Rank 'em: Worst SV Eps of All Time

I did enjoy the fact that by the end Lex really had her husband alive and was still being tested. So I am always glad to see bad Lex.

Static in my opinion is one of the worst episodes ever on Smallvile, which made me think of the actual title of that episode. It was named after the Krypto freak's power that was featured as the villian for that episode. I thought it was strange that Clark had no interaction with that character, yet the episode was named after his powers. Has an episode ever been named after a character or theme that didn't relate to Clark in one way or another?

I can't believe season 6 is wrapping up in the UK and it just did nothing the whlle season :(

Well it did a few things but I am not impressed.

I can't believe season 6 is wrapping up in the UK and it just did nothing the whlle season :(

Well it did a few things but I am not impressed.
I hope we get S7 sooner than we got S6. S6 was almost over in USA when it started to air here.

I thought it was strange that Clark had no interaction with that character, yet the episode was named after his powers. Has an episode ever been named after a character or theme that didn't relate to Clark in one way or another?
Sure, plenty of times, though it's rare to have a villain in an ep that Clark doesn't interact with at all. I think the following are all such examples, but I could be forgetting a scene or two: Bound, Fanatic, Mercy, Static, Hydro, and Nemesis. The brain is mushy tonight LOL.

Sure, plenty of times, though it's rare to have a villain in an ep that Clark doesn't interact with at all. I think the following are all such examples, but I could be forgetting a scene or two: Bound, Fanatic, Mercy, Static, Hydro, and Nemesis. The brain is mushy tonight LOL.

In Fanatic Clark saved his dad from the sniper bullet, in Mercy clark saved Lionel and Martha, and Nemesis revolved around Clark and Lex's relationship. I can't remember what bound was about. In Hydro Clark had nothing to do with the water chick (Torri Spelling) except for her knowing Clark's secret and writing about him being the reason that Lana hadn't given Lex an answer to his wedding proposal.

In Fanatic Clark saved his dad from the sniper bullet, in Mercy clark saved Lionel and Martha,
I realize that, but he didn't interact directly with the villains in those eps, right?

Nemesis revolved around Clark and Lex's relationship.
Yeah, but remember what put them there - Wes' crazy wife with a bomb and a bad 'tude. I don't think Clark ever met her.

I can't remember what bound was about.
Another Lex nut, in this case a former GF who he gave a pair of diamond earrings to. I forget if Clark actually met her.

But ya know, Static was such a sucky episode on SOOOOO many levels. To use it as a benchmark for the rest of the series - other than what *not* to do - is just all kinds of wrong. LOL What was the question again? :p

I realize that, but he didn't interact directly with the villains in those eps, right?

Yeah, but remember what put them there - Wes' crazy wife with a bomb and a bad 'tude. I don't think Clark ever met her.

Another Lex nut, in this case a former GF who he gave a pair of diamond earrings to. I forget if Clark actually met her.

But ya know, Static was such a sucky episode on SOOOOO many levels. To use it as a benchmark for the rest of the series - other than what *not* to do - is just all kinds of wrong. LOL What was the question again? :p

What I meant was Clark was not affected by the villian in this episode. He didn't save anyone from him, he didn't need anyone saving him, Clark was not affected in any way by the theme of that episode (Static). No matter how little interaction Clark had with the villians in the episodes you mentioned, he was still affected by them.

I hope that clears everything up.:O

I started watching Smallville on DVD and have watched every episode, in order, more than once. I liked some shows better than others, but I can't think of one I wouldn't (and haven't) watched again. I HATED that they killed Jonathan and some of the other developments in Season 5, but I wouldn't call them bad shows.

Having to stomach Lana carrying on suddenly about how much she loved Lex in Static... along with it being a Clark "lite" episode made it a stinker for me, but I really didn't dislike much, till THIS season.

Honestly... I don't know what is going in Season 7, but the only episode I've really LIKED so far has been Action. It's like this season has been slapped together... UNsatisfying, UNcompelling, LACKING that "special something" that Smallville has had. My "co-watchers" concur.

Don't get me wrong... of course, as long as Clark is in an episode, it's an episode worth watching ( ;) ), but this season has been overall disappointing.

For example, after having to suffer through Lex and Lana last season, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Clark and Lana together... And I wanted some satisfying development/resolution to stories that have hardly been addressed. I've also not had the new characters (Kara) really grab me... Season 7 is SUBPAR Smallville IMO.

hyptnotic from season 5 is worst episode i have seen on smallville i have watched every ep more than once but i will never watch hyptnotic again it was plain wrong. As for spirit i enjoyed this ep the prom dance with lana and clark was perfect great song as well.
I couldn't watch Hypnotic again either... it was too depressing... it literally made me feel ill. But, an episode that provokes such strong emotion... even though I hated it, I don't know that I would call it bad.

What I meant was Clark was not affected by the villain in this episode. He didn't save anyone from him, he didn't need anyone saving him, Clark was not affected in any way by the theme of that episode (Static). No matter how little interaction Clark had with the villains in the episodes you mentioned, he was still affected by them.

