Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

That's the opposite of what he's doing. His constant whining about how unfairly WB has been towards him, even regarding the Snyder cut, pretty much ensures they won't be rehiring him anytime soon. Most directors in cases of feeling unjust treatment are way more diplomatic about it, in order to not burn any bridges. That's how Hollywood works.

When I say "move on" I don't mean leave WB and never look back, but to accept everything that happened and be grateful for what he was lucky enough to do, not displeased and resentful for what he couldn't. Either he's tactless and he can't help himself, or he's doing it on purpose to fuel his fans and make them push for more films so that the studio is forced to offer them. Both cases show an immature stance in my book.

That's the opposite of what he's doing. His constant whining about how unfairly WB has been towards him, even regarding the Snyder cut, pretty much ensures they won't be rehiring him anytime soon. Most directors in cases of feeling unjust treatment are way more diplomatic about it, in order to not burn any bridges. That's how Hollywood works.

When I say "move on" I don't mean leave WB and never look back, but to accept everything that happened and be grateful for what he was lucky enough to do, not displeased and resentful for what he couldn't. Either he's tactless and he can't help himself, or he's doing it on purpose to fuel his fans and make them push for more films so that the studio is forced to offer them. Both cases show an immature stance in my book.
Agreed, however the only reason why I give Snyder a pass sometimes is because how professional he was throughout all of this from the release of BvS when the studio at last minute cut his film by 30 minutes to his handling of his daughter passing away and how the studio changed his movie, to the hit articles the studio put out against him and the movie to how even when AT&T finally stepped in how the studio did little to promote it. So I give Snyder a slight pass now and then but I do agree that the time is coming where he needs to say no questions about the DCEU or WB unless it is a screening party or event. With Ray I just say he needs to let it go now and move on.

Or there's validity to what he's accusing? Again..

You'd have a hard time moving on if you'd been treated like a piece of **** & saw some of the people responsible getting away with it.

Most of us go through life being treated like a piece of ****. I certainly don't spend my days on Twitter going after everyone that treated me like ****. Its not a healthy way to live and in the end Ray is only going to burn more bridges with this attitude.

It's one thing to tell your truth and stand against what you believe is an unjust and unprofessional behaviour and it's another to develop a fixation regarding this. And we're way long into the latter here.

Most of us go through life being treated like a piece of ****. I certainly don't spend my days on Twitter going after everyone that treated me like ****. Its not a healthy way to live and in the end Ray is only going to burn more bridges with this attitude.

No but I'd like to think you'd put people in their place if they treated you like **** or did something underhanded, if you never call the people who've wronged you out, they'll continue to walk over you & the next person, & the next after that.

I don't think Ray cares about burning bridges with anyone involved directly in his mistreatment or the attempt to sweep it under the rug & downplay it nor do I think he cares about burning bridges with anyone who thinks how he was treated was acceptable.
It's one thing to tell your truth and stand against what you believe is an unjust and unprofessional behaviour and it's another to develop a fixation regarding this. And we're way long into the latter here.

Yeah he should just shut up about it, that's going to help himself & the next actor/actress that comes along isn't it?

Silence fixes nothing.

I think it's fairly obvious from my posts that I never suggested that but since that's all you read there's not much point in continuing this argument.

For all the people saying Ray should move on, wouldn't the same apply to you on this specific board? Every time he says something online, if you're commenting here in criticism, then aren't you also displaying the same level of attachment to the issue?

And the answer can't be just because he is doing it publicly. That shouldn't be the difference maker for why he needs to move on and you don't. And for him, it's personal (whether you agree with how personal he's made it) and for you it's not. So why are you holding him to a different standard? Just seems strange to me.

I like that you point out that specific post and not all the others that I said it's understandable they feel injustice and that it's different for someone to make his case or speak his mind and to constantly complain and never stop whining about it. They've made their points time and again. It's beating a dead horse now. Just like our little conversation here.

So valid that it took her posting advertising Dune 8 months later for him to call her out. He’s an attention seeker.

So there's a time limit for this sort of thing otherwise it's invalid?

It took him 3 years to publicly call out Joss Whedon, 8 months is an improvement no?

It took him 3 years to publicly call out Joss Whedon, 8 months is an improvement no?

If one like Fisher claims that A>E is worth risking his "Career" then yeah there is a time limit.

The man over and over claims that it is his most important fight, that accountability is more important than anything...but then he waits 8 months to make a vague tweet and excuses himself with "I hadnt had the chance to say anything"...in 8 months?
Especially since he has support now and started to get things going, so he doesnt need to wait and think and worry if it hurts his career.

So what if he is? The more light is shed on WB's ****ty practices the better

It's cringe inducing seeing ya'll shill for corporations

The difference is the Whedon thing was the start then the train followed thereafter with him going after others but why wait all this time and then go after this particular person and when they’re promoting Dune.

Whose shilling for WB. Some of us are just not so quick to believe everything a Fisher says that especially when he have that example of Johns threatening his career and reading it you could tell he hasn’t.

maybe ask yourselves why you’re so quick to automatically believe everything he says is when he continues to provide little to no details.

If one like Fisher claims that A>E is worth risking his "Career" then yeah there is a time limit.

