Rate and discuss the new layout

Well hopefully they can fix the bottom tabs. It should be more visible.

wGAQgRG.jpg

I won't say that I hate the new format but I will say I don't care for it. Of course with every new format there will be bugs and aspects of it moving slow, however, I can honestly say that I miss and prefer the old layout as it was much easier to navigate.

I know I'm a broken record over here but, I'm still hoping to be able to sort POSTS not THREADS, into descending order!

Looks like I'm that guy....

Thread Manager is a necessary evil, bring it back.

Why? Was a thread autolocked?
Actually....I believe he is saying he longs for the good old days when threads were locked before they got too long.

Actually....I believe he is saying he longs for the good old days when threads were locked before they got too long.
In a manner of speaking. Threads lagged less.

I always thought threads were locked because they became a strain on the software or server, not because of length.

On our old server.....long threads caused the server to slow down and lag. That's why thread manager was created to close them down at a certain length.

I think the way the old threads were locked at 41 pages made them slightly more byte-sized and manageable, even though 41 pages is still a lot to get through. There felt like an end to it, and it was somewhat easier to search through. When it starts going on for 80 -100 pages (which none here have yet, but they can do on other forums) it feels like a massive, overwhelming thing to get through.

I've seen threads on some other forums go well past the thousand page point (and that's with 50 posts per page).

I've seen threads on some other forums go well past the thousand page point (and that's with 50 posts per page).

That's way too much!

How come Green Lantern still has a forum section for it? Is there actually a film in development? Otherwise isn't it like Fantastic Four which already had 3 big screen films but nothing actively happening? Couldn't we get a Fantastic Four section back so we could discuss plans for the inevitable MCU FF who will show up either in their own movie or in other movies to begin with? That way we could have dedicated threads for each character.

Cause Green Lantern >>>> Fan4stic bro. :o

Ok, I think I've found the problem with the vertical text in the forum home.

div class="nodeLastPost secondaryContent" needs to be a fluid width. It's currently listed in the css file as width: 210px. Change that to a percentage should solve the problem.

On our old server.....long threads caused the server to slow down and lag. That's why thread manager was created to close them down at a certain length.
That is what I thought but somehow what I wrote came out differently than what I meant. I assume this will eventually become a problem again but it will take a longer thread to reach that point.

Are threads going to keep going unlocked or are they going to get capped at some number?

That is what I thought but somehow what I wrote came out differently than what I meant. I assume this will eventually become a problem again but it will take a longer thread to reach that point.

Are threads going to keep going unlocked or are they going to get capped at some number?
I'm creating new versions when I see a thread is running particularly long, but there's no set number or anything.

Ok, I think I've found the problem with the vertical text in the forum home.

div class="nodeLastPost secondaryContent" needs to be a fluid width. It's currently listed in the css file as width: 210px. Change that to a percentage should solve the problem.

Do you have a screenshot of the issue? On my phone it looks fine anyway.

Do you have a screenshot of the issue? On my phone it looks fine anyway.
Text looks fine to me when I don't rotate the phone sideways, that is when it turns vertical. I tried taking a screenshot on my phone, but it's not allowed due to security policy stopping me from screen capturing these boards.

Heh all (mods),

Quick request, in amongst all the smiles - characters, can we have an icon for Dr Who created please by way of a Tardis or K-9 for example. It would be much appreciated.

I'm creating new versions when I see a thread is running particularly long, but there's no set number or anything.

should we set a number? stick with the 1000 posts of so? 50 pages?
something we can discuss for community at least since we run this section, yo! lol

should we set a number? stick with the 1000 posts of so? 50 pages?
something we can discuss for community at least since we run this section, yo! lol
Yeah, I've just been doing it whenever I notice they've gone over a thousand (and they're usually well over 1000 by the time I notice, lol).

Also, I just noticed they fixed the color scheme on the sub-header menu bar. Huzzah! Now if only they could fix the buttons so that "Watched Threads" is always up there. The "2017 SuperheroHype Awards" and "Hype-Time Achievement Committee" never need their own buttons. :funny:

Well hopefully they can fix the bottom tabs. It should be more visible.

wGAQgRG.jpg

Looks like someone did this. Though it could still be a bit better IMO.

But anyway I don't wanna touch anything someone's working on at the moment so I'll leave the text issue alone for now.

Will it ever be possibly to automatically mark an entire forum read if you visit it? The old board did that and it seemed a bit more convenient than having to manually mark it read.

But maybe people would prefer to do it manually, I'm not sure, just wanted to throw it out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"