The Dark Knight Rises Question about Bane and Tom Hardy´s performance (No Spoilers)

Kazuki

Civilian
Reaction score
So, i haven´t seen the movie yet, because it only comes out in my country a few days from now. I started this thread to collect opinions on Bane, without major spoilers.

From what i´ve seen in general, people weren´t impressed by Hardy´s performance and/or Bane Character. Is that correct? In a thread where people talk about their favorite performances in the trilogy, Hardy always seems to come out in a very low position.

Whas it that disappointing/non exciting?

What are you talking about? He is one of the best parts.

What are you talking about? He is one of the best parts.

I haven´t seen it yet. But most people don´t seem too excited about his performance. Most people had at least five or six actors above him in their list about the Batman Trilogy´s performances.

I've seen nothing but praise for Bane. He's my favorite villain of the Nolan trilogy that's for sure

I have a suggestion see the movie and decide for yourself. Hardy performance IMO was good. But not everyone is going to see it that way. So rather than asked around just go see the movie for yourself don't let someone else decide for you.

Close thread.

I'm not comparing the two in any way but it's on par with Heath's performance. I understand why some people may not like it but Bane is the only thing I've liked in a Batman film MORE than I liked it/him in the comics. Tom Hardy will go down as one of the greatest actors of all time and this performance is top notch. Some people didn't understand the voice, I personally found every word easy to make out. For me his performance was only second to Bale. NOBODY in this movie gave a bad performance. Except maybe the CIA guy from the prologue :funny:
Hope my rabid "fanboyism" helps :)

I have a suggestion see the movie and decide for yourself. Hardy performance IMO was good. But not everyone is going to see it that way. So rather than asked around just go see the movie for yourself don't let someone else decide for you.

Close thread.

I wish i could just go see the movie ;)

He's fantastic, but I suggest you watch the film and see for yourself before being concerned with other people's opinions. ;)

The thing with Tom is that he has only his eyes, voice and body language to use, and what he does is fantastic considering this, I do think there's a kind of disconnect as you don't see his face, just his eyes, and it feels weird because seeing people's facial expressions, etc, helps a lot in communicating and such.

Bane has become my favorite villain in this series. Hardy was fantastic in the role.

So, i haven´t seen the movie yet, because it only comes out in my country a few days from now. I started this thread to collect opinions on Bane, without major spoilers.

From what i´ve seen in general, people weren´t impressed by Hardy´s performance and/or Bane Character. Is that correct? In a thread where people talk about their favorite performances in the trilogy, Hardy always seems to come out in a very low position.

Hardy's performance has been highly praised and Bane was an extraordinary character in TDKR. Just to show it takes a special actor to have a powerful performance by only using gestures and using his eyes.

Again, only a few reviews out there are only comparing Bane to Joker, and that's truly unnecessary.

The thing with Tom is that he has only his eyes, voice and body language to use, and what he does is fantastic considering this, I do think there's a kind of disconnect as you don't see his face, just his eyes, and it feels weird because seeing people's facial expressions, etc, helps a lot in communicating and such.

Loved his mannerisms and so often the acting came through in his eyes. I love the look in his eyes when he says,
"crashing this plane"
in the beginning.

my friend hardy as bane is as good as heath`s joker. THE ONLY PROBLEM BEING BANE CAME AFTER JOKER. which means bane is being compared to batman`s favorite villain, that said if tdkr was before tdk people would have given full attention to bane. hardy had big shoes to fill after heath and expresses everything with manerism and his eyes. you really feel tense once bane show, with joker it was more fun seeing him. but i never felt worried for the people sorrounding joker on film. they are both perfect on the character they both nailed it.

My expectations were low when I heard that the villain for this would be the juggernaught Bane, and from what I had seen of Hardy in recent films I just couldn't imagine him as this ruthless aggressive warrior intent on watching the world burn.

I have never been more wrong.

Excluding the ruined prologue, Hardy/Bane is excellent up until the last fifteen minutes.

Hardy was amazing. I loved every line he spoke, and he's physically intimidating. Plus, he hams it out a few times. I had a blast watching him.

No but alot of people had extremely high expectations of him. Alot of people were expecting him to be as good as Ledger. He wasnt, but that doesnt mean the performance was unimpressive or disappointing.

A lot of people's unrelenting praise for the late Heath Ledger (who definitely deserves MOST of said praise) got in the way of them enjoying Bane. Also Hardy's very eccentric, unexpected take on the voice and mannerisms didn't click with some folks. Having said that, as someone who adores both Begins and Dark Knight and every villain in both, I believe Bane to be a menacing, intimidating, unforgettable character and Hardy's performance excellent and bold, even if not as revolutionary as Heath's Joker. Like others have said, see for yourself and be the judge. Never rely on the opinions of others to form your own.

Bane is a ****ing beast though. He gets 5/5 villain points in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"