The Amazing Spider-Man RATE The Amazing Spider-Man. NO Discussions

4/10 – Decent at best, big disappointment.

7.5/10. The First half was brilliant, but it becomes really rocky once the Lizard threat gets going.

8/10.
Enjoyed it very much, but think Raimi's 1 & 2 were a bit better for me.

10/10

They got it right. 2002 film I was just happy he was finally on the big screen, and could look past almost everything wrong (including the driving force "It's a story about a girl").

Favorite moment in 2002 film was S-M dropping MJ off on top of the building. I almost wept. Still first film 8/10, and for a comic book first fan like me over time it's really a 7/10 for being so off.

But this film was S-M comics brought to life for me, including how the Lizard was first conceived (intelligent). Awesome.

37 years old and been reading S-M comics since 1981 thanks to my older brother. S-M comics were my #1 hobby during the 80's and early 90's.

7.7/10 rounded to an 8/10 for the poll. Just didn't hit all the right notes with me.

8/10

A strong 8. Not perfect but above average,

9/10

Enjoyed it more the second time and far better than the "Raimi trilogy."

9/10

The movie's greatest strength was its realistic dialogue. Never once did it feel like actors were reciting from a script, but it felt like real conversation. Martin Sheen's Uncle Ben was great, and his death held even more emotional weight than the later death of Captain Stacy. The romance between Gwen and Peter was well done: they had reasons to be attracted to one another (Gwen saw a valiant and intelligent person in Peter, and that he was a superhero/vigilante/bad boy played a part; Peter saw a beautiful and intelligent female in Gwen to whom he could relate, both sharing a passion for science). Connors/Lizard had a nice arc going, though I wish he would've done more as the antagonist.

Last but not least, Peter Parker. He was likable. He was the guy you see in a modern high school that's an awkward guy, sort of a misfit, but good underneath. His character development from that awkward teen into a responsible man and superhero was great.

I voted 7 because the film was butchered. If I would ever see the original cut I would give it a strong 9.

As a film. 7/10
As a Superhero film. 9/10
As a Spider Man film 9.5/10

Almost perfect Spidey film for me.

It's a 7.8 for me
I'd have to vote 8 on this list if it was still open

TASM & SM2 - 8
SM1 - 7
SM3 - 4

I expect the sequels to only get better.

NO DISCUSSION in this thread. It's in the thread title. Please follow the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"