psycho's art

Thanks. I used that as a MSN display picture and a few of my friends have already requested similar pics of themselves.:p

Anyway here is the finished version of the request the Question asked for a while ago.
Jokerrequestcontinued.jpg

cool. nice to see something from you again. i love the way you posed the joker in that pic

nice work

Thanks.
Here is some Black Adam pencilwwork which I am currently inking.
BlackAdam.jpg

There will be one on the inked version, that was always the plan.
You can see that the horizon line is already there

wish i had your skills... loving everything... that swat guy's face in the foreground of the joker's pic is freaking awesome!

wish i had your skills... loving everything... that swat guy's face in the foreground of the joker's pic is freaking awesome!

i totally agree, and even the detail with the gas effects on the swat member (the nose and eye tears) just goes to show that you are a very talented artist.

Thanks guys.
Here is the "inked" version of Black Adam, the best I have are artline pens.
BlackAdaminked.jpg

the thickest lines on your drawing should be saved for the objects closest to the camera. putting the thick line across the horizon confuses the eye.
also, what did you use to ink? it looks like pen and maybe a black marker for the body? try getting a brush and some ink...it will be super frustrating at first, but your lines will have more character and a more pleasing shape.

also...he's not casting a shadow!

that said, you have a good eye for this stuff--just draw as much as you possibly can and try to improve with every single drawing!

Thanks man. I do use pens, and black markers because it's the best I've got.
I intend to get brushes and ink when I get a better workplace, I'm just working on the desk in my room right now. and that isn't exactly the best place to get messy with ink which is why I rarely do that with my work.
And I know that in that field I have very much to learn.
I have seen your work and know that you are a very good inker and artist so your input definitely means a lot.

As for why he's not casting a shadow, he's flying high above ground and therefore the shadow is out of frame.
Thanks for the advice.

Thanks man. I do use pens, and black markers because it's the best I've got.
I intend to get brushes and ink when I get a better workplace, I'm just working on the desk in my room right now. and that isn't exactly the best place to get messy with ink which is why I rarely do that with my work.
And I know that in that field I have very much to learn.
I have seen your work and know that you are a very good inker so your input definitely means a lot.

As for why he's not casting a shadow, he's flying high above ground and therefore the shadow is out of frame.
Thanks for the advice.

ahh, ok. well, if that's the case, i'd suggest that the perspective on the pyramid is way too flat--maybe if you made it look like it was being seen from a higher angle it wouldn't look like he's standing on the ground...maybe it's just me! :) usually the horizon will go through the body of someone standing on the ground, so maybe, if you decided to draw it again, position him in a spot on the page so you can put the horizon well below him...perhaps. also...now i'm just being a picky jerk, but a dramatic angle of flight (like the one where superman lands for the first time in kingdom come #1) might be totally awesome, too. remember, your camera is a character, as well! ;)

i don't have a good workplace. usually i just work on the kitchen table or at my girlfriend's house! it's never too early to start hashing that stuff out...excuses are a bummer and you'll regret not getting started learning it right away.
:)

Yup, excuses are a bummer and there is no real reason for not getting started on things like this. I'm gonna be attending some art classes next semester and that will probably be the thing to finally get me to do some of that stuff you're talking about. I know I still have a lot to learn about art and perspective etc. and I never turn down good advice, so thank you.

Yup, excuses are a bummer and there is no real reason for not getting started on things like this. I'm gonna be attending some art classes next semester and that will probably be the thing to finally get me to do some of that stuff you're talking about. I know I still have a lot to learn about art and perspective etc. and I never turn down good advice, so thank you.

yeah, just keep drawing! you have talent.

Hey, psycho, you mind if I use part of the Joker pic you made for me in my Facebook?

Ok, so I think have problem on my hands. I just cant stop drawing the joker.
It's too much fun!
Here are some pics.
Yetanotherjokerpic.jpg

This one somehow ended up looking very odd to me, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
TDKjoker.jpg

TDKJokerTwoface.jpg

Oh and a lil' self portrait of me as two face. I'm a little iffy about the right eye on the top one, looks much more manic than in the photo I modeled it after. And the skin IS orange, closest thing I had to flesh tone. Just did the best I could with the few coloured pencils I could find in my room.
Twofaceg.jpg

Ok, so I think have problem on my hands. I just cant stop drawing the joker.
It's too much fun!
Here are some pics.
Yetanotherjokerpic.jpg

This one somehow ended up looking very odd to me, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
TDKjoker.jpg

TDKJokerTwoface.jpg

Oh and a lil' self portrait of me as two face. I'm a little iffy about the right eye on the top one, looks much more manic than in the photo I modeled it after. And the skin IS orange, closest thing I had to flesh tone. Just did the best I could with the few coloured pencils I could find in my room.
Twofaceg.jpg

Hot Damn! :wow: These are amazing! The design for Two Face is flawless in my opinion. Keep it up! :woot:

I am incredibly impressed. You plan on making a career out of this because I really could see it happening easily. Some of the stuff in the thread is iffy, alot of it is really good and the Black Adam (? I'm a Marvel guy) inked was just beautiful. Now I'm just wondering how your sequential art would look. I only looked through a couple pages, so if you have done sequentials, I would have missed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"