Rate the Batman movies

Its a pitiful joke that people have rated the Burton/Scumacher Batman movies even close to The Nolan Batman films.lol.

Batman 1989 - 7/10
Batman Returns - 7/10
Batman Forever - 8/10
Batman and Robin - 1/10
Batman Begins - 9.5/10
The Dark Knight - 9/10

Its a pitiful joke that people have rated the Burton/Scumacher Batman movies even close to The Nolan Batman films.lol.

Why? Theyre different takes on the mythology, theyre not aiming for the same thing. Perhaps people like both fantasy and realism? Perhaps people like either the Gothic portrayal, the Pop portrayal or Realistic portrayal more or all of them? I dont see why people cant enjoy Kane's Batman or the Modern Age Batman at the same time. Many here can have a cake and eat it too. I cant comment on Schumacher's movies, but Burton's are held in a very high regard by Nolan, Goyer and Bale and rightfully so. And btw, almost no one rated Schumacher's movies high

Your comment about someone else having a "pitiful" and "joke of an opinion" just because they like other things is really disturbing. I keep SHH in high regard because of all the intelligent and articulated and knowledgeable people here. Its been a while since Ive read a comment as ignorant and as immature and disrespectful

Last edited:
Batman 89: 9/10
Batman Returns: 8/10
Batman Forever: 7/10
Batman and Robin: 2/10
Batman Begins: 9/10
The Dark Knight: 7/10
Batman '66: 7/10
MOTP: 9/10
Subzero: 7/10
Under the Red Hood: 8/10
Gotham Knights: 6/10
BTAS season 1-2: 10/10
BTAS season 3: 9/10
BTAS season 4: 8.5/10

Last edited:

If you're gonna make a bull$h*t statement like that, then back it up.

For me personally, the reason I can't put Nolan's films above Burton's is because of Christian Bale. To me, he does not portray what and who I think Batman is. I prefer the tortured, bizarre version played by Keaton. It makes sense to me that the man would behave that way in the "real" world. I also prefer Burton's macabre sense & tone to his films, which is missing from Nolan's "realistic" take. Burton's Batman is more of a scary gothic creature of the night... whereas Nolan's is more of the kickarse, martial artist version of Batman. Both are viable... it just depends on which you prefer.

I will however agree with you in one aspect, and that's that the Schumacher films don't come close to ranking with Burton's or Nolan's films.

True!

Everybody knows Burton bat-movies are much above Nolans. :joker:

The ones I've seen with ranking.

1. The Dark Knight (10/10)
2. Batman Begins (8/10)
3. Batman Returns (7/10)
4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (7/10)
5. Batman 89' (6/10)
6. Batman Forever (4/10)
7. Batman & Robin (2/10)

1. Batman Begins - 8.5/10
2. Mask of the Phantasm - 8/10
3. Batman (1989) - 8/10
4. Batman Returns - 8/10
5. The Dark Knight - 8/10
6. Under The Red Hood - 7.5/10
7. Return of the Joker - 7.5/10
8. Batman: The Movie (1966) - 6/10
9. Batman Forever - 4.5/10
10. Batman & Robin - 1/10

Batman Begins - 8.4/10
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - 5.9/10
Batman - 5.5/10
Batman Returns - 5/10
Batman Forever - 4.5/10
Batman & Robin - 3.1/10
TDK - 3/10

Batman Begins - 8.4/10
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - 5.9/10
Batman - 5.5/10
Batman Returns - 5/10
Batman Forever - 4.5/10
Batman & Robin - 3.1/10
TDK - 3/10

I think TDK is overrated, but putting B&R ahead of it is flat-out silly. Then again, I think putting a mediocre sequel like IM2 ahead of all Batman movies ever made is also silly. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I think TDK is overrated, but putting B&R ahead of it is flat-out silly.

B&R was awful, but still didn't ignite hatred in me. TDK did and that's why I rank it lower. Only 2 superhero films in my life have managed that odious feat. AngHulk is the other and if it's any consolation, TDK is better than AngHulk(I'd give that one a 2/10).

Then again, I think putting a mediocre sequel like IM2 ahead of all Batman movies ever made is also silly. :oldrazz:

Well we just agree to disagree then as I thought it was far from mediocre. You're Batman fan, I'm not. It's just the way it goes.

Well we just agree to disagree then as I thought it was far from mediocre. You're Batman fan, I'm not. It's just the way it goes.

I can objectively state that IM2 is a more boring movie than a lot of other stuff I've seen in the superhero genre or the action genre. And I recently gave it a second chance, but the thing was every bit as boring as I remembered from the first viewing. I loved the first Iron Man movie. The second one just wasn't up to snuff.

I can objectively state that IM2 is a more boring movie than a lot of other stuff I've seen in the superhero genre or the action genre. And I recently gave it a second chance, but the thing was every bit as boring as I remembered from the first viewing. I loved the first Iron Man movie. The second one just wasn't up to snuff.

There's nothing objective about that statement. To think otherwise is to be selling something. And I'm not in a mood to purchase.

Agreed. IM2 was woeful.

B&R was awful, but still didn't ignite hatred in me. TDK did and that's why I rank it lower. Only 2 superhero films in my life have managed that odious feat. AngHulk is the other and if it's any consolation, TDK is better than AngHulk(I'd give that one a 2/10).

So what you don't like is the comic book movies that are made by some of the best directors.
i liked ang lee's hulk

So what you don't like is the comic book movies that are made by some of the best directors.
i liked ang lee's hulk

Best directors? I disagree. They may be good with some movies(Batman Begins is the only Batman ANYTHING I've ever liked and it was a Nolan movie). Can't say anything good about Ang Lee. With the lone exception of Hulk, he makes movies that utterly hold no interest for me. And when he DID try to make a movie in a genre I like he turned out the worst film I've ever seen in said genre.

Best directors? I disagree. They may be good with some movies(Batman Begins is the only Batman ANYTHING I've ever liked and it was a Nolan movie). Can't say anything good about Ang Lee. With the lone exception of Hulk, he makes movies that utterly hold no interest for me. And when he DID try to make a movie in a genre I like he turned out the worst film I've ever seen in said genre.
Not liking the other genres of his other movies doen't make his other movies BAD Movies, brockeback mountain won a lot of praise for example, it doesn't hold a lot of interest to me but that doesn't make it a bad movie

Not liking the other genres of his other movies doen't make his other movies BAD Movies, brockeback mountain won a lot of praise for example, it doesn't hold a lot of interest to me but that doesn't make it a bad movie

I never passed judgment on any of those films by calling them good or bad. I didn't see them because they were utterly disinteresting to me. I disagreed with the assertion of his status as one of the best directors, because when I actually DID see one of his movies it was horrible.

There's nothing objective about that statement. To think otherwise is to be selling something. And I'm not in a mood to purchase.

I mean objectively in the sense that Batman has zilch to do with my opinion on IM2. Compared to other Marvel movies such as IM1, X1, X2, X:FC, TIH, SM1, and SM2, it's pretty mediocre. Even when taking Batman out of the conversation, IM2 is certainly not the worst I've seen in the genre but it's a giant "meh."

Last edited:
Batman 9/10
Batman returns 6/10
Batman Forever 7/10
Batman and Robin 5/10

Batman begins 10/10
The Dark Knight 9/10

Live-Action:
Batman:The Movie(60's)-8/10
Batman'89 - 10/10
Batman Returns - 9.5/10
Batman Forever - 6/10