Question about Millar's Spidey run....

at least it proved that DD could kick Wolvie's ass with his eyes closed:o

Mara Jane said:
Actually, the point of the whole 12-story arc was for it to make fun of Spidey cliches. It did succeed at that pretty well.

Overall, I'd say it was pretty good, with the exception of the logic behind Peter telling Jonah that John Jameson was Spider-Man
This has probably been covered elsewhere, but if Millar had bothered to read ASM #1, he'd realize that Spidey's first public outing was to save John Jameson, so there's no way Jonah would buy the idea of John being Spider-man for even a second.

I'm fairly sure millar had read ASM #1. It wouldn't be the first time a character who has been seen with spidey was also thought to be spidey.

Goldenage Batman said:
Yes...but the brain-washed Doc Ock going after GG was cool...:bomb:

No it wasn't.Nothing happened.The fight was a cop out.They both got struck by lightning.All that build up to a possible Doc Ock Vs GG fight,and we got a cop out.

Listen to the majority of the people in here and avoid Millar's run on MKSM GNR4Life.It was pretty bad IMO.Save your money.

Look, don't listen to anyone in this thread. They're fanboys. So am I. Not only that, but we're fanboys who are posting about it on the internet. That means our opinions mean absolutely nothing because we're all biased and insane. Also, we're all snobs who don't think anything new is good if it's popular. Except me, cause I like pretty much all the popular stuff, partly to piss off the other snob fanboys when possible. Go to the store, find the TPB of it, read the first issue or whatever, and then decide yourself if you want it.

The Joker said:
Look, don't listen to anyone in this thread. They're fanboys. So am I. Not only that, but we're fanboys who are posting about it on the internet. That means our opinions mean absolutely nothing because we're all biased and insane.

that pretty much somes up every comic website and why i don't listen to peoples opinions. i'm gonna buy this i forgot he did this book. i buy all his stuff hes my favorite writer and hasn't let me down yet.

Wait a second, but if Joker's a fanboy and fanboy opinions mean absolutely nothin', then basically it all boils down to you SHOULD listen to us 'cause nuttin' he said matters either.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Wait a second, but if Joker's a fanboy and fanboy opinions mean absolutely nothin', then you shouldn't listen to what he said either.

Loophole.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Wait a second, but if Joker's a fanboy and fanboy opinions mean absolutely nothin', then basically it all boils down to you SHOULD listen to us 'cause nuttin' he said matters either.

your a fanboy and i'm not listening.

*plugs ears closes eyes*

la la ala alala i'm not listening.

Actually, Joker's comments aren't far off, but I like to think I don't adhere to that generalization. Th' popularity of somethin' has no affect on my opinions one way or another. It all boils down to one thing: story. If I don't like th' story, I don't like it. It's that simple. Got no problem with new stuff...but it has to be GOOD new stuff. Not gonna praise **** just because it's new to avoid lookin' "snobbish".

GNR4Life said:
Not a fan of Ultimates or his Wolvie run?
Not even slightly. I dropped his Wolverine about three issues in and I dropped his Ultimate X-Men even before I decided to drop Ultimate stuff altogether. Then, of course, there was Trouble. ;)

I dropped the Spider-man arc half way through because I thought it was bad.

I did like his Wolverine story for the most part though. Except for how they treated Baron Strucker. But Fabian was nice enough to retcon that over in Thunderbolts, so I'm OK with it now.

I liked it, actually. In fact, it's just below Spider-Man: Blue in the best modern Spidey story, in my book.

In fact, I've loved just about all of Millar's stuff, including his Ultimates, UXM, and Wolverine (haven't read his UFF yet).

Trouble, though? Yeah, that was a piece of s**t.

Whooo the fans are coming out of the woodwork!!

MaskedManJRK said:
I liked it, actually. In fact, it's just below Spider-Man: Blue in the best modern Spidey story, in my book.

This is true lunacy.:mad:

DBM said:
I dropped the Spider-man arc half way through because I thought it was bad.

I did like his Wolverine story for the most part though. Except for how they treated Baron Strucker. But Fabian was nice enough to retcon that over in Thunderbolts, so I'm OK with it now.
I was upset with how they treated Hornet. :(

I enjoyed this 12-parter, but disliked the follow-up with a different writer. The MK titles are great for what they are, but they seriously need to settle on writers and stick with them.

Millar stuck with it for a year. You're not likely to find someone who'll stick with one comic for much longer than that these days. Gone are the 150-issue runs of yesteryear, which is both a blessing and a curse, depending on the writer.

We do have...god help me...JMS on Amazing and Bendis (who have defintely become overrated within the last few years).

Only thing I can figure is they sold their souls like AlMiles did to do what they keep doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"