Sony Store Updates tomorrow (?)- PS1 games are a go

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
US, April 25, 2007 - The new version 1.7 firmware update for the PS3 promised one long-awaited update for the system: the ability to play PlayStation games that you've downloaded from the PlayStation Store's Game Archives section. Unfortunately, there appear to be some lingering issues with PS3 compatibility, as many upcoming Game Archives games are still PSP-only.

Sony Japan at last announced what games PS3 owners will be able to play when PS3-compatible downloads begin on 4/26. The PS3 will have just 11 titles available for play on day one. The list includes:
  • Spectral Force (Idea Factory)
  • R-Types (Irem)
  • A.IV. Evolution Global (Artdink)
  • Resident Evil Directors Edition (Capcom)
  • Bishibashi Special (Konami)
  • Arc the Land (Sony)
  • Ore no Shi wo Koete Yuke (Sony)
  • Gunners Heaven (Sony)
  • Ganbare Morikawa-kun Ni-go (Sony)
  • Marl Oukoku no Ningyou Hime (Nippon Ichi)
  • Tekken 2 (Bandai Namco)
The PSP will be able to play all these games as well. In fact, this list of PS3-compatible games is just a subset of the current Game Archives lineup that's already available for PSP owners. To that growing lineup, Sony will be adding 14 new PSP-only titles, also on 4/26. Here's the full list.
  • Ikasama Mahjong (Idea Factory)
  • CG Mukashi Banashi Jiisan Ni-do Bikkuri (Idea Factory)
  • Yaku Tsu Noroi no Game (Idea Factory)
  • Lunatic Dawn III (Artdink)
  • A5: Take the A-Train 5 (Artdink)
  • Metal Slug X (SNK Playmore)
  • Real Bout Garou Densetsu (aka Real Bout Fatal Fury, SNK Playmore)
  • Kenkaku Ibunroku Yomigaerishi Soukou no Yaiba Samurai Spirits Shinshou (aka Samurai Showdown Warriors Rage, SNK Playmore)
  • Bakumatsu Roman: Gekka no Kenshi (aka The Last Blade, SNK Playmore)
  • Garou Densetsu Wild Ambition (aka Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, SNK Playmore)
  • Fushigi Keiji (Capcom)
  • Philsoma (Sony)
  • Jigsaw World (Nippon Ichi)
  • Wai Wai Tennis Plus (Hamster)
PSP owners can at last celebrate the arrival of SNK Playmore product in the Game Archives. Also notable is the sudden jump in game releases for this update. Previous updates included just a handful of titles.

As for the few games that are playable on both platforms, there's a bit of good news as well. As previously announced by Sony, you'll be able to exchange save data between your PSP and PS3. By transferring your data from the PS3 the PSP, you can continue your PlayStation games on the go. The data can then be transferred back when you want to continue on the big screen.

Sony also revealed today that the Game Archive downloads will be compatible with your old PlayStation save data. If you happen to have save data sitting around on a Memory Card somewhere, you can use a Memory Card Adapter to transfer the data to the PS3. This data can also be copied over to the PSP.

The PS3's slow pace in catching up with PlayStation compatibility is a bit mysterious, but the growing lineup of games in the Japanese Game Archives section, as well as the ability to share data in the home and on the go, has us excited. Stay tuned for further details on Sony's plans for the Game Archives in your part of the world.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/783/783271p1.html

God damn, if this doesn't apply to the UK I will murder each and every one of you...

But if it does, count me in on Resident Evil easily. Maybe Tekken 2, but definately Metal Slug.

Sony needs to Hurry up and, y'know, release Playstation cards because I don't use a credit Card since I prefer to y'know debit directly to and from my account without having to worry about end of the year charges of death beyond the fact that I'm not taxed on my salary until the end of the year.

Also

I've heard reports about some people saying that PS1 games played via disc has these weird vertical washes of RGB going on and that the games look more pixlated then PS1 games use to. Any reports on that? Also, one can hope that Sony implements option AA and texture filtering on the PS1 emulator that may be toggled for the sake of my eyes.

Well the only game I've actually tried in my PS3 is Street Racer (of all things). But that look the same... not that it was exactly 3D or anything.

So you can play Tekken 2 on your PS3, and online with other people?

Okay I'm 100% sick of the UK Sony store now. No updates today, not one. There hasn't been one worthwhile update since the machine was launch. No PS1 games on PSP, no worthwhile demos. COME THE HELL ON. :(

Come on Phil Get your but in gear. :dr:

Register US and Japan account in the meantime. :p

Will that work? I'll get the American Sony store if I sign up a US account? :huh:

guh, I have to enter a "Valid" adress. It no worky. :(

Oh I signed up to the Hong Kong one... why the hell don't we get this stuff? Also it was $33 for Resident Evil... wtf? :(

EDIT: Oh... that equals out to £2.10

Man its unbelieveable how much more stuff you guys have over us. What's even more frustrating is I can't get anything you have to pay for cause of credit cards not matching up with adresses etc.

I wanted so much to play Crash and Resident Evil tonight. :(

Oh and what's even worse is that Crash needs 469 mb, I deleted all game saves and photos off my 512 mb memory stick... and it came to 467 mb.

Mother. Funker.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. :(

You can pretty much put garbage in for the address as long as it's not one too many numbers or whatever and the system will accept it, baring that you could always use google maps to generate a location in Japan or where ever you need for the region you want.

No no I'm thankfull Z, at least I got to play an Armoured Core 4 demo and Ninja Gaiden Sigma (which was awesome imo).

I used hotels for the adresses. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"