• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

From El Mayimbe, HH:

http://heroichollywood.com/top-things-learned-visiting-set-justice-league/8/

FISHER: You guys know Ezra, right? I was in a play off Broadway playing Muhammad Ali at the New York Theatre Workshop three years ago now. And around the time, Ang Lee, one of his upcoming projects was a 3D boxing movie about Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier and he came and saw the show at that time. And I hadn’t had an agent or a manager up until that point, but once people caught word of that, they started coming to the show to see who’s this guy that people are coming to look at and from there I signed up and went out to California for a visit and met up with Lord Kennedy and Kristy Carlson from Warner Brothers and they said, “we have something that may be right for you, but we can’t tell you what it is. It’s just in the real of the Batman/Superman universe.” And I was like, “I’m done, I’m done. Sign me up. I’ll play a tree.”

FISHER: But yeah and from there, I just put something on tape for Zack while I was in New York. And we went out to Detroit and tested and it just sort of fell into place very quickly and I’m extremely grateful that it did. Coming up in the theatre and grinding for ten years, trying to make the ends meet. It was a pretty sweet payoff.

As expected, Ray Fisher will not be wearing a cumbersome costume in order to resemble Cyborg's iconic-chromed look, but will instead be using a motion capture suit equipped with two orange lights, one is over his left eye and the other one over his chest area. The lights will serve a double purpose. On the one hand, they will mimic the character's comic book design, while on the other, they will serve to illuminate the props and other characters as if he was real.

Costume designer Michael Wilkinson also revealed that Cyborg will wear civilian clothes such as a hoodie and casual pants when walking about in the world.

http://www.galacticnewsone.com/2016/06/justice-league-cyborg-will-be-mostly.html

A light on his chest area... it seems that he will have his logo after all.

Last edited:
CmAP4UjVEAEq3VZ.jpg:large

CmAQiZGUoAAx3du.jpg:large

Hmm, assuming that's not just a random date that didn't have any thought put into it, maybe he's a teen (~17) in that scene as a nod to his Teen Titans roots (maybe making him ~31 in JL).

Perhaps Vic's been in a post-transformation coma since then and the arrival of Darkseid's forces reactivates him.

Last edited:
Hmm, assuming that's not just a random date that didn't have any thought put into it, maybe he's a teen (~17) in that scene as a nod to his Teen Titans roots (maybe making him ~31 in JL).

Perhaps Vic's been in a post-transformation coma since then and the arrival of Darkseid's forces reactivates him.

That would be interesting, I wonder how old Ray Fisher is (his dob isn't on IMDB) and if that influenced the potential decision to make him older, and if that is true, then this would also square him up to be in the same generation as Dick Grayson like he normally is.

*edit - I just looked it up, Ray Fisher is 28.

You know, I'd be down with this. Imagine if for over a decade Victor has been hiding it, maybe he and Superman can relate then?

You know, I'd be down with this. Imagine if for over a decade Victor has been hiding it, maybe he and Superman can relate then?

I don't know, I think comatose might be better as if he has been a cyborg for a decade you would think he would have adjusted by now at least a little and already discovered his gun arm, him being activated by Steppenwolf's arrival would really work well as he would just be waking up and would be very shocked at the amount of time to have passed and his new state of being.

If he is in a decade+ long coma and then he wakes up in JL, I wonder how he will react to all the crazy crap that happened while he was out cold. :hmm

It would definitely make for some interesting drama.

What if he pulls a Steve Rodgers and upon waking up runs out of the room into some public place, or maybe he gets forcefed a ton of information caught up on the last 10 years and but overloads and passes out due to lack of control of his powers.

What if he pulls a Steve Rodgers and upon waking up runs out of the room into some public place, or maybe he gets forcefed a ton of information caught up on the last 10 years and but overloads and passes out due to lack of control of his powers.

Assuming this version of Cyborg is a technopath like Fisher said where he's connected to like...all data ever, the 14 years bit would just be a small fraction of the new information that Vic has to deal with.

Last edited:
If he is in a decade+ long coma and then he wakes up in JL, I wonder how he will react to all the crazy crap that happened while he was out cold. :hmm

Wait is he in decade long coma?.. Oh wait are they going with rays actual age of 28 for Cyborg?.. so that means his body was like that back when he was 18

I'm so happy that they went for the same face plate that covers half of his face he has in comics as opposed to that JL concept art.

I know there are people who don't like the outfit, but I'm not one of them. :yay: It looks much better than I expected. And I like Ray's movement in it a lot, just like some real cyborg. :woot:

Sooooo excited for JL!

His CG still needs work but with the release more than a year away not really worried about it.

Yeah, looks like CGI work isn't final. But looks cool design-wise.

This romance needs to happen:

5D1knP1.gif

tumblr_norrw5fa8c1r04g55o1_500.gif

#ShipTheBorgLove :hrt:

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"