Jessica Jones How would you rate season 1 of Jessica Jones?

Eh. It's kinda difficult to actually give a rating but for comparison's sake, when Daredevil came out I actively told people who didn't know about it to watch it as soon as they could. I don't really feel the same way about Jessica Jones.

8/10

Show was really good. Loved Ritter, Colter, & Tennsnt. Great performances. Loved the crime thriller aspect.

I thought it dragged on 2 episodes too long to get to Jessica/Killgrave's final confrontation. Simpson's story line should've been left out. Hated his character & story.

DD still in the top spot for me. Now, looking forward to Cage!

7.5/10,I rounded it up and gave it an 8 though
Same here. I really enjoyed it as a whole, but I had a lot of issues with it. Killgrave didn't really scare and disturb me as much as he could have. I'm not exactly sure why that was.

A solid 9, since I think it stuck the landing in a way that was better than the last two episodes and especially the finale of DD, which, just felt strange and rushed in many ways, a slight letdown that the episode with DD in the full costume is my least favorite one.

Still, I think the highest praise I can give JJ was that for 13 episodes it managed an excellence of execution that some even legendary TV and cable programs couldn't. This was LOST at it's best level stuff. I just again want to say that the quality of this show was separate from the tone, or the content. It was good because it WAS GOOD. The dialog was sharp, the actors with once exception were all totally engaging, and the production values, despite what some in this thread are saying, were very good, in the least it blows away most of the super hero TV stuff many fans gush over. Ritter and Tenant were outstanding but the supporting cast was also quite good and given good material to work with. I was also refreshing to see such a female centric show that was based off of a comic book property. All in all, a grand accomplishment with a lot of guts in doing things the way they did.

I really enjoyed Mike Colter as Luke. He IS the character now, in the same way that Evans is Cap and RDJ is Tony Stark.

8-8.5/10

Everything beside what I dislike is excellent, including the seclusive person making sure nobody likes her, and the horror villain in a Marvel show.
And I won't say what I don't like.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Mike Colter as Luke. He IS the character now, in the same way that Evans is Cap and RDJ is Tony Stark.

Seeing his performance here has definitely got me excited for the Luke Cage Netflix show that I believe comes out next year :up:

I rate it at a solid 8-8.5/10.

Season 1 was very good, and the performances by Ritter and Tennant were great. However, I think there were just too many over-developed subplots and characters that didn't need to be there. I think the some of the turning points in the third act of the season got a little contrived and overwrought. I think Daredevil managed to have a tighter storyline. Or at least more focused with where it was going throughout the season.

8.5/10 from me, as well.

Overall, it was a very strong and enjoyable season. Like Daredevil, it dragged a little bit around the mid-point of the season. I also felt things became a little repetitive at some points, but I burned the whole season in a week and I'd love to see more. The highlight for me was what they did with Kilgrave all season. THAT is how you create a formidable villain.

Also, Krysten Ritter IS Jessica Jones. I love her.

aNarcHy2day summed it up perfectly, it's a good series but not a must watch like Daredevil, probably because it was more of a personal story than the action thriller Daredevil was, also Matt Murdock was more likeable

But I am happy they are trying different things rather than following the blueprint of Daredevil

Also Jessica Jones is the first and only Marvel franchise for which people are not cribbing about feminism and minority representation and that's an achievement in itself :D

I started watching Daredevil when it first came out but stopped about 3 eps in...is it much better than JJ?

Dude. You live in a (I assume) free country. What you watch or don't watch is up to you. In my humble opinion it's (DD) is the best comicbook superhero TV show yet. That's isn't saying all that much but it is what it is.

Ahh was that directed at me? I was just asking if people rated DD over JJ. Im confused now

Solid 9/10

Flash > Jessica Jones > iZombie > Daredevil > Arrow > Supergirl > Powers > Agent Carter > Agents of SHIELD > Gotham

We'll see where Preacher, Legends of Tomorrow, and Lucifer fit into the rankings soon.

Ahh was that directed at me? I was just asking if people rated DD over JJ. Im confused now

Eh. I read my comment back and I probably came across a bit too snarky. Sorry for that.

I may have also misunderstood you a bit. I thought you were saying that since you left DD you didn't think it was any better than JJ. (Pardon the short forms. :))

To answer your actual question, as I said somewhere before too- I actively advertised DD when it came out to people who didn't know of it. I won't be doing that for JJ. But it's obviously highly subjective.

Sorry again.

I honestly don't understand the love for this one note and dreary series filled with no character depth and limited entertainment value.

4/10 maybe 5/10 being kind.

The writing seemed terribly juvenile despite the extremely adult content. It’s like you could see each page and the writer struggling to form it all together as scenes unfolded. That’s always a sign of bad writing and bad overall structure.

I'd rate it 7, solid show but nothing spectacular.

10/10 Loved the series. It's basically a tossup between this show and Daredevil for me. The characters were great, the story was strong, and the writing and acting were excellent.

6/10.

Marvel have yet to give us a female super hero who can head her own show. Jessica Jones may have had super powers but there was nothing heroic about her. There was little in the way of character development for Jessica. Luke Cage called her a piece of **** and she still was a piece of **** by the end of S1. The series even starts with her as a PI in a dingy little office and ends with her as a PI in the same dingy little office, the only difference is she now has a side kick.

Pretty sure the story very purposefully avoided Jessica "changing" (although I would argue she did) and instead making it about her recovery from trauma. The message being that rape isn't something that only happens to good girls who never drink or go out with guys or wear tight clothing and PTSD can happen to even the toughest, most unemotional badass. Jessica spent the entire time before the show begins believing that Kilgrave was dead and yet isolating herself, living in fear. By the end she has allowed others to get close, to help her, and she's stopped running away but instead steps up to face her issues. It may not seem like a journey but if you've been with someone going through it or done it yourself it can be a hell of a long one.

That dingy little office may look the same from first to last episode, but in the end there is at least one person inside that believes Jessica Jones is a hero, and even if that person isn't Jessica herself it's a hell of a change.

9/10 I really enjoyed this and hope they come back for more. Loved the actress and also loved the fact that Netflixed dubbed it in so many languages. Way to go!

The actress is the highlight for sure.

She adds at least 2 points to the score. :hrt:

She didn't need to change to become a hero. Part of the point of the show was revealing that, underneath the trauma and cynicism and guilt and self-loathing, she not only *is* a hero, she always was one.

No she wasn't. Luke Cage called her a piece of s*** and she still was a piece of s*** at the end of the series. No real character development.

She didn't need to change to become a hero. Part of the point of the show was revealing that, underneath the trauma and cynicism and guilt and self-loathing, she not only *is* a hero, she always was one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"