Superman Returns Rate Kevin Spacey's performance as Lex Luthor

DaRkVeNgeanCe said:
He was definetly brilliant, touch of Gene Hackman but more evil and devious!! Perfect for the role, great performance!! Thumbs up!

I agree with you %100:up:

you need these polls on relevant forums. This one's just full of groupies who are on SR's cock!

Spacey was good, but his script gave us no room to see him actually do anything that anyother actor couldn't do.

The only problem I had with his performance was that it was too campy for someone who's suppose to be mad as hell, but that really wasn't Spacey's fault.

Spacy was good as Luthor. Yeah I do want the lex from the comics or the Animated JL or Superman, but the film was trying to stay in the world that the previous films set up. I though Spacey was great, and he was better then Hackman in my opinion playing Lex. Not that Hackman was bad, he was good, but Spacey's Lex was a mix of the Gene Hackman version with a little of the ruthless lex sprinkled in. I hate Lex had no real plot, it would have actually been nice if him and henchmen got some of the Kryptonian technology, like say a Battle suit. As i've said about Singer and his crew is that they don't have the imagination for this material. WB didn't want to hugh a profile director. Alex Proyas would have been a good pick.

casketmouth said:
you need these polls on relevant forums. This one's just full of groupies who are on SR's cock!

Spacey was good, but his script gave us no room to see him actually do anything that anyother actor couldn't do.

Amen! Another bad thing was that Supes and Lex had no interaction between them. They met up and the scene between them is about 2 minuates.

Lex should be Lex not the crappy real estate agent madman, wow thats a villain.:o So he created Supes planet again. Big deal. Hackman sucked as Lex and Spacey could have been great. Lex shouldn't be that funny but apparently thats the defination of villainly in the Superman movies.

I think Lex SEEMS funny, but he has his own kind of humor, kind of a sick humor. I didn't like Hackman's Lex either, but Kevin did a fantastic job, because in one second he was apparently funny (as I mentioned, in Lex' humor) and in the next he was kinda scary. Can't really describe it, but Kevin's Lex had always the two feelings (fun and scare) in one moment. That's what I really like about this characterisation :)

Spaceys Lex was awful I completely hated that confused, bland performance.

bump

so i just started watching House of Cards and Kevin Spacey is playing Frank Underwood how he should have played Lex Luthor

Spacey plays Frank as a charismatic and manipulative SOB that really pulls everyone's strings

i understand that Singer was going for another Gene Hackman Luthor, but today's Lex that most of us are all familiar with is more Frank Underwood

I liked his Lex personally, thought he was one damn evil bastard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"