Pull Your Pants Up!!!!!!!

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
9725200_240X180.jpg
http://www.nbc5i.com/2006/0823/9725200_240X180.jpg

That’s what the Louisiana House Criminal Justice Committee approved last week. The new proposed bill would crack down on anyone who wears low-slinging, pants-sagging, belly-baring, underwear-peeking pants. It faces the full State House sometime within the next two months.
"Baggy Pants Bill"
House Bill 1626, also known as the “Baggy Pants Bill” states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing.”
State Representative Derrick Shepherd’s bill would make any violator subject to three eight-hour days of community service and up to a fine of $175.
That means the local teens on the basketball court are going to have to keep their pants up, too.
Shepherd told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "There's a way to shoot hoops professionally. You don't have to shoot hoops with your pants below your waist."
He thinks the waistline location might even improve their behavior.

"Hopefully, if we pull up their pants," he said, "we can lift their minds while we're at it."
Local councilman Glenn Green said, “It’s getting to the point where these young men and women are just getting offensive with their underwear showing, the cracks between their buttocks showing…their g-strings showing. It’s hard to legislate morality; you can’t really do that. It just comes to a point of plain old bad taste and it’s just gotta stop.”
Executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Louisiana chapter, Joe Cook, does not think the bill will likely pass the full House floor. He said the Supreme Court doesn’t usually prohibit obscene behavior under the First Amendment.
“It infringes on young people’s freedom of expression and their privacy rights. The zone of privacy they have and the right to be left alone,” Cook said.
So, what about your local plumber?

"What about a woman who is wearing a bathing suit under her garment or she has something like a sarong wrapped around her and it's below her waist?" Cook said. "I can think of a lot of workers, plumbers, who are working and expose their buttocks and the beginning of the crack of their anus."

The Times-Picayune notes that this is the fourth effort in five years to legislate jeans-wearing etiquette state-wide in Louisiana.
$500 penalty in one small town
But, one small town has been mandating it locally for years.
In the town of Opelousas, wearing saggy pants is considered a misdemeanor and carries a maximum penalty of a $500 fine and up to 6 months in prison.
Captain Ronnie Trahan with the Opelousas Police Department said, “The problem that we’re having is not with individuals exposing their underwear. We had a problem with individuals exposing more than their underwear.”
And down the bayou in the town of Westwego, a city councilman in 2002 attempted to bar low-riding jeans from public buildings. (The city attorney warned the city would interfere with freedom of speech and would not meet federal standards, so the councilman later ditched the proposal.)
As for Britney and Ludacris, they may be safe to hang in Louisiana for a few more days. The full Louisiana State House hasn’t passed the bill yet. They plan to take it up sometime before the end of session on June 21.

I'm no lover of the bag and the sag. Having said that, it seems a bit much. And maybe unenforceable? Go for it, though.

I'm not a fan of the baggy boxer showing style either. But I agree that having a "baggy pants bill" is way too much. And a waste of paper in my opinion.

As much as I'm not a fan of baggy pants...

F**k the Government. :mad:

I'm not a fan of having your pants hanging off your butt. That said people should have the freedom of choice to dress how they like. Baggy Pants can't be that offensive to people!

baggy pants bill...you gotta be kidding me

I'm not a fan of having your pants hanging off your butt. That said people should have the freedom of choice to dress how they like. Baggy Pants can't be that offensive to people!

No, it's just that some people have nothing to do, so they find trivial crap to ***** and moan about. :o

they should be a little bit less informal with this bill, anyone caught with their baggy pants below the waist should be shot on sight

oh lord...what's next? a skin-tight pants bill?

I'd be for a bill that allows hippies to be shot on sight. :o

they should just assign us all grey jumpsuits. take that fashion industry!

sorry, but there's a big difference between tucking in your shirt and walking around with your underwear showing or your ass hanging out.

i agree a bill might be a bit much, but so is wearing your pants down around your thighs. it's just not right.

While I don't really like it when some of my fellow blackies were pants like that, I must say that this is wrong. If there is a law against baggy pants, there better be a law against somebody wearing a shirt with sexual innuendo on it, punk ass dudes wearing girl pants and eye liner, or goths that look like their from Hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"