Rate the teaser trailer!

Isildur´s Heir;35105193 said:
As i posted in another thread:

Everything looked extremely cheesy.
The lettering with the all 80s feeling, the music in the same vein as GotG, the all cutting of Thor's hair, the friend from work line.......really bad.
Not only is the comedy line stupid coming from Thor, but....a friend from work....really...his Thor and Hulk working on an assembly line now?!?
And the less i talk about Thor's reaction to Hulk the better...the idea that a Norse God shouts "yeah" the moment he sees a "friend from work" is really....really....really...awful.

I hope it gets better, or it will make Thor 2 looks like a masterpiece.
5FbXqpB.gif

I loved the content, but didn't think the music really fit and cinematography used too much slo-mo and uninspired angles. 8.75, thus 9.

The lettering with the all 80s feeling, the music in the same vein as GotG, the all cutting of Thor's hair, the friend from work line.......really bad.
Not only is the comedy line stupid coming from Thor, but....a friend from work....really...his Thor and Hulk working on an assembly line now?!?
And the less i talk about Thor's reaction to Hulk the better...the idea that a Norse God shouts "yeah" the moment he sees a "friend from work" is really....really....really...awful.

IA with your sentiments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_to_happiness

lunapic_132641067240856_4.gif

Pretty much what I expected Thor 3 would be under Waititi. I like the visual aesthetic (it’s cool to see something different than most sci-fi), but the tone is not what I wanted at all. For those who pointed out there were only two jokes in the trailer, for me those jokes didn’t work at all (really didn’t like Thor’s reaction to Hulk, felt very out of character and slapstick, and Hemsworth is not a great comedic actor), but beyond that the song sets the mood and it’s too fun and light for what I had in mind.

The movie is titled Ragnorak, a significant portion of it is supposed to be about the apocalyptic end of Asgard. Certainly a more heavy tone (something we’ve never gotten in a Thor film before) would be appropriate.

All that said this is just the first teaser. Iron Man 3’s trailers depicted a much darker, heavier film that what we got. Civil War’s trailers went light on the comedy even though there was a fair amount in the final film. So I’m not up in arms about the film based solely on two minutes of footage. It just didn’t have the same effect on me like it appears it did on most people (like the MCU in general). I gave it a 6/10.

I’ll probably still see this (making it the only MCU film I’ll see in theaters this year), and hopefully it’ll be an intelligent and creative movie, but it’s just not what I wanted in a Thor film. I still enjoyed Age of Ultron (for the most part) and that film most likely has a similar tone to Ragnorak, but it wouldn’t be my preference.

Interesting teaser. My initial reaction was excitement so I'll go with that. It did feel like GOTG, but it worked before so we'll see.

So the Teaser Trailer for Black Panther has dropped and it was pretty awesome.
If you had to rate it from 0 to 10 what would you rate it? And was it better than the TT for Ragnarok? Your thoughts...

You wanted people to rate the BP trailer and there's a thread dedicated to doing that. :huh:
I know there's a thread for that because i have already commented on it. Also i feel that a rating from 0 to 10 is more objective and with lesser "grey areas". I also asked another question and i thought it would be better not to have that particular "discussion" going on over there.

For myself i rated the TT for Black Panther on a 8.5 out of 10. In insight i would probably give it a solid 8 which is very good. The TT for Thor Ragnarok on the other hand was a 9.5 for me. Both are really good, BP is more of a slow burn, world building and with a strong view. TR is more energetic, bombastic and surprising... One warms you up to an idea and the other one wakes you up to it. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"