RPG Application: Star Trek: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Blaze

Freethinker
Reaction score
[YT]XsxgcLf0TSY[/YT]​

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Johnny Blaze

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Yes, contact me for info if you must have it.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: The Question and Wiegeabo

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: This game will be set on the board a new Enterprise taking place ten years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis. This will be a new crew, all character created, and will be a GM run game. Though story ideas from the players are welcomed and expected. Eventually, depending on the response of those interested, starship crews and characters from other races and factions might be allowed. But, for now, it's strictly set on the new USS Enterprise.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

The year is 2389, and much has changed in the galaxy.

After the Federation's help in stopping the Reman rebel, Shinzon, and saving the Romulan Empire, a new accord was reached between the two former enemies. The Romulan High Council and the United Federation of Planets agreed to try and put an end to hostilities, beginning with allowing trade between the two cultures. Captain William T. Riker, of the USS Titan, has spearheaded the talks between the two people and was the first Federation officer to set foot on the new Federation Embassy on Romulus. Although not officially the ambassador, Riker remains the most respected Federation personality in the Romulan Empire, and is the Federation's main spokesperson to Romulus.

The Klingon Empire, under the leadership of the aging High Chancellor Martok, has been vocally against this new partnership. While maintaining their alliance with the Federation, the Klingons have slowly drawn back into a reclusive shell, leading some in the Federation to believe that the warrior race may once more return to it's old ways of conquest and war. The Klingon's Supreme General, and former Federation Ambassador, Worf, is torn between his past with the Federation, and his new life among his people. Though he still has many ties to the United Federation of Planets, Worf will do what is necessary to protect the Empire's honor and it's people, even if it means going to war with old friends.

After their heavy losses at the end of the Dominion War, the Cardassians have become a fraction of what they once were. Over 800 million lives were lost on Cardassia alone, and the once proud people, staring uncertainty in the face, have been forced to seek aid from the Federation and Klingon Empire. With the tensions growing between the Federation and the Klingons, the Cardassians have remained neutral as they quietly keep a sharp eye on how those tensions evolve. They know that one day, they may be forced to take a side, so they are secretly rebuilding their defenses and armada to prepare for that day.

The Dominion still remains at peace with the races and factions of the Alpha Quadrant, but it is a shaky peace as there remains many on both sides who still are bitter and resentful of the other after the end of the Dominion War. The Dominion's presence in the Alpha Quadrant is relegated to a single embassy on the space station, DS-9, with their empire in the Gamma Quadrant still intact. Former DS-9 security chief Odo, after having rejoined his fellow Changelings, has been the one trying desperately to keep the peace between the Federation and the Dominion, and has finally convinced his fellow Founders to allow a United Federation of Planets delegation into the Gamma Quadrant to dissuade their fears of another Dominion attack.

The Borg have remained hidden in the Delta Quadrant, but many believe it is only a matter of time before the race once again finds it's way back to the Alpha Quadrant, and once more attempts to assimilate the galaxy. A small Borg faction, led by the Borg known as Hugh, resides on a remote planet in the Alpha Quadrant, and is no longer one with the Collective. Unlike the rest of their race, these Borgs prize their individuality, and, in the year 2387, they were permitted entrance into the United Federation of Planets, with the blessings of Captain Data, who was brought back by Geordi La Forge by downloading Data's memories into the body of the prototype android, B-4.
Hugh and the Borg do not assimilate other species like their counterparts do. Instead, with the help of their liaison, Data, they have spent their time liberating drones from the Borg Collective, making them hated traitors in the eyes of the Borg Queen and their species.

With this being a perilous time for the Federation, Admiral Jean Luc-Picard has ordered the commission of a new line of star ships, having a personal hand in the creation of a brand new USS Enterprise. The brand new Enterprise-F is the most advanced ship in the Federation, and is the first Federation ship to legally use cloaking technology after an accord was reached with the Romulans. Being a high ranking and influential official in the Federation, Admiral Picard has personally set out to hand pick the crew of this new Enterprise from some of the finest officers in all of Star Fleet.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): Something that has been missing, a Star Trek RPG.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Star Trek: The Final Frontier RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Character Name:

Race (Human, Ferengi, Klingon, Romulan, Bajoran, etc):

Rank and Position (First Officer, Doctor, Security Chief, Bartender, etc):

Brief Back Story on Your Character:

Character Personality (list a brief description of their traits, morals, etc):

Description of Your Character's Appearance (or simply post a picture if you're able):

Color and Font of Your Character's Speech:

What Can You Bring To This Game:

How Often Do You Plan on Posting in a Week For This Game:

Sample Post (Must be at least 4 paragraphs long and contain two lines of dialogue from your character):

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I have a huge ***** now?

Didn't figure your for a trekkie, JB.

I might be interested. Or not :ninja:

Is it wrong that I have a huge ***** now?

No, that is perfectly natural. But, if it lasts for more than an hour, make sure you call a hooker immediately.

Didn't figure your for a trekkie, JB.

I might be interested. Or not :ninja:

Yeah, I grew up on the Trek, so I'm a big Trekkie.

For this game, I'd love to at least get a good, core cast of at least six or seven players to make up a command crew for the Enterprise. Anything beyond that is ****. :up:

I would love to give this a shot, but like I told you on MSN earlier today, Blaze, I've got my hands full with juggling the characters that I already have.

I would love to give this a shot, but like I told you on MSN earlier today, Blaze, I've got my hands full with juggling the characters that I already have.