I hope that clears everything up.:O
Yes, it does. And therein lies one of the many problems with the episode. They surgically removed Clark from the main action with the lame excuse of him being busy elsewhere. Yeah, he was busy all right - busy prepping Hydro LOL, which was shot after Static (they aired Subterranean out of order.)

I do see what you're saying though. I just they never do that again. You take Clark out of the A plot and the whole episode starts out with a big strike against it. JMHO.

I started watching Smallville on DVD and have watched every episode, in order, more than once. I liked some shows better than others, but I can't think of one I wouldn't (and haven't) watched again. I HATED that they killed Jonathan and some of the other developments in Season 5, but I wouldn't call them bad shows.

Having to stomach Lana carrying on suddenly about how much she loved Lex in Static... along with it being a Clark "lite" episode made it a stinker for me, but I really didn't dislike much, till THIS season.

Honestly... I don't know what is going in Season 7, but the only episode I've really LIKED so far has been Action. It's like this season has been slapped together... UNsatisfying, UNcompelling, LACKING that "special something" that Smallville has had. My "co-watchers" concur.

Don't get me wrong... of course, as long as Clark is in an episode, it's an episode worth watching ( ;) ), but this season has been overall disappointing.

For example, after having to suffer through Lex and Lana last season, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Clark and Lana together... And I wanted some satisfying development/resolution to stories that have hardly been addressed. I've also not had the new characters (Kara) really grab me... Season 7 is SUBPAR Smallville IMO.

Quoted for truth!

:up:

Well, except for not liking that they killed jonathan.

I think he served his purpose, in a literary sense, and thought it was time for him to go. Since he was killed, however, they sorta lost good reasons for Martha to stay on the show and Annette decided to leave.

I don't blame her, she was poorly used in the show since Jonathan's death and I'm not sure why that was...

As for Static, I think the pieces, if you look at them apart, all worked but they didn't work together.

I thought Kristen did a great job acting in that episode, but her motivations were all wrong.

She had been voicing doubts about her relationship just the episode before... Why was she so upset abut him being gone the very next episode? Why was she all of a sudden to desperate at the thought of losing him?

It didn't make sense....

Hee! I think Season 7 is my favourite.

However, I can understand why TPTB were reluctant to have Lana find out about Clark's secret earlier than Season 6, because that anticipation of her finding out is now gone and obviously its reflected in the storyline and with it a bit of the spark has been lost.

But I'm loving all the relationships at the moment. :heart:

Nice to see you back on the SV board, Captivated. :yay:

You make a really good point about the unsatisfying and unresolved issues that aren't being addressed this season, at least not as well as they could have been, especially concerning Clark and Lana getting back together. Something has just seemed so off to me that I thought for a long time that the Lana that returned wasn't the real Lana. I'm past that now but I feel your frustration.

I do keep hoping that they will redeem what's missing this season before its too late. Tomorrow's episode sounds promising and could be pivotal in moving the story forward and hopefully in the right direction. I haven't disliked as many episodes this season as you (really only two, so far - Fierce and Blue) but I do feel that there is an incohesiveness to the show overall. And that I attribute to their rush to salvage what they could of this season before the writer's strike.

The one thing I think several of us ("the estrogen crowd" as Pat put it) can all agree on is that Tom has never looked better! He definitely makes the show for me and always has so as long as he's in it I'm stickin' with it!!!

I couldn't watch Hypnotic again either... it was too depressing... it literally made me feel ill. But, an episode that provokes such strong emotion... even though I hated it, I don't know that I would call it bad.

Hee! Who says all Clana fans think the same? ;)

I'm really enjoying S7 so far. I've loved a few episodes, liked a lot, and have hated one - Fierce. I do agree with you about Static though *hockspit*

Hypnotic drove me insane because it's one of the very rare episodes that I thought Clark was totally out of character and his actions were ridiculously contrived. But I did love Kristin's performance in it, so it wasn't a total write-off (just mostly).

Good to see you again, Cap. :grin:

Yes, it does. And therein lies one of the many problems with the episode. They surgically removed Clark from the main action with the lame excuse of him being busy elsewhere. Yeah, he was busy all right - busy prepping Hydro LOL, which was shot after Static (they aired Subterranean out of order.)

I do see what you're saying though. I just they never do that again. You take Clark out of the A plot and the whole episode starts out with a big strike against it. JMHO.

Agreed.:up:

Worst by season, IMO:

S1 - Craving, Reaper
S2 - Redux, Visitor
S3 - Magnetic, Velocity
S4 - Facade, Lucy, Ageless
S5 - Thirst, Vengeance, Hypnotic
S6 - Wither, Static, Subterranean, Promise
S7 (so far) - Fierce

Worst of all time? Tough call. How about the episodes that stress the wrong way to improve one's self-image (Craving, Redux, Facade)? How about the unnecessary episodes (Subterranean, Fierce)? How about the episodes that depict Clark as the complete opposite of who he's supposed to be (Promise)?

But in the end, the (dis)honor goes to...Redux. Two separate stories that had nothing in common (Clark's adoptive grandfather comes to visit, and the youth-sucking FOTW), and as a result, felt completely disjointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"