Question for Friday the 13th fans

He was supernatural from day one.

No he wasn't. If he was, then a ten year old kid wouldn't have been able to kill him dead in Part 4 with some machete shots to the head. Hard to get around that fact.

The Necronomicon appears in Jason Goes To Hell. Because of this, it's reasonable to think that Jason's mom was trying to use it to resurrect her dead son...so...I'm fine with that explanation...and I'm fine with it never being further explored ever again. No need to ruin this franchise with a convoluted backstory...just bring back Jason to kill stupid college kids doing drugs and having sex.

No he wasn't. If he was, then a ten year old kid wouldn't have been able to kill him dead in Part 4 with some machete shots to the head. Hard to get around that fact.

You mean like how part 3 was supposed to be the end of Jason? But big box office brought him back for part 4? Hard to get around that fact.

Jason was absolutely supernatural in parts two, three and four. Getting killed by Tommy doesn't negate that. Was he supernatural to the extent that he became after the lightning rod in part 6 & onward? Of course not. But he was definitely supernatural. A machete to the shoulder, an axe to the head and various other injuries verify that.

As I have stated before, I always thought that when he was "Frankenstein-ed" back to life in VI, that added or transferred something supernatural to him on top of his otherworldly physical endurance.

When I see things like this....Perhaps a little explanation

vlcsnap-2011-10-04-14h13m28s138.png

When I see things like this....Perhaps a little explanation

vlcsnap-2011-10-04-14h13m28s138.png

Needs no explanation considering this was the 11th entry of the franchise and by this time it was fully established that Jason was an undead, unstoppable force.

Needs no explanation considering this was the 11th entry of the franchise and by this time it was fully established that Jason was an undead, unstoppable force.

Very true, but this shouldnt be something we see in the 1st entry of a new timeline or remake/reboot

Except that didn't happen in the reboot, it happened in Freddy vs Jason, which is apart of the original timeline. Nowhere in the reboot does Jason ever get set on fire.

Yes I know. My point was...IF the reboot/remake ever gets made...that scene I shared , if something like that is used...dont you think an explanation would be necessary?

Not necessarily. It's doubtful they'd start Jason off as a zombie capable of enduring being on fire and treading through a field nonchalantly. Even if they did, as I iterated before for me, personally, an explanation wouldn't be necessary but if one is provided I want it to be something that makes sense and is well thought out (meaning no demon slugs).

All in all, I'd prefer if they just introduced Jason again as being similar to parts two, three and four (like Derek Mears in the reboot) but with a hint of the supernatural. Then, over the course of the series you could gradually have him shift to being more zombie-esque, albeit without making it as cartoony as in the original series and without having Jason get offed (again) by a ten year old.

I tried searching for the above, and could not find any proof but was sure I read it somewhere.

I know I may be in the minority on this but this look, is more terrifying.
Maybe its because its so simple. I cant put my finger on it.

da417129d7e92ba3ce5b5374e90e5705--horror-icons-horror-posters.jpg

As much as I love the hockey mask & for as iconic as it is, I do agree. Sackhead Jason is awesome & I'd love to see him introduced again like with Mears, but for him to keep it longer before donning the hockey mask. It'd be cool to see Jason (again) in that get-up without being bumbling & fairly easy to knock off his game.

As much as I love the hockey mask & for as iconic as it is, I do agree. Sackhead Jason is awesome & I'd love to see him introduced again like with Mears, but for him to keep it longer before donning the hockey mask. It'd be cool to see Jason (again) in that get-up without being bumbling & fairly easy to knock off his game.

If they are going to reboot the whole franchise with the idea of going 5 or 6 movies deep, keeping sackhead Jason for a couple is not a terrible idea.

friday210.jpg

Definitely not. Having the sack, imo, gives him more mystique & amps up the tension & scare factor. Honestly, I thought the reboot could've benefitted from having him wear the sack the entire time as opposed to just finding the hockey mask randomly sitting in a barn.

Definitely not. Having the sack, imo, gives him more mystique & amps up the tension & scare factor. Honestly, I thought the reboot could've benefitted from having him wear the sack the entire time as opposed to just finding the hockey mask randomly sitting in a barn.

I'm glad others think the same. The only thing uglier now than Jason, is the legal battle the property seems to be wrapped up in.

Looking at it now, I'm just surprised it took this long for it to happen. It's almost like Victor Miller didn't realize until just now how lucrative F13th is so now he wants a bigger stake in the whole thing.

Should've saw that decades ago, buddy boy.

Looking at it now, I'm just surprised it took this long for it to happen. It's almost like Victor Miller didn't realize until just now how lucrative F13th is so now he wants a bigger stake in the whole thing.

Should've saw that decades ago, buddy boy.

I believe you nailed it. I think Miller didnt have the foresight to think this movie would be a franchise 35+ yrs. later and now is trying to go back to the well.

I am hoping the new 'Halloween' movie has a degree of success because it wil only help the Hollywood suits see a similar type of approach could work for Friday the 13th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"