole generation but xbox's event in july will be break or make for me! As soon as that event is over, I'll probably think about what both consoles will have to offer and then decide which one to save money for

Yeah. I've started to realize that and I hate to admit it as an Xbox guy(I love PS but have mainly been into Xbox since the original). Xbox Series S overall being the best console in specs in a huge plus but everything seems to point to PS5 truly being the game changer and worthy new generation
yeah, I get you.

which is why I'm no longer an Xbox guy and I traded in my Xbox recently.......lol. I've been coming to that realization too over the past few years. I tried giving Xbox one more shot, but there just hasn't been any compelling reason for me to continue owning an Xbox. The games simply aren't there for me and my Xbox literally was sitting there unused and collecting dust.

I did like Ori and Forza. And I did enjoy the Killer Instinct sessions me and Iceman had together. But other than that, I've barely touched my Xbox and there really are no other exclusives coming out for it until Halo Infinite this Holiday. And that's compounded by the utter lack of AAA Xbox exclusives (outside of the Gears, Halos, and Forzas) in the past few years. And I've tried getting into both Halo and Gears, but they're just not my type of games. So even Halo Infinite this fall doesn't do much to move me.

Meanwhile, just this year alone on PS4, there has been Persona 5 Royal, FF VII Remake, and Granblue Fantasy Versus. Ghosts is coming in July. Guilty Gear Strive was supposed to come out late 2020 but that's been pushed to early 2021. And this is all before the PS5 hits and doesn't even include games which had been announced for PS4 a few years back (like Babylon Falls or the Granblue RPG) but now might come to PS5 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"