Rate The Toy Story Movies Worst To Best (Spoilers Inside)

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

Now that Toy Story 4 has been out for over a week and plenty of people have had a chance to go and see it I thought it might be interesting to see how the new one stacks up against the rest and what order you would put them from worst to best. I will start us off.

4th. Place Toy Story 3

Firstly let me I don't have kids but if I did I imagine that this would be similar to trying to pick my least favorite of my 4 children lol. None of these movies are bad in fact they are all excellent but if I had to pick one that resonated with me the least it would probably have to be number three.

3rd. Place Toy Story 4

The latest entry in the franchise proved to me yet again that I know nothing about cinema. I went in with a feeling that this was very much just a cash grab and the quality of storytelling would dip because of it but the story was excellent and all the new characters add something to that story.

2nd. Place Toy Story 2

Our second outing with the toys introduced us to the Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete and Pixar's hilarious nod to Darth Vader, Emperor Zurg. I also loved that it split the movie in to two great stories about Woody and his journey with the round up gang and the rest of the toys on a rescue mission for Woody.

1st. Place Toy Story

There is something to be said for simply being first and in my opinion anyway none that came after it have never quite made me feel the same that the original did. The story of both Woody's jealously and Buzz's delusion are timeless. It's also helped by having Sid as the villain hands down one of the creepiest kids I think id ever seen at the time.

That's my list, what's yours?

fresh off of seeing the whole series this weekend

My list would go

1. Toy Story 3 - Lotso is one the best villains for a kids movie ever and when the clown was telling his backstory pure gold

2. Toy Story 4 - Loved it Gabby Gabby was awesome and heart wrenching when the girl rejects her but that Woody ending WOW man yes man tears

3. Toy Story - the Buzz vs Woody angle was a great starting point for them

4. Toy Story 2 - good movie but didn't quite buy that Woody was part of a set of toys that he never remembered a little too far fetched lol

Easy.

Worst to Best:
Toy Story 3 (I just, I can’t even with this movie. It’s the only one in the franchise that I’ve only watched once, and have never wanted to watch again.)
Toy Story 4 (very good film, an okay conclusion to the franchise: Buzz and Jessie were robbed of proper screen time)
Toy Story (so much fun: nearly perfect)
Toy Story 2 (every character in the story has just the right amount of screen time, the trinity of Woody, Buzz and Jessie is a force to be reckoned with, the story is rich and complex, there’s sadness and humor in equal doses: this film is perfection)

Least Best to Best:

4. Toy Story 4
3. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story
1. Toy Story 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member