Question

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
trustyside-kick said:
Hey guys, War Crimes is in continuity right? Maybe the site I use is not updated but it should be since it has Infinite Crisis in it but it does not show War Crimes in continuity.

Also, is City of Crime from Detective Comics good? I bet it is since it is like the thing right before War Games.

If War Crimes is in continuity then I should probably read City of Crime, War Games and then the Epilogue of it (Batman #634), and lastly War Crimes right?

I posted this in a thread and got no responses. So I figured I might as well make a thread so I can get my answers. So who can help me out here? :)

Yes, War Crimes is in continuity.

City of Crime was great.

City of Crime didn't really have much to do with War Games, really, it was just set before War Games occured. The rest of your order is correct, although you could throw War Drums out there before War Games if you wanted the backinfo.

O ya I forgot War Drums...is that after War Games and before War Crime?

Before War Games. It has the female Robin story in there, and some other stuff.

So...War Drums -> City of Crime -> War Games -> War Crimes?

I really want to read War Games but I want to read the stuff before it first cause I want to understand every little detail so I wanna read it in order. I know some information about War Games from my brother but still.

I'd say City of Crime--War Drums--War Games--War Crimes. City of Crime
features Tim as Robin, but War Drums has Steph as Robin. Tim doesn't return to the costume until midway through War Games.

If all you're interested in is the War Games saga, I'm not sure why you are including City of Crime. It has nothing to do with War Games.

The Leaguer said:
If all you're interested in is the War Games saga, I'm not sure why you are including City of Crime. It has nothing to do with War Games.

I only included it because on some site that has Batman Continuity (a list of but not 100% updated) it said City of Crime was Pre-War Games or something.

droogiedroogie2 said:
I'd say City of Crime--War Drums--War Games--War Crimes. City of Crime
features Tim as Robin, but War Drums has Steph as Robin. Tim doesn't return to the costume until midway through War Games.

I appreciate you doing that incase I did not know but I checked anyway and knew that part already about it. =P

trustyside-kick said:
I only included it because on some site that has Batman Continuity (a list of but not 100% updated) it said City of Crime was Pre-War Games or something.
They listed it like that because it was released after War Games ended, but is set before War Games began. Thus, on the first page of each issue, it said "a pre-War Games Batman tale," because otherwise people would read it and be confused about why none of the changes that happened in War Games were included.

Okay, that explains it. Thanks for helping me figure all this out. :up:

I went to the bookstore near my house earlier but they only had War Games Act Three.

I went their mainly so I could just read them off but I'm wondering if they are good enough for me to actually buy them. I only buy the Graphic Novels I reallly like.

Well...went with plan B. I have gone back several times and the story never has all the acts for me to buy at once...they still only have act 3.

So I downloaded War Drums and War Games. My brother has War Crimes in the issues so I got that covered as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"