The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdbfan

Avenger
Reaction score
I made an identical thread in The Dark Knight Rises section when the news, videos, and set pictures thread started to become inundated with things that weren't the former.

This thread will be to discuss any general musings that one has in relation to this film and speculation that one might have in regards to TASM.

This will hopefully clean up other threads that are constantly barraged with off topic discussions.

With all that said this thread isn't meant to be for gloating or hating on any previous live action adaptations. Any objective (Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts) comparisons are bound to happen but please try to avoid the usual "Raimi films are better/Webb films will be better" argumentative type postings. Nothing ever positive comes out of that and leads to an array of constant bickering which has nothing to do with the movie at hand.

This worked out quite nicely in the TDKR section and will hopefully work for the best in this section as well. :)

Happy postings. :up:

Remember the rumors about that guy from High School Musical to star as Spider-Man and there were so many Spider-Man the Musical Movie jokes? Would those still come out if he was still selected to be Spider-Man and the trailer came out?

Personally I don't think Zac Efron is all that bad of an actor so I would have still watched the movie regardless.

But he could never believably play an outsider role like Peter Parker. Garfield works because while he is far from being ugly he can still play the eccentric and misunderstood teenager that Peter Parker is.

I forgot the name of that guy, and I have no clue how he performs, never watched any of his work

He's not a bad actor, he just needs to pick better work.

Zac Efron is an okay actor, but I wouldn't support this movie the way I am now if he was cast as Peter Parker. Who you cast as your main characters says a lot about what kind of movie you're making.

^Why not? We haven't seen him play a character like Peter Parker, so why so quick to judge that he wouldn't be able to...?

^Why not? We haven't seen him play a character like Peter Parker, so why so quick to judge that he wouldn't be able to...?

I've seen him in stuff outside of the High School Musical movies and he hasn't given me any indication he could handle the kind of Peter Parker the filmmakers SEEM to be going for in this movie.

I think it's better when movies like this always go with a relatively unknown or at least someone on the fringes of stardom, that way u don't see the persona u see the character they're playing. I always felt the Efron thing was an Internet rumor that had no basis but had he been cast it'd be hard to see Peter Parker and not zac Efron, although he is a cool actor when given good material

I think it's better when movies like this always go with a relatively unknown or at least someone on the fringes of stardom, that way u don't see the persona u see the character they're playing. I always felt the Efron thing was an Internet rumor that had no basis but had he been cast it'd be hard to see Peter Parker and not zac Efron, although he is a cool actor when given good material

Agreed. :)

You're right, perception is a huge factor.

Now was that for real or just something some silly people started because of the whole "high school=twilight" issue? I never recall any casting story from credited sites bringing his name up. I could b wrong tho

He wasn't.

These were the final guys in the screen test for the role of Parker/Spidey:

Jamie Bell (King Kong, Jumper)

Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)

Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass)

Andrew Garfield (The Social Network),

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief)

Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro)

Forgot to list him. Yeah Josh Hutcherson was another candidate.

Why create this new thread since the mod cleaned up the other one?

Why create this new thread since the mod cleaned up the other one?

Because we'd rather not have a few pages of meaningful discussion deleted because a mod thought it wasn't related to the thread topic. >.>

I have a feeling that everyone is kind of afraid to post anything in that thread.

Because we'd rather not have a few pages of meaningful discussion deleted because a mod thought it wasn't related to the thread topic. >.>

You guys seem to be taking what the mod did too hard on yourselves. I said what I said regarding that specific topic, but I understand WHY the mod deleted those comments and what not as we were getting off topic. And to even get off topic on the very first page. It's no reason to be upset with the mod or try to even justify of why he should've kept those replies, but since those are now gone and deleted, we could've gone back to the topic of The Amazing Spider-Man, thus...this thread isn't needed, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"