This is like saying if you don't report a crime by a certain date, it's no longer true & can no longer be reported.

The man over and over claims that it is his most important fight, that accountability is more important than anything...but then he waits 8 months to make a vague tweet and excuses himself with "I hadnt had the chance to say anything"...in 8 months?
Especially since he has support now and started to get things going, so he doesnt need to wait and think and worry if it hurts his career.

The difference is the Whedon thing was the start then the train followed thereafter with him going after others but why wait all this time and then go after this particular person and when they’re promoting Dune.

January 7th 2021, Johanna Fuentes mentioned by name publicly on social media in relation to the same 'smear' article he's accusing her of putting out as well as the WB PR team which I presume she oversees, less than 30 days after the investigation concluded.

Whose shilling for WB. Some of us are just not so quick to believe everything a Fisher says that especially when he have that example of Johns threatening his career and reading it you could tell he hasn’t.

maybe ask yourselves why you’re so quick to automatically believe everything he says is when he continues to provide little to no details.
Which example of Johns is this? Is this the alleged quote in which Fisher claimed Johns asked him if he wanted to make a bad name for himself in the business after trying to pursue action to be taken over his treatment on set from Joss Whedon?

You should probably ask yourself why you're so quick to automatically dismiss anything he does say & why your first instinct is to question him as a person & his honesty when we've learned, if nothing else, from this saga that the vast majority of the accusations he's made have been proven to have enough credibility to be given the benefit of the doubt to be at least heard out without being dismissed as an "attention seeker".

This is like saying if you don't report a crime by a certain date, it's no longer true & can no longer be reported.

Well yeah...why else would you not report a crime as soon as possible unless its not true?
And this is not even him reporting a crime, this is him claiming a crime happened and this and that person are the preperator when it in any way brings him attention and not because its the right thing to do...without any real proof.

I dont care if the man accuses people left and right, if he feels so wronged he can scream 24/7 about injustice if he wants, im fine with that.
Give WB a headache for the way they handled/handle things in general, im fine with that.

My problem is that he acts like he is too busy to actually tackle the accountability thing, unless any kind of media attention is brought to something.
He threw out that tweet we talk about and then Later in the day played Video Games on Twitch...really?

He comes out, makes a vague tweet that he will tackle a topic...later because he is otherwise too busy Streaming?
This to me is not someone who cares about Accountability as much as he claims.

So what if he is? The more light is shed on WB's ****ty practices the better

It's cringe inducing seeing ya'll shill for corporations

I wonder how much money you've handed to the WB in recent years? Hopefully nothing or else that puts you in the shilling for corporations category.

Ray lost most of his credibility, imo, over the following:

- Brought up the claim the JL production changed and actor's skin tone, later abandoned it. Probably bc it was bogus and he figured there was no more mileage there. Kim Masters didn't come near it either. No acknowledgement, though.

- Insisted on framing the cutting of JL characters from the TC as racist bc he knew how inflammatory the accusation would be. The studio cut them out of the film due to *racism*, after approving of the casting and paying the actors' salaries. Suggests he's either a bit of an idiot or assumes other people are.

The Geoff Johns allegations sound like prima donna bullpoop, although it's possible there's more context there he hasn't shared. But like the above, if the "angry black man can't be the film's focus" thing came from the same source as his other tidbit, I think it could well be misconstrued info. He's proven to be manipulative and self-centered in ways that seem beyond evident to me and every accusation of his deserves skepticism in my book. Sorry, Ray.

Insisted on framing the cutting of JL characters from the TC as racist bc he knew how inflammatory the accusation would be. The studio cut them out of the film due to *racism*, after approving of the casting and paying the actors' salaries. Suggests he's either a bit of an idiot or assumes other people are.

I find nowadays that I only come into this thread to remind myself of the reality that most people still don't understand how racism works. And I am never disappointed in that sense. Yikes at this entire post, but especially the bolded.

Yikes it all day long, guy. I still think it's bull.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ah yes, the famed Twitter "i have no reasonable and mature argument" so i use a childish Gif because im Sassy...i expected more from you to be honest.
Sad to see, but if thats how you want to behave then so be it.

- Insisted on framing the cutting of JL characters from the TC as racist bc he knew how inflammatory the accusation would be. The studio cut them out of the film due to *racism*, after approving of the casting and paying the actors' salaries. Suggests he's either a bit of an idiot or assumes other people are.

I wouldnt rule out Racism on Whedons part, unlikely since he seems more like a bully towards everybody...but he cut down many POC characters scenes.
So thats something that should be looked at harder, if he has a track record on that.

But cutting the Iris West car crash scene for example, is showing mercy to us because that scene is one of the worst scenes i have ever scene in any movie.
Completely pointless and cringeworthy, wasting a ton of money and the actors time.

Maybe actors were cut because the script put them in excisable roles that didn't warrant a specific casting choice if the mandate was a smaller runtime. There's always the chance other directors w specific requirements would want to recast Atom or whoever, or Iris, the latter being currently a cast member of Flash. No? Racism then? Bc Fisher decided as much.

Profoundly sorry folks have decided to buy into even the flimsiest aspects of Ray Fisher's outrage-baiting. I don't mean to antagonize. But goddamn, think for yourselves a lil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"