The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi wants Dunst back, hasn't firmly decided on villain(s) yet

David Koepp and James Vanderbilt were brought in by Sony. Don't know about David Lindsay-Abaire.

However, he was officially hired back in November '08 and should be further along than the "earliest writing stages" if he's in fact still on-board - what it being March '09 and all.

The only thing is that Koepp was initially in negotiations to write the fourth movie in 2007, but they fell through. I don't think Koepp even had an outline, let alone a finished draft when negotiations fell through. From what it seems, Vanderbilt delivered a draft to Sony but couldn't do rewrites because of several other projects he was tied to.

From what it seems, Abaire was either approached by the producers, had a pitch that Sony execs liked or he was brought in to rewrite Vanderbilt's draft. I have a feeling it was the first reason, hence Raimi's recent comments about "figuring out the story and villains."

I was mistaken if I said SM5 was brewing up to be the next B & R... it might be SM4 that takes the reign away from Schumacher... I don't know... I just don't like the idea that they wait four years... bring the same cast back... and one-off the thing. What are they going to do a marriage at the end? Indy 4 all over again... not that I am saying we won't eventually get a reboot the greedy bastards they are at Hollywood.
You wouldn't happen to be known as 'cumonass' on 'YouTube', would you?... 'Cause I'm seeing a lot of references to his notorious rants on comic-book/superhero movies.

Ugh...horrible news. The movie is just over 2 years away with a nailed down date and they haven't even brain stormed or began writing a script...horrible news. This will be rushed to meet a date and the quality will be affected because of that.

They have been working on the script on SM-4 for a while now, while Raimi was off doing Drag Me to Hell and taking pitches from writers. Now that he's close to finishing that up, he's getting more involved with SM-4.

I doubt it will be rushed. Sony's been taking their sweet time getting a script together since late 2007. Whether it will have a similar smell to SM-3's overcrowded, studio-interfering result is yet to be seen.

i think Jerry Bruckheimer said that it was very expensive to make POTC 2 and 3 together. they spend a lot of money. for prince of persia they are taking their time with post production.
i think those were the same problems with the matrix sequels.

i really think that Sony is smart enough to unerstand that after the 4 movie its over with the cast.

They have been working on the script on SM-4 for a while now, while Raimi was off doing Drag Me to Hell and taking pitches from writers. Now that he's close to finishing that up, he's getting more involved with SM-4.

I doubt it will be rushed. Sony's been taking their sweet time getting a script together since late 2007. Whether it will have a similar smell to SM-3's overcrowded, studio-interfering result is yet to be seen.
from my experience with movies that i have been following on SHH it doesnt matter the time.

you can make a good movie in 2 years and a bad movie in 3 years. the same with 4 years.

sinve SM3 made so much money i dont think they will change . they think they did nothing wrong.

i think Jerry Bruckheimer said that it was very expensive to make POTC 2 and 3 together. they spend a lot of money. for prince of persia they are taking their time with post production.

The reason why the POTC sequels cost so much is that not only they were shot back-to-back, but each had a small frame allocated for post-production because of the locked-in release dates. That means an accelerated workload and paying people at ILM incentives (or contracting more CGI artists) to get the work done.

Had they actually delayed POTC 3 a year or even six months, the cost wouldn't be the astonishing $300 million (a more reasonable $150-200 million), and that was because Disney and Bruckheimer paid through the nose to get the visual effects done on time for the film's release. Fox had to do the same to get X3 out on time and Sony for SM-3.

I was under the impression that this was is the planning stages for a while... and that they'd be FILMING this Fall or next spring latest once Maguire was locked down... I thought that was what the report stated when the new Raimi/Maguire deals were in place. That would give them about about a 9-10 month window at the very least to do principle photography for BOTH SM4/5 and over an entire year of post production. Now that opportunity seems to have gone by the wayside... a back to back production just made sense on so many levels.

You wouldn't happen to be known as 'cumonass' on 'YouTube', would you?... 'Cause I'm seeing a lot of references to his notorious rants on comic-book/superhero movies.

No... but I'll check him out... sounds like he'd make for good company.

Last edited:
Okay...they're NOT doing them back-2-back anymore? :whatever: ..... I thought it was confirmed...to the point where everyone was talking about Tobey Maguire's 50 million dollar paycheck for doing both films back to back.

