Rank the seasons, with comments

^^^Actually the FOW ratio was much better in season three. I think there were less freaks in S3 than any of the other seasons.:O

(1) Season 5 - Aquaman, Brainac, Zod, and Cyborg. Lex-Clark relationship turns sour, Great begining and great ending

(2) Season 3 - A lot of Lex, which was the reason why I began watching

(3) Season 2 - Good development of Chloe's character, like the love triangle of Clark-Lana-Chloe

(4) Season 1 - The pilot was great, and started things off well

(5) Season 4 - The Flash, EXCELLENT finale, Lois Lane, and Lex starts to fade to the dark side.

(My apologies for the bumpage, but I had to add my two cents ;))

5.) Season 3 - VERY rarely do I sit through an episode of Smallville and get generally bored. But man, oh man did Season 3 put me to sleep at times. Sure, "Exile" and "Phoenix" got the year off to a fabulous start, but what followed was simply dull. With very little Jor-El through most of the season, I felt like Clark was just going through the motions most of the year. And with Helen Bryce out of the picture, Lex just seemed to be...there. The ridiculous overload of Clark/Lana loft scenes, the entire Adam Knight story, and the complete mishandling of Pete's character just brought this season down one episode at a time. And then, the finale? A complete mixed bag. Not a whole lot redeemable about this season, really.

4.) Season 4 - "What could have been" is the story of this season. Sure, the year opened strong (with the rock solid "Crusade") and ended even stronger (with what I believe is the best episode of the series "Commencement"), but in between, there were just WAY too many clunkers. The back-to-back Awful Fest of "Facade" and "Devoted" must have been a pain to have to endure when they first aired. "Ageless" needs no comment, and "Krypto" had its share of WTF moments. That's not to say the season was a total waste ("Run", "Onyx", "Transference", and "Sacred" were all terrific), but man was this season inconsistent with a capital 'I'.

3.) Season 1 - Ah, the innocent days. Sure, some may roll their eyes when it comes to the ridiculous overuse of FOTWs in Season 1, but this was a truly fun, enjoyable way to begin the show. Pete actually served a purpose, Chlark was in full effect, and we got to see plenty of Clark doing his Clark thing: beatin' down crazy high schoolers on a weekly basis. Add to it the bubblegum puppy dog looks between Clark and Lana (without most of that "secrets and lies" bulldookie that comes up in later seasons) and a thrilling finale, and the first season definitely holds its own when compared to later seasons.

2.) Season 5 - This season holds a special place in my heart because it's the season that I jumped into when I first discovered the show. And really, I couldn't have doven into a better year. The opening three episodes of "Arrival", "Mortal", and "Hidden" were a phenominal way to start a season. Clark's Kryptonian heritage takes center stage with the Brainiac/Zod saga, and he experiences the high of finally being with Lana and the low of losing the greatest influence in his life. There were some stinkers in this collection (like the undeniably god awful "Hypnotic"), but from top-to-bottom, Season 5 simply rocked.

1.) Season 2 - When I watched this season over the winter break from college a couple of weeks ago, I was absolutely stunned by how well put together it was. And not to mention, how many significant events it contained. From the introduction of the caves in "Skinwalker" to Clark and Lana getting together for the first time to the big reveal of Clark's origins in "Rosetta", the second season not only packed the big punches in terms of the show's mythology, but also managed to be pretty darn consistent in terms of quality (that run of "Skinwalker", "Visage", "Insurgence", "Suspect", "Rush", "Prodigal", "Fever", and "Rosetta" :wow:). Not to mention the rather dark finale, the introduction of Red K, the prescence of Emmanuelle Vaugier as the more than welcome guest Helen Bryce, and Pete learning Clark's secret. Season 2 was simply...super.

I couldn't abide the blood storyline and people hated the stones storyline more than that?

It boggles the mind... the blood storyline almost got me to stop watching I hated it so much.

:eek:

Really, Triplet? I loved season three. It wasn't the blood storyline that I loved so much, but the vulnerable position it put Clark in during the season. I loved the cat and mouse games that Lionel was playing, and he would get just close enough to uncover the truth about Clark, and then Clark would get out of it.

If you were to ask me what I loved about it so much, it's the fact that I got to see the "superhero" genuinely human - more so than other seasons. Clark got more frightened or stressed out in this season than prior season, and Tom Welling really got to spread his wings. The storylines were very good. For me, it was alot more than the blood storyline. I loved the secrecy about what Jonathan gave up to protect Clark. I loved Phoenix and how vulnerable Clark was in that episode, trying to keep his secret and protect the people he loves against powerful adversaries. It really was a sad season for Clark, and by the end, he lost almost everyone in his life - which made it dramatic and angsty. I just love that stuff.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it more. For the record, I liked season four also. :cwink:

Really, Triplet? I loved season three. It wasn't the blood storyline that I loved so much, but the vulnerable position it put Clark in during the season. I loved the cat and mouse games that Lionel was playing, and he would get just close enough to uncover the truth about Clark, and then Clark would get out of it.

If you were to ask me what I loved about it so much, it's the fact that I got to see the "superhero" genuinely human - more so than other seasons. Clark got more frightened or stressed out in this season than prior season, and Tom Welling really got to spread his wings. The storylines were very good. For me, it was alot more than the blood storyline. I loved the secrecy about what Jonathan gave up to protect Clark. I loved Phoenix and how vulnerable Clark was in that episode, trying to keep his secret and protect the people he loves against powerful adversaries. It really was a sad season for Clark, and by the end, he lost almost everyone in his life - which made it dramatic and angsty. I just love that stuff.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it more. For the record, I liked season four also. :cwink:

Well, I like some bits of the third season quite a lot. Pheonix and Memoria, among others.

However, it also had some episodes that I absolutely loathe.

Delete, Velocity, Resurrection, Crisis...

*shudders*

I hated Resurrection so much it's probably the only episode I've only seen once.... I've even seen Craving more than once, but not that.

1. I'm going to cheat ever so slightly, and put season 6 at the top of my list, even though it's just halfway, along with seaon 5. Maybe its because it's the first season I'm watching in real time (the rest I caught up with on DVD in a month!) but I've never looked forwatd to new episodes more and just never really, truly enjoyed the episodes more. And already I think this seasons arc seems better than any previous season. This season has had really great eps so far too. Except for some problematic plot points, things seem headed towards somewhere interesting, and there's a real momentum to this season that I didn't notice in other seasons.

1. Season 5. Started off amazing and the first half of the season is fantastic. But aside from a couple of great eps, the middle falls apart from me, and then never really picks up till the last 2-3 episodes. But Braniac, and a really strong first half make this one of my favourite seasons.

2. Season 4. I really liked the first half again, especially the first four episodes. Lois' introduction was amazing. Some of the arcs didn't make so much sense, but individually, this season has some pretty fun and awesome eps.

3. Season 3. When I was catching up with this season, this is the season that first really hooked me. I liked Clark and Lex and Lionel's development, and the relationships were exciting, and the eps were very strong, in terms of the season as a whole.

4. Season 1 and season 2. The first two seasons, while I instantly fell in love with Clark, and came to appreciate the other characters too, and some 'ships like Clark/Lana, I didn't really fall in love with the show. I think a lot of the eps worked by themselves, and there are some of the best eps of the series in seasons 1 and 2, but as a whole, neither worked for me as much as the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"