Punisher 2: The Director?

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
I've kind of put this film in the back of my mind for awhile just waiting for news to come to me. I liked Hensleighs work and I'm not neccessarily hoping a new director jumps on but if one does I'd love to see Wayne Kramer get the gig. This man did a ultra-violent job on directing "Running Scared" with Paul Walker and he has a very inspired method of directing which reminded me of Tony Scott and David Lynch merged into one director. The violence was so intense it made The Punisher look tame...really. Even if you hate Paul Walker rent that movie and if you're into action and suspense you won't be let down. Kramer isn't a huge name yet and his schedule is quite open it appears.

This movie isn't suitable anyways for a big name director IMO though John McTiernan may have fallen from grace just enough to make this film. I've suggested Eli Roth as well but most aren't convinced he's worth a crap for some reason.

I watched Running Scared and it is high on the violence and that's it. The movie blew dog in so many ways and I wasn't impressed at all with the direction, but you are right. Kramer has a Tony Scott feel. Especially if you compare it to Domino.

whats wrong with the orignal director , i thought punisher 1 (tom jane) was great

Like I said in my first post...this is only "IF" Hensleigh walks which I heard he was.

I hope he comes back, did a great job in Punisher1 and can bring it up a notch for the sequel.

Paul Walker gave the most overacted performance ever in Running Scared. I giggled a lot. But the action and plot was good. Paul Walker took it down a big notch though.

they need to do a remake with this film like Hulk. this film is PINO

There's no need to remake the film. The Punisher was a great film but it deserved much more. It deserved a bigger budget, it deserved better shooting locations, it deserved more fireworks, etc...

The sad part is because they didn't give it enough it could never prove it's appeal at the box office. Of course it's not they type of film that will make 200 million but a hi-octane Punisher film with a great script, great action, and some vulgar interogations would push it closer to 100 million than 40. LOL This is why I want the low budget studio (LGF) off of it and give it to Sony so we can see a better Punisher 2, 3, and hopefully some sort of mix with Spiderman. Spiderman 3 is going to be so huge but after that how many of Spiderman's friends or co-workers can turn into supervillains? They'll need to make the next Spiderman film fresh. Have him and Punisher going after Kingpin and they buttheads. No need to show the killing as the Punisher's reputation preceeds him. I'd love to see Spiderman bust up the Punishers plans on killing everyone on multiple occasions until finally The Punisher decides to try to take out Spiderman before teaming up with him. Then it'd be like Terminator 2 where he promises not to kill anyone. Who would have believed it after the first Terminator film that the sequel would feature the Terminator promising not to kill anyone and just shooting people in the knees. LOL

Advanced Dark said:
There's no need to remake the film. The Punisher was a great film but it deserved much more. It deserved a bigger budget, it deserved better shooting locations, it deserved more fireworks, etc...

The sad part is because they didn't give it enough it could never prove it's appeal at the box office. Of course it's not they type of film that will make 200 million but a hi-octane Punisher film with a great script, great action, and some vulgar interogations would push it closer to 100 million than 40. LOL This is why I want the low budget studio (LGF) off of it and give it to Sony so we can see a better Punisher 2, 3, and hopefully some sort of mix with Spiderman. Spiderman 3 is going to be so huge but after that how many of Spiderman's friends or co-workers can turn into supervillains? They'll need to make the next Spiderman film fresh. Have him and Punisher going after Kingpin and they buttheads. No need to show the killing as the Punisher's reputation preceeds him. I'd love to see Spiderman bust up the Punishers plans on killing everyone on multiple occasions until finally The Punisher decides to try to take out Spiderman before teaming up with him. Then it'd be like Terminator 2 where he promises not to kill anyone. Who would have believed it after the first Terminator film that the sequel would feature the Terminator promising not to kill anyone and just shooting people in the knees. LOL

Well we've heard talk from Hensleigh and Jane (and maybe a few others.. too lazy to look) about an extended cut reinserting the Weeks' subplot and other deleted material. They also commented that during Punisher 2 shooting they would like to do some greenscreen work for some war flashbacks that can be put in the Punisher extended edition. I'm definitely agreeing with you that the film deserved more.

I really hope Hensleigh directs the sequel- he did great with the first one, it was just a bad time where critics needed a film to tear apart (and man, did that kill the BO. good thing for the awesome dvd sales though).

Advanced Dark said:

hey man don't give in to the peer pressure around here man, theres lots of reasons to do a remake. Such as

1.Welcome Back Frank
2.Circle of Blood
3.)Punisher war journal 1-13

There's plenty of need for a follow up film but not a remake, or retelling of the origin.

ObakeTora said:
hey man don't give in to the peer pressure around here man, theres lots of reasons to do a remake. Such as

1.Welcome Back Frank
2.Circle of Blood
3.)Punisher war journal 1-13

Or you can read the friggin' comics. :rolleyes:

Why do people want direct adaptations of a comic book story? I want a different story for the character, but still keeping the heart of the comic. The first movie can be a translation of the comic because you're doing the origin, but for sequels, it should be an all new story.

because the comic book story was great!! Alot of stuff from the comics got omitted, which sucked! The stuff omitted was what made the character so appealing.

What was omitted?? I mean some things were changed a little but I can't think of anything major cut.

the nam backstory. A 30 something Punisher. How his family died for no reason. All of those things were essential to the character. Instead we get a new vision or PINO.

Those to me are minor changes. The heart of the character was still there and will be there if they ever get to a sequel.

ObakeTora said:
the nam backstory. A 30 something Punisher. How his family died for no reason. All of those things were essential to the character. Instead we get a new vision or PINO.

1. Replaced with the Gulf War but was still just a minor change to go along with the time frame. I agree they could have expanded on it though with a flashback sequence or something.

2. Uhhh Frank Castle is 34 or 35 in the movie...go check the tombstone. I don't even see the big deal why a specific age matters as long as he is in his adult years.

3. Your telling me his family died for a good reason? Are you insane?

It seems you are just making wild and uneducated statements there buddy.

Michael Mann. I'd love to see a Punisher movie done in the style of Collateral or Heat, more gritty and realistic, less comic book stuff like exploding cars that form a skull and stuff like that.

Seems I left you speechless Obaketora...or pwned.

Manny Calavera said:
Michael Mann. I'd love to see a Punisher movie done in the style of Collateral or Heat, more gritty and realistic, less comic book stuff like exploding cars that form a skull and stuff like that.

News Flash...The Punisher is a comic book character hence the comic book feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"