Racism

strike-hard said:
By looking at me you can tell I am not full white, I have darker skin than a normal white person...

I'm fluent in both English and Vietnamese..

Is your name Charlie?

:p

alright, would you rather be the run of the mill black or hispanic person then?

Spider-Fett said:
Is your name Charlie?
:p
Charlie don't surf.

You were close though... :up:

odin's lapdog said:
alright, would you rather be the run of the mill black or hispanic person then?
Do you believe people should be treated equally regardless of their race?

Belive it or not,but rascism still exists,which is why people tend to view things that way.

strike-hard said:
Do you believe people should be treated equally regardless of their race?
Who doesn't. But it doesn't work that way on either side. You are only trying to see it from one.

dark_charlie said:
i was once called a white motherplucker by a black guy, he fought i didnt heard him.

i said: yeah, white and proud of it.

then he said i was a racist out of the blue.

one other time, a black guy screwed up at work and when people called him on it, he said it was only because he was black, it had nothing to do with it.

point is, people are the same, equal. but a white guy cant be proud of it, and blacks blame everything on racism.

Who says people can't be proud of being Irish,Italian,Russian,or anything like that?White isnt really a race.

(I'm not sure if I'm going to make sense or have a point here but just go with it. I'm somewhat just talking out my ash here.)

Remember I'm not saying this is everyone just certain secs of races.

I remember dating this one girl once she was white, I'm asian and white and basically her mother said, "what if you 2 have children"? Um, they'd be human???

I think too many people use their ethnicity as their identity. They carry it as a badge and certain people think they are owed something because of it. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of what you are just that it shouldn't be your identifying quality. I'd like to be known as a lot of things before you throw my race in there.

I am proud to be what I am, but I usually say I'm an American first before I say what my ethnicity is. I don't believe in affirmative action, I believe that the best person should get the job whether they be black, asian, white or hispanic, etc.

There is always going to be racism in one form or another. I really don't see it going away anytime soon. Racism is taught sad to say. I was always a fan of everybody f***ing so we could just get rid of all ethnicities. LOL

strike-hard said:
A white man goes out in public wearing a white pride shirt, he's labeled a racist.

A hispanic person goes out in public wearing a Brown Pride shirt, he's proud of his race.

A black man beats down a white man, it's a crime.

A white man beats down a black man, it's a hate crime.

A white man gets turned down for a job, he wasn't qualified..

A black person gets turned down for a job, discrimination.

I've got breaking news coming on the wire...*Beep, beep, beep, beep*

This just in: Life is not fair. Life is not to be seen in black and white, but rather in many shades of grey because, according to my reports, life is complicated....not just sometimes, but all of the time.

Wait I'm getting more news....*Beep, beep, beep, beep*

You can not distill race relations into a few short, pithy examples. Life demands context and understanding of all experiences that have come before. As for race relations in this country: The best we can hope for in our lifetime are tiny (i.e. realistic) increments with the use of compassion and understanding. These changes for the better will not happen overnight.

Now we take you back to your previously scheduled programming, CSI: Iraq, already in progress....

Erzengel said:
I am proud to be what I am, but I usually say I'm an American first before I say what my ethnicity is. I don't believe in affirmative action, I believe that the best person should get the job whether they be black, asian, white or hispanic, etc.
The Problem is that. Society doesn't work that way. Ppl are still biased so even the best minorities are getting jobs. Even with Affirmative action in place it does little when you count statistics. I don't totally agree with it, but it sadly is a necessary evil. Although ppl who hate it try to correlate it it with filling quotas which actually isn't the case.

The Nose Goblin said:
I've got breaking news coming on the wire...*Beep, beep, beep, beep*

This just in: Life is not fair. Life is not to be seen in black and white, but rather in many shades of grey because, according to my reports, life is complicated....not just sometimes, but all of the time.

Wait I'm getting more news....*Beep, beep, beep, beep*

You can not distill race relations into a few short, pithy examples. Life demands context and understanding of all experiences that have come before. The best we can hope to accomplish in our lifetime is to use compassion and understanding to heal race relations in tiny (i.e. realistic) increments. It certainly will not happen overnight.

Now we take you back to your previously scheduled programming, CSI: Iraq, already in progress....
Thank you!! I said the same thing one page back.

Erzengel said:
(
:up:

A white guy gets hired for a job, he's qualified.

A Black guy gets hired, it's Affirmative action

Whats the point of this?

Kroc1138 said:
The Problem is that. Society doesn't work that way. Ppl are still biased so even the best minorities are getting jobs. Even with Affirmative action in place it does little when you count statistics. I don't totally agree with it, but it sadly is a necessary evil. Although ppl who hate it try to correlate it it with filling quotas which actually isn't the case.
I know. I'm aware what society is like but I just wish it wasn't that way.

Kroc1138 said:
Thank you!! I said the same thing one page back.
You also said that white people that wear white pride shirts are probably racist...

While Hispanic people wearing Brown Pride shirts are proud of their race...

The Batman said:
A white guy gets hired for a job, he's qualified.

A Black guy gets hired, it's Affirmative action

Whats the point of this?
is affirmative action the same as positive discrimination?

strike-hard said:
You also said that white people that wear white pride shirts are probably racist...

While Hispanic people wearing Brown Pride shirts are proud of their race...

It's because us whites hold most of the political and economic power in america. That doesn't make it right though. Those people who would label white pride as racist won't be happy until we no longer control most of the money and power in this country. They want us to give it away to minorities until we are "equal", whatever the bad place that means...

Abaddon said:
Who says people can't be proud of being Irish,Italian,Russian,or anything like that?White isnt really a race.
White is as much a race as black. Both of them, however, are socially, not biologially constructed.

Check out my new pick up line:

Hey baby, I put the RIDE in white pride... Wanna take a spin?

Odin's Lapdog said:
ahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahaha

I find giving a job to someone who's less qualified simply because of his/her race appalling. Yet, this is exactly what Affirmative Action does.

Spider-Fett said:
My Roommate is black...

Everyday he mugs me

And everyday I make him pick tobacco

:o

I really dont know why I found that so funny:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members