Rate and discuss the new layout

Yeah I do have Adblock but that problem still remains. There shouldn't be maleware ads regardless on a big site like this.

Whoa. That's pretty bad then. Could you screenshot them?

Could be any word, considering almost nothing works. Say, "Parker"?

I just tried (in my phone as opposed to my laptop earlier) searching keywords from recent posts and it got results, but only those recent ones, not the several pages that you got w searches in the old layout. Maybe the new function is limited to recent material only, then. Or maybe we need to give it more time. I appreciate the help in any case.
Huh, you're right. It only goes back so far. Weirdly I can get threads you've started much further back, but not posts. Hopefully this is something they're still working on or @SniperHF and @Buffaloed can talk to the BTS tech folks about.

Would be nice if we had a "love" post in addition to the "like" one but I know that is impractical and unncessary.

Pardon me, but is there an answer to this question?
How come I can only include one link in my signature now? :confused:
The Batman line I added after the xenoforo upgrade and was allowed to keep all the links, but now I'm expected to only have one link in my signature. WHY??? :waa:

I guess threads do not get locked and new ones start anymore? I see some threads have over 100 pages one had 106 one has 113 etc.

I guess threads do not get locked and new ones start anymore? I see some threads have over 100 pages one had 106 one has 113 etc.
Yeah Thread Manager's gone. But we mods will start to close threads and start new ones when it seems about time.

EDIT: and thanks for the reminder because the JL lounge was well past due, lol.

Last edited:
As someone who was not here from the "old days" I have to ask what was the antipathy to the Thread Manager feature?

As someone who was not here from the "old days" I have to ask what was the antipathy to the Thread Manager feature?
Before thread manager, threads would go on and on without being locked so you had all your history right there in the thread you were posting in. Now that threads need to be locked to stop them getting too big and keep the forum running smoothly, thread manager would be preferable to mods needing to waste time manually doing it for every large thread. But when thread manager first came in it was just seen as the destroyer of long and classic threads.

Before thread manager, threads would go on and on without being locked so you had all your history right there in the thread you were posting in. Now that threads need to be locked to stop them getting too big and keep the forum running smoothly, thread manager would be preferable to mods needing to waste time manually doing it for every large thread. But when thread manager first came in it was just seen as the destroyer of long and classic threads.

I see... Hmm...

WearyThoroughGentoopenguin-small.gif

Also he ruined polls. Ruined them!!!
His actions were seen as merely unconventional, worrisome and unnecessarily cruel, until the poll-desecration started.
This was of course unforgivable to the townsfolk. They took up arms and laid him to waste.

I'm not sure we still need to lock threads anymore past a certain number but it is tradition and people have the opposite concern of the history of a thread being that it's too much to read up on. Or something. There isn't a real reason to lock threads before x-number but it doesn't harm anything either.

Still waiting to be able to view threads with the newest posts first!

I'm not sure we still need to lock threads anymore past a certain number but it is tradition and people have the opposite concern of the history of a thread being that it's too much to read up on. Or something. There isn't a real reason to lock threads before x-number but it doesn't harm anything either.
Oh maybe it's not needed any more. That didn't even cross my mind for some reason. Would save some mod man-hours if so.

Still waiting to be able to view threads with the newest posts first!
I use "Recent Activity" for that, although it includes other stuff like likes and avatar changes (hardly ever though) too.

I use "Recent Activity" for that, although it includes other stuff like likes and avatar changes (hardly ever though) too.
I just want it like it used to be. Open a thread and the most recent post is right there at the top and the get older going down the page.

I just want it like it used to be. Open a thread and the most recent post is right there at the top and the get older going down the page.
Do you mean a thread or a forum board? In a thread the most recent post has always been at the bottom of the page for me. Like I am replying to you now with my reply box directly below your post at the bottom of my page as it's the most recent post.

This is how it always was for me, too. I didn't even know that other way was a thing, lol.

This is how it always was for me, too. I didn't even know that other way was a thing, lol.
It does actually sound quite useful as the first thing I do when clicking on a new thread is scroll to the bottom and then start reading back. Would take a while to break that habit of instantly scrolling though after all these years lol.

Do you mean a thread or a forum board? In a thread the most recent post has always been at the bottom of the page for me. Like I am replying to you now with my reply box directly below your post at the bottom of my page as it's the most recent post.
With the old forum, I had it set where the most recent post was at the top. So, like in this thread, when I opened it, this post would be at the top of page 1 instead of the bottom of page 48.

With the old forum, I had it set where the most recent post was at the top. So, like in this thread, when I opened it, this post would be at the top of page 1 instead of the bottom of page 48.
You are some crazy sorcerer! I wish I'd known about that 13 years ago. I'd love to know if that's possible with this new forum code too in that case. Will have a look through the settings.

You are some crazy sorcerer! I wish I'd known about that 13 years ago. I'd love to know if that's possible with this new forum code too in that case. Will have a look through the settings.
I've been asking about it since the change. Nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"