Toy Story 3D Double Feature on October 2nd!

Actually, the double feature is still under 3 hours long. I think that's pretty doable considering it's two films, plus an intermission. And it is so worth it! HAHA. :)

its funny how i am reading on some sites how the 3D was a gimmick in double feature. how things were flying in the screen.
its more funny because the movies are from the 90's and were not created for 3D.

just shows to methat now that the 3D is becoming big again some people will just scream gimmick without any reason.

its funny how i am reading on some sites how the 3D was a gimmick in double feature. how things were flying in the screen.
its more funny because the movies are from the 90's and were not created for 3D.

just shows to methat now that the 3D is becoming big again some people will just scream gimmick without any reason.

No it actually isn't a gimmick according to this article from Yahoo! Movies that I read. I thought this was pretty interesting information when I read this last week.

"Toy Story has always been a 3-D film, even if moviegoers never saw it that way. Computer-generated animation made the 1995 Pixar smash 3-D by design, with virtual cameras moving through a digital space, capturing the mass and dimension of each character and setting. At the time, though, theaters lacked the high-tech projectors required to show it that way, forcing filmmakers to collapse the images back down to two dimensions so the movie could play in multiplexes. More than a decade later, projection technology has caught up with CG film making, inspiring movie moguls such as Jeffrey Katzenberg, James Cameron, Peter Jackson and Pixar's John Lasseter to declare 3-D the future of film."

Just heard they're extending the theatrical 3D run. Yay! I hadn't gotten a chance to see it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"