• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PSP gameplay

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

Sidekick
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought the Tomb Raider PSP edition, and I reckon they should have used the original grid based game play of the superior PS1 originals compared to the fully 3d current gen version.

Do you agree?

What gameplay amends would you make to PSP or other handheld games?

How would you apply your favourite current gen game as a handheld?

Wow, I'm amazed by the feedback.

Its not that bad a question is it?

Actually it really isn't. I have a few ideas and examples I'll post tommorow.

Maybe it would do better if it was moved to the Playstation section? Try Private messaging a mod.

I'm downloading TR:L for my PSP right now, so i'll get back to you on the controls for it, but today I played TR1 on my PSP and I found that it is really difficult to control her using the PSP's d-pad. The buttons are too soft and she stops moving whenever I try to turn while i'm running.

The grid-system and analog control do not go together, AOD proved that. If they had just had a little more time to polish the controls on the PSP version of legend, I'm sure it would have turned out better. I've read a couple reviews about the PSP version and they all said that the controls took a little getting used to.

I bought Medievil for the PSP when I first got it. I always found that I had to keep readjusting the camera because I would start to run all over the place and it was bloody annoying.

I thought TR:L would prove to be the same, that's why I got it for PS2 instead of PSP.

I have not played it, but a mate of mine said he hated the controls for Medla of Honour on PSP. He said it was quite fiddly to aim, and when he finally got around to it, he would be shot. He may just be a crap gamesplayer.

Actually it really isn't. I have a few ideas and examples I'll post tommorow.

Maybe it would do better if it was moved to the Playstation section? Try Private messaging a mod.

Cheers, and I initially thought so, but I wondered about what people would say about other handhelds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"