Justice League Questions and Theories

FeedOnATreeFrog

(A Metal Gear reference)
Reaction score
Just a thread for making sense of some aspects of the film. Here’s how I understood them (or didn’t).

1) Darkseid couldn’t find Earth again because it was those Mother Boxes themselves that allowed them to locate Earth?

2) The boxes went dormant because of the presence of the ancient heroes. The boxes were scared of them just like they were scared of Superman millenia later.

(And I gotta say I like the idea of Supes’ presence being the thing that saved Earth, opposed to MoS/BvS where the threat is only there because of Clark’s existence).

3) Mother Boxes are a rarity in this version of the DCU. Perhaps there are only those 3. Which is why Steppenwolf fights tooth and nail to obtain them, and why Darkseid insists Steppenwolf find the final mother box instead of simply coming over with some mother boxes of his own.

4) Because Flash ran faster than the speed of light in the kryptonian ship, it not only caused time to reverse for a few second but also caused Future Supes’ mind to awaken in the body of Supes, the one we saw in Cyborg’s vision moments prior (thus why we hear, “the future has taken root in the present”) and future Supes was under the influence of the Anti-Life equation, thus why he attacked the JL, which he only broke out of when he saw Lois, who he thought was dead. This is why she was the key. It’s not just a case of “he doesn’t know who he is” but rather “something darker”.

(so really, the moment is Lois and Supes both seeing their partner alive again, which is nice)

5) The Knightmare scene at the end is of a different future than the one we saw at BvS, which was prevented. Superman arriving and lighting up his eyes in a different way than in BvS, and Joker’s dialog about countless timelines suggest that this happens over and over again.

6) Bruce’s death/self-sacrifice would break the cycle and ensure the Knightmare future doesn’t come to pass. Maybe he was meant to be the one to pick up the spear to defeat Doomsday, trading places with Supes, the one Bats never shoulda doubted, and the one who didn’t deserve to die.

What’s your take on these parts of the film or any other confusing parts?

Last edited:
Nice!! I never thought about that the memories of Superman from the future was on Present Superman until he saw Lois.

As for Batman sacrificing himself, I think it’s not during the Doomsday battle. It’s from future JL movie where he was suppose to save Lois but failed.

And I think the mother boxes went down because there were no Apokoloptic masters to serve or they just shut down after the ancient defenders took it apart. Only when Silas revived it but then still shut down because of Superman...until he died.

I'm still struggling to understand all the visions that occur, tbh *embarrassed*

Is Batman having these because of some connection to the future due to being visited by future Barry?

Again, Cyborg getting visions of the future due to....? If I recall, Barry hadn't started running yet. Was it the ship or the mother box (or combined)? So they can see possible futures?

Pretty confusing to me, I dumb :D

I'm still struggling to understand all the visions that occur, tbh *embarrassed*

Is Batman having these because of some connection to the future due to being visited by future Barry?

Again, Cyborg getting visions of the future due to....? If I recall, Barry hadn't started running yet. Was it the ship or the mother box (or combined)? So they can see possible futures?

Pretty confusing to me, I dumb :D

Yup with Batman ....it somehow caused a temporal psychic connection when Barry visited him.

And Cyborg got the vision due to the combination of mother box and Kryptonian ship tech.

Maybe

5) The Knightmare scene at the end is of a different future than the one we saw at BvS, which was prevented. Superman arriving and lighting up his eyes in a different way than in BvS, and Joker’s dialog about countless timelines suggest that this happens over and over again.

Exactly and this probably means our Heroes probably fails to make the trip in the past. It could be the end of the Snyderverse. Darkseid wins and Superman IS corrupted, failed to be the beacon of Hope.

"No one stays good in this World". But they tried

The scene also links with the theme of the sacrifice (the movie opens with the sacrifice of Superman, the father of Victor sacrifice himself for the good cause, Amazons did it too) and the Idea that these superheroes can be Seen as the solution but also the problem. Their existence invite challenge.

For me, it's the conclusion of the Snyderverse. A very dark ending but make sense.

I really need some help in understanding why Steppenwolf/Darkseid doesn't know that earth is home to the anti-life equation as soon as Steppenwolf arrives. Both they and Diana claims that only one planet has fought back Darkseids forces and that the boxes were left behind. Steppenwolf even knows about the Amazons and the old gods.
As soon as he stepped foot on earth he should know this is the planet they have been looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"