This sucks. A long wait and for what? :down

I hope Raimi will acknowledge that SM3 wasn't that great a film, and he'll consciously try to get back to the winning formula of SM1 & 2. After TDK raising the stake of superhero movies, I don't want Spider-man to continue its campiness like the emo Parker.

I hate to burst any bubbles but as good as TDK is, it still falls short of Spider-Man 2.

SM2 = 10/10
TDK = 9/10

The bar was already high.

To each his own, but when I did watch Spider-Man 2, I would always fast forward those thirty minutes when he was powerless...those were the most boring parts of the film.

The Dark Knight is a whole lot better than Spider-Man 2, imo.

To each his own, but when I did watch Spider-Man 2, I would always fast forward those thirty minutes when he was powerless...those were the most boring parts of the film.

The Dark Knight is a whole lot better than Spider-Man 2, imo.

They were boring, but they were a key part of the story. The Dark Knight is better than Spider-Man 2, but not by much.

I enjoy the minutes when he is powerless. I try to feel what he feels.

Ugh...horrible news. The movie is just over 2 years away with a nailed down date and they haven't even brain stormed or began writing a script...horrible news. This will be rushed to meet a date and the quality will be affected because of that.

Trust me, they are further along than you think. They've gone through a couple script permeations and, no doubt, multiple creative meetings.

Regardless of what Raimi says, I'm 100% that the choice of villain(s) is already hammered out and its just a matter of time until a final script is in hand and post-production begins.

I wouldn't expect a villain announcement TOO soon though. Remember how long they hid the identity of Thomas Haden Church's role in SM3.

I hate to burst any bubbles but as good as TDK is, it still falls short of Spider-Man 2.

SM2 = 10/10
TDK = 9/10

The bar was already high.
How are you bursting bubbles when you are obviously part of the minority that thinks SM2 is better than TDK?

I hope that Raimi doesn't think SM2 is the best Spider-man film he couldve possibly made...cause if he does, I have little hope for SM4. I liked SM1 and SM2 a lot but there is a lot of room for improvement

None really.Quite frankly i believe SM2 will stand the test of time as one of the greatest fantasy movies not only comic book movies of all time.However I still think TDK is better.For me it goes like this

1.The Dark Knight
2.Spider-man 2
3.Batman Begins
4.Spider-man
5.X-men 2:X-men United

While TDK was a better film, SM2 will be the film people look back to that defined the genre. SM3... well that falls under the category of films that ****ted on the genre.

I enjoy the minutes when he is powerless. I try to feel what he feels.

Peter was a punk when he just passed that guy getting messed up by those two dudes. Any one should step up, and not let something that stupid happen. That's one reason why Raimi made Peter so unbelievably ignorant.

"He's getting picked on....but I have no powers, so I'm just gonna leave...I guess my balls left when my powers left."

While TDK was a better film, SM2 will be the film people look back to that defined the genre.
The film people will look back on has been and always will be '89 Batman.

Face it, that movie was THE most epic crap out there back in the day and still is an amazing film.

That's what made The Dark Knight so incredible. Even if they said otherwise, the director and everyone tried to raise the bar that the '89 Batman raised.

Peter was a punk when he just passed that guy getting messed up by those two dudes. Any one should step up, and not let something that stupid happen. That's one reason why Raimi made Peter so unbelievably ignorant.

"He's getting picked on....but I have no powers, so I'm just gonna leave...I guess my balls left when my powers left."

That was the whole point. Peter was being irresponsible by giving up being Spider-Man. He didn't go follow those Cop cars chasing those criminals after he bought that hot dog in the street either.

It was only after his confession to Aunt May about his role in Ben's death, and her reaction of pulling her hand away from his and just walking away that shook him up. And the headline he saw about crime being up 75% since he quit being Spider-Man. That's when he started to realize he's in the wrong.

He went and saved that little girl in the burning building then. And he learned that someone still died in there. It's like no matter what he does he still loses in some way.

When he's Spider-Man, his friendships, jobs, and studies suffer. When he's not Spider-Man innocent people suffer. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

His lesson that he learned the HARD way was that he has to give up his dreams of a normal life in order to do what is right. His conflict was a parallel of Doc Ock's as Ock was being irresponsible by doing evil things in order to make his dream happen.

While TDK was a better film, SM2 will be the film people look back to that defined the genre. SM3... well that falls under the category of films that ****ted on the genre.
Too true.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"