Punisher 2: The Director?

Kable24 said:
News Flash...The Punisher is a comic book character hence the comic book feel.
Yes, I'm aware of that. But a "comic book feel" in a medium other than comic books usually gives you something similiar to the first Punisher - a total disaster. A punisher movie needs to have a more down to earth feel.

i'm sure not having the proper budget and forced to edit out a chunk of it to please the studio had nothing to do with it.
hensleigh for the win.

What budget did they need? The movie doesn't NEED huge special effect spectacles, so what they got was just fine unless they had some horrible mismanagement. And some studio-pleasing editing is a fact of life for ALL movies, and doesn't even begin to account for the things that were wrong with Punisher. The movie needs to be more grounded.

Manny Calavera said:
What budget did they need? The movie doesn't NEED huge special effect spectacles, so what they got was just fine unless they had some horrible mismanagement. And some studio-pleasing editing is a fact of life for ALL movies, and doesn't even begin to account for the things that were wrong with Punisher. The movie needs to be more grounded.

They only got half of the budget that the usual action film get these days. Not to mention less shooting time than most action films. Hensleigh also had to do rewrites due to the budget and short time.

The thing is, the film didn't need to be the "usual action film", the film didn't need a helicopter chase scene or a part where a city block blows up or a fight with a dinosaur on mars or any of the usual action movie crap. The movie could have been much better than what it was, even with all the supposed "problems" it had during production.

Manny Calavera said:
The thing is, the film didn't need to be the "usual action film", the film didn't need a helicopter chase scene or a part where a city block blows up or a fight with a dinosaur on mars or any of the usual action movie crap. The movie could have been much better than what it was, even with all the supposed "problems" it had during production.

Uhhhh no. I know the Punisher doesn't need a HUGE budget but it needs more than 30 million. And it needs more than 50 days to get filming wrapped. This movie had insane restrictions and still turned out pretty damn great.

Nope sorry. I know it is a crazy concept that people like things that you don't.

Manny Calavera said:
I hope by "pretty damn great" you mean "boring" and "bad".

No, I'm almost positive that by "pretty damn great", he meant that the film was very freaking awesome, or something to that degree.

It's kind of like how when I say "The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel films and I've seen it over 20 times" (and I do say so often), i tend to mean "The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel films and I've seen it over 20 times.......**** yeah."

lol.gif
20 times? Hahaha...wow. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :o

kaijunexus said:
No, I'm almost positive that by "pretty damn great", he meant that the film was very freaking awesome, or something to that degree.

It's kind of like how when I say "The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel films and I've seen it over 20 times" (and I do say so often), i tend to mean "The Punisher is one of my favorite Marvel films and I've seen it over 20 times.......**** yeah."

couldn't have said it any better. I'm pretty sure I'm well into my 20's in terms of watching my favorite Marvel movie.

Manny Calavera said:
lol.gif

Hahaha. Well, thanks. I'm glad you didn't enjoy it enough to not troll these boards talking trash on it. :o

so has Avi Arad approached Quentin Tarantino yet?

God, I hope not. Tarantino is a friggin hack writer. The only thing I like about Tarantino is he said he would never do a comic book movie of an established character. He may be good with doing violence, but his Punisher would more than likely be way over the top and not very interesting.

I can't stand Tarantino's films. I'd rather have his friend Robert Rodriguez do it. Pulp Fiction I admit was great, and I liked his early film Resevoir Dogs a little bit but Kill Bill was pure garbage to me. Quirkly dialogue and exaggerated blood can't hide a bad film, bad acting, and actors with no fighting skills. Sorry.

Kable24 said:
God, I hope not. Tarantino is a friggin hack writer. The only thing I like about Tarantino is he said he would never do a comic book movie of an established character. He may be good with doing violence, but his Punisher would more than likely be way over the top and not very interesting.

As long as it isn't Eli Roth. But yeah I like Tarantino but the Punisher wouldn't be a movie for him.

Advanced Dark said:
I can't stand Tarantino's films. I'd rather have his friend Robert Rodriguez do it. Pulp Fiction I admit was great, and I liked his early film Resevoir Dogs a little bit but Kill Bill was pure garbage to me. Quirkly dialogue and exaggerated blood can't hide a bad film, bad acting, and actors with no fighting skills. Sorry.

That kind of was the point of the Kill Bill movies. To have over the top scenes with over the top lines. Some people are into it some people ain't. I can see why people don't like Tarantino.

RedIsNotBlue said:
As long as it isn't Eli Roth. But yeah I like Tarantino but the Punisher wouldn't be a movie for him.

I agree Eli Roth is all wrong for the Punisher too. I liked Hostel, but it's a completely different movie than the Punisher.

Manny Calavera said:
lol.gif

Wow, it's been a while since we had troll here. And he's a noob, big surprise.:ghost:

Yes, saying "Punisher had problems" is trolling. I guess that one user, what's his name? "Most of the people who saw this movie" I think? He must be a troll too, since he said the exact same thing as he walked out of theater.

Manny Calavera said:
Yes, saying "Punisher had problems" is trolling. I guess that one user, what's his name? "Most of the people who saw this movie" I think? He must be a troll too, since he said the exact same thing as he walked out of theater.

Nope the part where you twist or joke about peoples opinion on this film is the trolling part.

It would never happen but I think David Cronenberg would make an excellent punisher film...

Yeah, cause A History of Violence was a pretty fun movie and it had some extreme/comic book styled violence. The story was on a much smaller scale though than say a story about a guy who committs himself to killing as many criminals as he can each day.

If Hensleigh wants to direct the sequel I think he should up the movie a bit more. As much as I liked the first movie, Hensleigh needs to tone down the Peckinpah style of filming. Perhaps the movie seemed a little old fashioned. As for the score using an Italian composer, it seemed to remind me of Ennio Morricone to me. It kinda seemed out of place.

For me though Michael Mann would be a great choice for a Punisher movie. But I'm gunning for Tony Scott after the fantastic job he did with Man On Fire. Denzel in that movie was what the Punisher is all about.

I really liked the score on the video game. I wish I could find those songs and use it for a short film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"