No worries. Hopefully, if this game ever gets off the ground, you'd be able to join up later if you have the extra time. :up:

I'll probably join up but drop out half way through.

We know you're just going to tease us, and yet we let you do it anyway...:(

So, Wieg, I take it you're interested?

If that's the case, you could always play the red shirt who gets killed on away missions. :up:

iyq88w.jpg

Okay, so...Wieg, Byrd...should I put you two down as in if this game gets going?

Here's a question. Is there room for existing characters, or does the crew have to be completely new. For example, the prequel comics explaining how Nero and Spock went back in time had Data as Captain of the Enterprise (although that might have been the E). And I'm thinking of one character from the books that would probably be a blast to play.

This makes WAY more sense than the space RPG I made. I'm a little embarrassed. The only gripe I would have with this is my persona desire to free rome the Star Trek universe from a non-starfleet perspective. But then you don't want the chaos that would naturally ensue from that before you've been established for a while. If I were to sign up for this, I'd be down for playing a gruff, enlisted security officer who was a sniper for a commando unit (and due to the deaths of a few people, the eventual de facto leader) who transfered from the Starfleet Marine Corps to the regular naval service to have a slightly less violent career (but worked very hard to get the enterprise spot because he still doesn't want things to be boring), still keeps his collection of ketracel white tubes harvested from Jem'Hadar bodies during the war in his quarters, and has about ten times the amount of experience than most of the senior staff shy of the captain. I'd want this character for two reasons. One: If Star Trek has been bad at anything, it's portraying the simple fact that enlisted grunts make up the backbone of any military, and the higher ranking non-officers (in Starfleet's case, a Senior-Chief Petty Officer) are often looked to for advice by younger officers in combat situations simply because they have a lot more experience than the Ensign fresh out of the academy. Ultimately, this is a type of character rarely seen in Star Trek who would be fun to play. Two: Since he's not a member of the command staff and not a huge player, he can be quietly written out of the story in case my notoriously short attention span starts

Chief O'Brien is the poster boy for the Non-Coms. His experience is always deferred to by the punks. Whether it's tactical, engineering, or plain ol' soldiering due to his involvement in the Cardassian War.

Plus he's one of the few actors to span two shows.

As you can tell, I'm a big Chief O'Brien fan. :D

:ST::ST::ST:

Chief O'Brien is the poster boy for the Non-Coms. His experience is always deferred to by the punks. Whether it's tactical, engineering, or plain ol' soldiering due to his involvement in the Cardassian War.

Plus he's one of the few actors to span two shows.

As you can tell, I'm a big Chief O'Brien fan. :D

:ST::ST::ST:

Chief O'Biran is fantabulous. I love how Nog followed his every order right up into the final season, even though by the end Nog significantly outranked him. Unfortunately, he's the exception as opposed to the rule.

Here's a question. Is there room for existing characters, or does the crew have to be completely new. For example, the prequel comics explaining how Nero and Spock went back in time had Data as Captain of the Enterprise (although that might have been the E). And I'm thinking of one character from the books that would probably be a blast to play.
Yeah, sure. If you want to play an existing character that could be part of the Enterprise crew (whether from show or from books) you may do so. Just keep in mind that Data, Picard, Worf, and Riker are already placed elsewhere in the opening summary.

I'm interested. Put me down as the new ship's helmsman if/when this thing gets going.

Right on. And that reminds me...

So we all don't step on each others toes, I think it's best to say what rank we'd be going for.
I'm shooting for captain, Byrd's going for helmsman, and Q wants to be a security officer. Or is it head of security you wish to be, Q?

This makes WAY more sense than the space RPG I made. I'm a little embarrassed. The only gripe I would have with this is my persona desire to free rome the Star Trek universe from a non-starfleet perspective. But then you don't want the chaos that would naturally ensue from that before you've been established for a while. If I were to sign up for this, I'd be down for playing a gruff, enlisted security officer who was a sniper for a commando unit (and due to the deaths of a few people, the eventual de facto leader) who transfered from the Starfleet Marine Corps to the regular naval service to have a slightly less violent career (but worked very hard to get the enterprise spot because he still doesn't want things to be boring), still keeps his collection of ketracel white tubes harvested from Jem'Hadar bodies during the war in his quarters, and has about ten times the amount of experience than most of the senior staff shy of the captain. I'd want this character for two reasons. One: If Star Trek has been bad at anything, it's portraying the simple fact that enlisted grunts make up the backbone of any military, and the higher ranking non-officers (in Starfleet's case, a Senior-Chief Petty Officer) are often looked to for advice by younger officers in combat situations simply because they have a lot more experience than the Ensign fresh out of the academy. Ultimately, this is a type of character rarely seen in Star Trek who would be fun to play. Two: Since he's not a member of the command staff and not a huge player, he can be quietly written out of the story in case my notoriously short attention span starts

Yeah, I thought about just allowing everyone to play anybody throughout the STU and such, but then most of the players would be spread out across the galaxy, and there'd be alot of solo arcs going on. Since I'm a big believer in that good character interaction can keep a game going strong, I wanted to avoid that.
So, I decided to start it off as just the Enterprise crew.

I would love for this game to generate enough interest to where I'd feel comfortable opening it up. Then I could make it cool to get a second character and play my Tal Shiar super spy. :up:

D'oh! I had a Captain in mind too.

Time for a rethink... *plots*

Also, I'd like to have at least one AGM. So, if any of you *******s are interested, let me know. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"